Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game

i dont even think that would be the mindset of belichick. even if he benched his guys, as long as the jets win that week, we cant finish ahead of them , so him giving miami a game would not prevent the jets from making the playoffs unless they screw themselves.

that being said, if u guys have everything locked up by week 17, it would make no sense to play your guys. after seeing what happened with welker last year in the finale, i think bill b learned his lesson. i also remember the only reason he played his guys last year was because the offense had not been playing so well and he wanted them to get more in sync with each other going into the playoffs. however, this season that does not seem like a problem.

OK first off please NO BELICHICK doesn't rest his starters post because that is false and 2005 in Foxboro vs us proves that (I was at the game we saw Brady for 2 series then Cassel for the rest of the game and many of their defensive stars didn't dress). Belichick will do whatever is best for the Patriots, if they continue to roll he will rest his starters but if they start to struggle we could see more of them. He will not risk injury, see Welker at the end of 2009.

Personally would love it... but would it happen... not in a million years... if the patriots clinch home field for all of their playoff games they may sit some key personel but Brady will play and he will play to win... Bellycheck will coach and he will coach to win... Still I do hate the jets and would just be grinning ear to ear to watch us/pats/ANYONE knock them down... (and then kick dirt in their faces)... God Sunday' result was Great even if the game wasnt...

Some would love this...will probably argue that their boy morono is a good coach by winning against hoyer and a bunch of bums...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally would love it... but would it happen... not in a million years... if the patriots clinch home field for all of their playoff games they may sit some key personel but Brady will play and he will play to win... Bellycheck will coach and he will coach to win... Still I do hate the jets and would just be grinning ear to ear to watch us/pats/ANYONE knock them down... (and then kick dirt in their faces)... God Sunday' result was Great even if the game wasnt...

Do I need to post the box score from the 2005 game to prove Belichick will rest Brady in this game. It has happened and will happen as long the Pats are still sharp on offense.

The blind homers would love this...will probably argue that their boy morono is a good coach by winning against hoyer and a bunch of bums...LOL

:sidelol: No kidding. They will be almost as tough to take as the clueless Jets fan who wont admit that the Colts wouldve destroyed them had the starters played in that 2nd half.

Whats sad is that it probably wouldnt get us into the playoffs either. It would be a very empty "strong" finish to the season.

Honestly I'm going to this game and I'd rather not see a preseason game. I'm just pointing out that Belichick will rest hos starters. Won or lose I won;t think any higher of the Dolphins. In fact with our offense it wouldn't shock me to see NE's skeleton crew give us a very tough game.

:sidelol: No kidding. They will be almost as tough to take as the clueless Jets fan who wont admit that the Colts wouldve destroyed them had the starters played in that 2nd half.

Whats sad is that it probably wouldnt get us into the playoffs either. It would be a very empty "strong" finish to the season.

They will then say we have the momentum in 2011! :lol:

Forget the 8 month layoff, draft, cuts, preseason ,training camp, etc...

I saw one member talking about the between season momentum a few days ago..Good lord...

They will then say we have the momentum in 2011! :lol:

Forget the 8 month layoff, draft, cuts, preseason ,training camp, etc...

I saw one member talking about the between season momentum a few days ago..Good lord...
i dont think whether we win or lose that game anyone will say its momentum heading towards next year. i think everyone learned back when we won 6 straight to end the 05 season and then started 1-6 in 06, it means ****.

i dont think whether we win or lose that game anyone will say its momentum heading towards next year. i think everyone learned back when we won 6 straight to end the 05 season and then started 1-6 in 06, it means ****.

It's weird how things get spun here. My point is only that Belichick does rest his starters in these situations, that's it. So much gets implied when you make a point you need tons of disclaimers to say anything here. That game will mean nothing for us as well, probably looking at a preseason game.

Some would love this...will probably argue that their boy morono is a good coach by winning against hoyer and a bunch of bums...LOL

Who cares what they think. It sounds like you want Miami to lose just so you can bash Sparano/morono and dish out hate all off season...WTF?

As a Dolphin fan, I ALWAYS want them to win the game regardless of whether they are playing against the other team's starters or bench players. And regardless of who is coaching the Dolphins.

Damn, your act is so damn tired already...

Back
Top Bottom