Bottom roster churning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bottom roster churning

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see most teams make a few moves here and there with some of their back of the roster players. I wonder if it's a good sign that Miami has made none? Maybe at this point everybody has looked good enough to keep around through the start of training camp.

or maybe Gase want's to see what they can do with pads on

Yes I'm sure the other coaches want to see their players in pads too, but they're still make minor roster moves. I was asking is that a sign that Miami is more pleased with the current entire roster than most of the other teams.

This is the deepest team we have seen in decades....

There is viable competition at every position.

There are already signs of diamonds in the rough - Okoye, Morgan,

And other signs of talent around recovery from injuries or wise talent selections - TJ McDonald, Charles Harris, Xavien Howard, Devante Parker, Ajayi's pass catching, Tannehill, Jones, Phillips....

This team will compete and hopefully will go very deep into the playoffs.

Yes I'm sure the other coaches want to see their players in pads too, but they're still make minor roster moves. I was asking is that a sign that Miami is more pleased with the current entire roster than most of the other teams.

I can't comment on any specific situations but some of it is moving around cap numbers, some of it comes via new coaching staffs and them shuffling thru players they want or do not want that fit their prototype philosophies for depth, etc.

Concerning us, it seems we are satisfied with our player fits and situations, and will be sorting thru it once real camp starts.

Gase stated in his presser he wants to keep peeps in the fold in order to evaluate their "total composition" and not just churn
and burn the bottom roster for chits and giggles like a number of teams do. We're all about building a sustainable football
platform -- and that means promoting a culture of devotion and loyalty (among millionaires of course).

~BNF

Bottom churning roster:

Paul Lynn
Charles Nelson Reilly
Pit Bull

I wouldn't mind releasing udfa wr Malcolm Lewis and replacing him with Rashad Ross, whom the 49ers just released. Ross is a 5'11 185 pound receiver/returner that could seriously challenge Grant for the punt return duties and could be described as a raw and slightly smaller (one inch and 10 pounds) Kenny Stills. Ross wouldn't be a lock to make the team, but he could open up a lot of possibilities in the reserve receiving corp. Miami could enter raining camp with Parker, Stills and Landry, backed up by Carroo, Scott and Grant and a 3rd unit of Ford, Ross and Morgan. The battles and combinations that could be created with 2nd and 3rd units would be interesting to watch.

This is the deepest team we have seen in decades....

There is viable competition at every position.

There are already signs of diamonds in the rough - Okoye, Morgan,

And other signs of talent around recovery from injuries or wise talent selections - TJ McDonald, Charles Harris, Xavien Howard, Devante Parker, Ajayi's pass catching, Tannehill, Jones, Phillips....

This team will compete and hopefully will go very deep into the playoffs.

Pretty pathetic that this could be the deepest team in DECADES. Lbs are a total question mark. The dbs could be terrible and the offensive line is probaby still going to be a weak link.

This team is not deep in my opinion. We are .... A question mark. Unproven. I think we can be good but we are extremely unproven.

Pretty pathetic that this could be the deepest team in DECADES. Lbs are a total question mark. The dbs could be terrible and the offensive line is probaby still going to be a weak link.

This team is not deep in my opinion. We are .... A question mark. Unproven. I think we can be good but we are extremely unproven.
DBs are very deep IMO. So deep that Tank our 3rd round pick is going to likely be 4th on the depth chart. Howard is going to be a star

DBs are very deep IMO. So deep that Tank our 3rd round pick is going to likely be 4th on the depth chart. Howard is going to be a star

We're deep with questionable talent
Maxwell is game to game hes not proven to be reliable but I like him
Howard is a good corner and he is injury prone. Lippett is a one dimensional player who I started out very high on but honestly he is a one trick pony he cant play a lick of man coverage. Tank is an unproven rookie. We're not deep with proven quality DB by any means

I think Howard, Maxwell, Lippett and Tankersly will be solid. Just need decent play in the slot from McCain and everybody to stay healthy. And it sounds like Jones and McDonald could be a great pair of safeties if Allen can hold down the job for the first half of the season. I think I like the depth in the secondary more than the depth at linebacker. I'm not so sure about Misi (health), Hewitt, Hull, Riley, Allen and Lacey.

We're deep with questionable talent
Maxwell is game to game hes not proven to be reliable but I like him
Howard is a good corner and he is injury prone. Lippett is a one dimensional player who I started out very high on but honestly he is a one trick pony he cant play a lick of man coverage. Tank is an unproven rookie. We're not deep with proven quality DB by any means

Disagree on Lippett, he CAN play man, but it needs to be against guys his own size. He's a work in progress but we knew that going in, he has progressed very well thus far.

Back
Top Bottom