Boomer or KB21.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer or KB21....

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
I have been looking at a few players and am wondering whether they (1) are a fit for the defense we are trying to get to and (2) where they are likely to be drafted.

1. Bernard Pollard(Purdue)- I know he is a liability in coverage right now, but man does he bring the lumber and at 6'2 225 has great size.

2. Broderick Bunkley(FSU)- As an FSU fan this is kind of a homer pick, but he seems pretty quick but would be undersized to play DT in a 3-4. Is he quick enough to play the 3-4 end?

3. Kyle Williams(LSU)- Hes an LSU guy and a familiar to Saban, he seems to be in the same boat as Bunkley in that hes only 295 lbs.

4. Allen Zemaitis(Penn State)- I havent seen him play, but in looking at the list of available CB's his size stands out at 6'2 205.

5. Spencer Havner(UCLA)- Great size at 6'3 240lbs and in what limited time I have gotten to watch him play hes been pretty good.

6. Pierre Woods(Michigan)- I have seen him graded out as both a DE and a LB. Can he play the LB position or should he stick to being a hand down player.

7. Winston Justice(USC)- He has to be a first round pick, but I just wondered where he grades out amoung the other LT's in the draft.

8. Andrew Whitworth(LSU)- Pretty much the same question as Justice.

9. Pat Watkins(FSU)- Again a homer pick but the guy is 6'5 and plays FS!

10. Laron Landry(LSU)- He is probably not going to be available to us outside of the first round but, about where do you see his value.

i gave you a reply because it looks like you wrote a lot:D

LaRon Landry would be awesome if we could trade down... If not, Michael Huff is quickly becoming my favorite player in this draft.

Give me a little while and I'll answer this dude. Just hectic at the moment.

Dolfan1000 said:
LaRon Landry would be awesome if we could trade down... If not, Michael Huff is quickly becoming my favorite player in this draft.

Isn't Laron Landry the guy that missed his assignment on that bowl game last year when Iowa threw a game winning 50-yard TD pass?

SackArtist said:
Isn't Laron Landry the guy that missed his assignment on that bowl game last year when Iowa threw a game winning 50-yard TD pass?

Hm..Thats a good question.

I'll tell you who I want the most if we were going to go the safety route:

Ko Simpson

Although there probably is no chance of him leaving. Ko is a beast, one of the next great safeties to come out. He's big, a ball hawk, can lay the lumber, he easily has the best ball skills of anyone that came out in a while. Even as a sophomore, if he were to come out (which he can) he would be a top 15 pick.

Boomer said:
Give me a little while and I'll answer this dude. Just hectic at the moment.

Hey no hurry Boomer, I only hit you with 10 guys at once. I just like certain things about each player and you get to see more games than I do so I wanted to get another opinion.

finz99 said:
Hm..Thats a good question.

I'll tell you who I want the most if we were going to go the safety route:

Ko Simpson

Although there probably is no chance of him leaving. Ko is a beast, one of the next great safeties to come out. He's big, a ball hawk, can lay the lumber, he easily has the best ball skills of anyone that came out in a while. Even as a sophomore, if he were to come out (which he can) he would be a top 15 pick.

wat team is he on

Let me just mention that Winston Justice has been a RT his entire career at USC, not a LT. The LT right now is Sam Baker. It's a phenomenal OL.

Justice could probably play LT. He's an excellent athlete who has trained as a boxer. He's only a junior but I expect Justice to turn pro. He even flirted with the idea last season. But his stock would have been low since he was suspended from school for the entire year after pulling a replica gun on a student. He missed the entire 2004 season after starting from the second game of his freshman year in 2002.

bump. would like to see boomer and kb21's thoughts also.

Nicky Napoleon said:
I have been looking at a few players and am wondering whether they (1) are a fit for the defense we are trying to get to and (2) where they are likely to be drafted.

1. Bernard Pollard(Purdue)- I know he is a liability in coverage right now, but man does he bring the lumber and at 6'2 225 has great size.

2. Broderick Bunkley(FSU)- As an FSU fan this is kind of a homer pick, but he seems pretty quick but would be undersized to play DT in a 3-4. Is he quick enough to play the 3-4 end?

3. Kyle Williams(LSU)- Hes an LSU guy and a familiar to Saban, he seems to be in the same boat as Bunkley in that hes only 295 lbs.

4. Allen Zemaitis(Penn State)- I havent seen him play, but in looking at the list of available CB's his size stands out at 6'2 205.

5. Spencer Havner(UCLA)- Great size at 6'3 240lbs and in what limited time I have gotten to watch him play hes been pretty good.

6. Pierre Woods(Michigan)- I have seen him graded out as both a DE and a LB. Can he play the LB position or should he stick to being a hand down player.

7. Winston Justice(USC)- He has to be a first round pick, but I just wondered where he grades out amoung the other LT's in the draft.

8. Andrew Whitworth(LSU)- Pretty much the same question as Justice.

9. Pat Watkins(FSU)- Again a homer pick but the guy is 6'5 and plays FS!

10. Laron Landry(LSU)- He is probably not going to be available to us outside of the first round but, about where do you see his value.

Pollard doesn't cover well enough to play in Saban's defense. He may grow into a linebacker at the next level.

Bunkley is a good prospect, but I don't think he fits what Miami wants to do. He's a three technique player, and Miami's defensive tackles play the one technique and the five technique.

Kyle Williams is a bit different. He's not your prototypical one technique defenisve tackle, but that's the position he has played in Nick Saban's defense. He's got a very strong lower body.

Alan Zematis is an interesting story. He had a car accident early in his career and fractured his frontal bone. He's got great size and has done a good job in coverage and in run support.

Spencer Havner has great size, but he's been very injury prone during his career.

Pierre Woods is an underachiever and a tweener. He could be an open end type of player.

Winston Justice is a right tackle, but he's a right tackle with good athleticism.

Andrew Whitworth plays left tackle but projects to right tackle in the NFL.

Pat Watkins is a good sized safety who will go in the third round area.

LaRon Landry is a Darren Sharper type that is excellent in coverage and in run support. He is a little light, but he's got great range and is an excellent tackler.

Back
Top Bottom