BPA moving forward | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BPA moving forward

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Miami's 2017 draft and free agent moves work out, for example McDonald gets reinstated and re-signs for a few more seasons at safety, Miami could enter the 2018 off season looking for the best players available in the 2018 draft. They might need to fill a few small gaps in free agency, but by draft time they might not be handcuffed as far as looking to fill a specific need at any position. If that's the case it would be the first time Miami has been in that position in decades and a sign that they're a team ready to challenge many of the top AFC teams.

Hayes is on a one year deal...Timmons essentially is on the same deal, except at a higher price. Pouncey's hips are made of balsa wood and Bushrod has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

Those are 5 holes that have to be addressed before we have the luxury of luxury picks.

I am hoping by next year we will be in a position to start flipping draft picks for higher valued draft picks the following year.

As it stands now, I'd guess our 2018 first round pick will be another DL, most likely a DT.

For a change, we have a roster largely comprised of guys we've drafted in the last 5 years, especially on offense with only Julius Thomas and Kenny Stills being transplants and our future RG likely being added in 2018.

At some point I really hope we start stock piling 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks. Much easier for teams at the top of the draft to do it because top 3 picks have a much higher value and can yield a king's ransom for a franchise that needs a plethora of talent.

At some point I really hope we start stock piling 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks. Much easier for teams at the top of the draft to do it because top 3 picks have a much higher value and can yield a king's ransom for a franchise that needs a plethora of talent.

I'm dying to know what was included in the two separate trades we tuned down....

Sort of like DPhinz said but without Hayes, Bushrod, and Timmons. They may be important to this year's squad, a strategy imo to be mentors, but are not very important going forward, thus the one year deals. We certainly do need some Pouncey insurance just in case he's not 100% or his play declines. The season has to play out and injuries have to happen but we'd be in position to draft BPA with no glaring holes except the interior OL.

I think seeing how Miami finishes the 2017 health wise could determine much of what's done moving forward into the 2018 off season. I think the following positions as of now that stand out for possible improvements are 1) Slot CB 2) DE because there is still the issue of Wake's age and health, as well as, getting more reinforcements to supplement the roster; in spite of adding Charles Harris. 3) TE to possibly replace Fasano or Thomas or both. 4) RG and/or Center, depending on Pouncey's health and play, as well as, finally getting a long term answer at RG. 5) FS a position that in IMO, has no real answer currently on the roster. And finally CB, just because Miami's will most probably cut ties with Maxwell And his $10M salary. I'm not sure BPA is in the cards for 2018 just yet.

OLB will be a need. We'll probably need to replace Pouncey as well. TE is questionable (based on Thomas health this season -- I don't think production will be an issue for him in this offense), as is CB (Howard, Tankersley, and/or Lippitt have to prove they can be starters).

We're pretty good everywhere else. I'm confident in the McDonald/Jones pairing long term.

So yeah, C/G and OLB will be needs for sure. We will see what else.

If we are low on needs come draft time next year you know 'Baum is going to try and make a splash for a top talent.

Luxury picks when this offensive line will be a step down from last year? You can only push off quality guards for so long. Shoot, even seeing how competent guard play can work wonders for the running game and Tannehill...we still fail to address it. Nope, the echo chamber in FH and the halls of Davie are content and even bathe in their hubris of dumpster diving for guards.

Luxury picks when this offensive line will be a step down from last year? You can only push off quality guards for so long. Shoot, even seeing how competent guard play can work wonders for the running game and Tannehill...we still fail to address it. Nope, the echo chamber in FH and the halls of Davie are content and even bathe in their hubris of dumpster diving for guards.

You do realize Miami drafted a pretty damn good gaurd and signed another that was better than Bushrod?

Albert and Bushrod were not very good last season at all. Moving Tunsil to LT is an upgarde since Albert is just wore out. Slide Isaac Asiata into the LG position and let Larson, Bushrod and Steen battle for the RG position. My biggest concern is Pouncey and his health. For the money I'd bring in Nick Mangold for insurance.

James / Larson / Pouncey / Asiata / Tunsil are better than any line we had on the field last season at least on paper it is.

You do realize Miami drafted a pretty damn good gaurd and signed another that was better than Bushrod?

Albert and Bushrod were not very good last season at all. Moving Tunsil to LT is an upgarde since Albert is just wore out. Slide Isaac Asiata into the LG position and let Larson, Bushrod and Steen battle for the RG position. My biggest concern is Pouncey and his health. For the money I'd bring in Nick Mangold for insurance.

James / Larson / Pouncey / Asiata / Tunsil are better than any line we had on the field last season at least on paper it is.

514MNM2G8PL.jpg

:lol:

The good news for 2018 is the draft is looking strong at QB and OL. Which could push other players down, in other areas of potential needs for the Dolphins?

Pouncey gets hurt, all guards are trash again and we risk the long-term health of our franchise QB....way to go FO!!!

Back
Top Bottom