Brace yourselves... Manti is in town

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Slim, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

@spydercane: Breaking News: I'm on 2:55 flight to FLL and Manti Teo just got to the gate. Fins Workout I'm presuming @BenVolinPBP

Let the media circus begin!!!

2. Fintastical

Fintastical Active Member

I'm probably in the minority when I say he'd be a great addition.

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Are there still people making a big deal about that prior nonsense?

4. traptses

traptses Starter

I too believe he would be a good addition, but as one of the top prospects at his position, wouldn't he be visiting almost every team?

5. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

Dolphins doing their homework and you have to be ready if he falls into the middle of the 2nd round.

That said, I don't think we would draft him unless it's mid to late 2nd round.

6. Slim

Slim VIPeezy

I'm not so sure that he slips out of the 1st. Still think he'll be drafted somewhere in the late 20s.

On another note, they had him flying in coach :lol:... wonder if that's standard procedure or not.

7. RZA

RZA Scout Team

I called this the other day BPA round 2 - book it!

8. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I don't want him, we don't need the circus that will follow him.

9. ohall

ohall A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

If he helps us win games, I don't care if his imaginary girlfriend was the cookie monster.

10. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

The draft process is the only reason Lennay Kekua is still alive.

When the draft is over, she'll finally die within a few weeks. And stay dead.

11. finsfan4life

finsfan4life In Dawn We Trust!

I wouldn't mind him as a second round pick. Depending on who else is there obviously.

12. z926538

z926538 Rookie

Forget the circus. The Alabama game tells you everything you need to know about his prospects as a pro.

13. BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI BIG_FISH_RI

He wouldnt be a bad addition. His persona is EXACTLY what you want from a football in Miami. I think the kid will play well where ever he lands and he will stay out of trouble. Who cares about the 1st week of camp when every reporter ask how the locker room is treating you. After the 1st win or loss the story is DEAD and thats where it will stay.

14. finsfan4life

Oh, you mean the one where he was going up against Lane Johnson (1st rounder), Chance Warmack (1st rounder), and Barrett Jones (2nd rounder)?

15. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Lane Johnson played for Oklahoma. But DJ Fluker, probably the best run blocking tackle in the draft played for 'Bama.

16. DiIenno93

DiIenno93 Well-Known Member

If our tackles are not there, it is possible we draft down. If that's the case, it's only due diligence to take a look at as many of the BAPs that may be left in the bottom third of round 1. Personally, I don't see the need nor the fit.

17. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

:lol: Except for road games, where the opposing fans will start chanting her name whenever he steps on the field.

18. Cali Finfan

Cali Finfan A True Fan

Wonder if his girlfriend came with....

Seriously though, if he falls out of the first round he might be worth a look...

19. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

Oh God no.

Got owned by NFL caliber talent and the whole internet girlfriend thing was just a complete circus. I want no part of this guy.

20. rrrrphin

rrrrphin Scout Team

Was there an empty seat next to him?

21. finsfan4life

What NFL caliber talent did the Notre Dame defensive line have?

Also, as CallMeDaddy said, D.J. Fluker played for Alabama, not Lane Johnson.

22. z926538

z926538 Rookie

Yep, that's the game.

There's an old coaches story that tells you every thing you need to know about talent evaluation and acquisition:

A young man who was an All-American football player in college went back to his alma mater as an assistant coach. One of his main responsibilities in his new job would be to scout and recruit players for his college team. Before he made his first recruiting trip, he went in to visit with the head coach, the same coach for whom he had played when he was there in college some years before. The head coach was a crusty old veteran. He had held that position as head coach for many years, was widely known and highly respected all across the country.

The new young coach said to him, "Coach, I'm about to head out on my first recruiting trip, but before I go I want to be sure that we are on the same page. Tell me, Coach, what kind of player do you want me to recruit?"

The crusty old head coach leaned back in his chair. He looked the young coach straight in the eyes and said: "Son, I've been at this job a long time and over the years I have noticed that there are several different kinds of players. For example," he said, "you will find some players who get knocked down and they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And he said, "You will find some players who get knocked down and they will get right back up and get knocked down again and then they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And then the old coach said, "But you will also find some other players who get knocked down and knocked down and knocked down, and every time they get knocked down, they get right back up!"

At this point, the young coach got excited and he said, "Now, that's the kind of player we want, isn't it, Coach?"

"No!" said the old head coach. "We want the one doing all that knocking down!!"

23. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

I think Napoleon will after Pedro tells him about it...:napoleon:

[​IMG]

24. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Most overrated player until his hoax. Now just overrated. Olgetree is better if you want an LB.

25. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

You have to wonder about this kid trying to tackle a runner that isn't there..

26. Hayden Fox

Fluker...

27. finsfan4life

That's cute, but he was knocking down a lot of people throughout his career. Besides Alabama, if you can find me another horrible game he played, I'll eat my words.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Already alluded to that further up the page.

28. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Shes a real person lol, the guy just stole her identity

29. TedSlimmJr

In all seriousness, any team drafting Te'o in the 1st round would be drafting the smallest and slowest linebacker that I can remember coming off the board in the 1st round. Linebackers with that combination just don't go in the 1st round. That's without factoring in his mental deficiencies, personality flaws, and questionable football IQ.

Here's a detailed look at what really went wrong against Alabama for Te'o and the Irish. It was a complete lack of adjustments by the linebackers (Te'o) against the most basic elements of Alabama's running game. Also, the terrible angles in pursuit that he took due to being out of position from the start. On the occassions that he guessed right and found himself squared up with Eddie Lacy at the LOS, he was outclassed 1-on-1.... every time. To the point of embarrassment.

http://www.onefootdown.com/football.../9/4195510/ofd-films-the-elephant-in-the-room

30. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Personally I just think he is too aloof to take a leadership role on a team in the NFL. Unfortunately, guys will always remember this weird incident and probably won't respect him as much for whatever reason. He also doesn't come across as too confident, which won't help his ability to lead a defense.

31. finsfan4life

I don't mind people not liking him as a player, or questioning him on the girlfriend thing. The truth is, nobody really knows how he'll do in the NFL, including NFL personnel people. I also think we can all agree that he sucked vs. Alabama. I just don't like people pointing to one game as a reason not to draft him. Everyone has bad games, especially vs. top notch competition.

32. Hayden Fox

I know but it needed to be stated again...

33. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

No thanks. I hope he becomes a Patriot or Jet so that I can continue to dislike him as a player.

34. Hayden Fox

Fluker kicked every *** wearing an irish shirt that night and kept coming 4 more

35. finsfan4life

You're a great guy for looking out for everyone, thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

That's the funny thing about the draft. For example, we have a lot of people that want to draft Tavon Austin. However, if he ends up going to a team like the Jets, you have to do a 180 and turn all of that love to hate. :lol:

36. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Lennay and Sid will live forever!!!

37. finsfan4life

Lol, somebody has to print up those shirts. Also, whatever team he goes to, the fans have to have a section in the stadium for Lennay. Lennay's Lunatics!

38. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

IF we trade down in the first and pick up a second and IF he falls to the third 2nd rounder we have them I would tolerate the pickup. Give him some reps behind Ellerbee, pick up his game, and maybe he could contribute as a starter for us at some point. That's a lot of IFs - Sounds smokescreenish to me.

39. TedSlimmJr

Teo's athletic testing confirms that he's the linebacker that you saw in the Alabama game when he's faced with the type of talent he's going to see in the NFL every week. Fact is, there's not much demand in the NFL for slow witted, slow footed linebackers who don't tackle well and are without great instincts.

The NC game defines Te'o as lacking fortitude, intense mental composure, and competence in tackling against the best team by far they faced all year. According to Te'o he was aware the girlfriend situation was a hoax, but didn't have the mental capacity to focus purely on the game at hand. He uses it as an excuse which is a failing admission for a kid that hopes to be drafted in the 1st round.

If he thought Bama was tough, wait until he enters an NFL locker room where he will be teased mercilessly. He'll find out not only does the NFL have the best athletes, but they also have some of the best trash talkers. A weak mental resolve could surely crack under the pressure. I don't have anything against Te'o although I do believe he received awards under false pretenses which should've gone to athletes who were clearly superior to him.

His "career" really wasn't much until his grandmother and girlfriend died, and gained publicity because of the stories. The reality is that if Pitt just makes that point, or the refs don't incorrectly rule that Stepfan Taylor didn't break the plane.... Teo doesn't finish high in the Heisman Trophy balloting and none of what happened against Bama even transpires.

I think he's a 3rd/4th round linebacker that's been coddled by Notre Dame, and would be viewed more accurately as to what he really is if he played anywhere else. There's no question that he's the best player to come out of South Bend since Brady Quinn.

The smartest thing Te'o did was to turn down his appearance at the NFL Draft.

40. Namor

Namor Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Some of you guys just kill me....draft Teo? Really?????

41. blm0411

blm0411 Rookie

I don't think he'll translate to the NFL. A name that comes to mind that reminds me of him, and I know it's completely different at qb, is Tebow.

42. flynryan15

flynryan15 A True Fan Donator

One of the most overrated players the Notre Lame PR machine has ever produced!

43. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

I'd rather have Minter a round behind Teo.

44. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

guess our team isn't sold on koa misi then?

45. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Talk about a guy with distractions and baggage, hope we don't get him on the team.

46. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Did he bring his girlfriend?

A for originality.

47. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

Every team probably should do their due diligence on him just in case he falls to the 4th or 5th round or something.

48. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

The prior nonsense aside, I just don't think he is that good

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

49. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

I agree and i hope there is no serious interest from the fins.

I just think the whole episode was blown out of proportion. He is just a kid and there are hundreds of grown adults getting scammed or schemed financially or emotionally every day. Hopefully he will learn from this and not let the media's unrelenting coverage of him be a hindrance in his life or to his future football career. I mean look how many pro athletes get duped out of their millions by people conning them into starting a square tire store or investing in a cauliflower chewing gum company. Happens all the time.

50. spiketex

spiketex Kiko Alonso - El Bravo 47 the yappy chihuahua Super Donator Donator

Lock up your imaginary daughters and take away your high-pitched son's cellphone.