Brace yourselves... Manti is in town | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace yourselves... Manti is in town

If our tackles are not there, it is possible we draft down. If that's the case, it's only due diligence to take a look at as many of the BAPs that may be left in the bottom third of round 1. Personally, I don't see the need nor the fit.

The draft process is the only reason Lennay Kekua is still alive.

When the draft is over, she'll finally die within a few weeks. And stay dead.

:lol: Except for road games, where the opposing fans will start chanting her name whenever he steps on the field.

Wonder if his girlfriend came with....

Seriously though, if he falls out of the first round he might be worth a look...

Oh God no.

Got owned by NFL caliber talent and the whole internet girlfriend thing was just a complete circus. I want no part of this guy.

Oh, you mean the one where he was going up against Lane Johnson (1st rounder), Chance Warmack (1st rounder), and Barrett Jones (2nd rounder)?

Yep, that's the game.

There's an old coaches story that tells you every thing you need to know about talent evaluation and acquisition:

A young man who was an All-American football player in college went back to his alma mater as an assistant coach. One of his main responsibilities in his new job would be to scout and recruit players for his college team. Before he made his first recruiting trip, he went in to visit with the head coach, the same coach for whom he had played when he was there in college some years before. The head coach was a crusty old veteran. He had held that position as head coach for many years, was widely known and highly respected all across the country.

The new young coach said to him, "Coach, I'm about to head out on my first recruiting trip, but before I go I want to be sure that we are on the same page. Tell me, Coach, what kind of player do you want me to recruit?"

The crusty old head coach leaned back in his chair. He looked the young coach straight in the eyes and said: "Son, I've been at this job a long time and over the years I have noticed that there are several different kinds of players. For example," he said, "you will find some players who get knocked down and they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And he said, "You will find some players who get knocked down and they will get right back up and get knocked down again and then they stay down. That's not the kind we want!"

And then the old coach said, "But you will also find some other players who get knocked down and knocked down and knocked down, and every time they get knocked down, they get right back up!"

At this point, the young coach got excited and he said, "Now, that's the kind of player we want, isn't it, Coach?"

"No!" said the old head coach. "We want the one doing all that knocking down!!"

Are there still people making a big deal about that prior nonsense?
I think Napoleon will after Pedro tells him about it...:napoleon:

teo-1.gif

Most overrated player until his hoax. Now just overrated. Olgetree is better if you want an LB.

You have to wonder about this kid trying to tackle a runner that isn't there..

Yep, that's the game.

"No!" said the old head coach. "We want the one doing all that knocking down!!"

That's cute, but he was knocking down a lot of people throughout his career. Besides Alabama, if you can find me another horrible game he played, I'll eat my words.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Fluker...

Already alluded to that further up the page.

In all seriousness, any team drafting Te'o in the 1st round would be drafting the smallest and slowest linebacker that I can remember coming off the board in the 1st round. Linebackers with that combination just don't go in the 1st round. That's without factoring in his mental deficiencies, personality flaws, and questionable football IQ.

Here's a detailed look at what really went wrong against Alabama for Te'o and the Irish. It was a complete lack of adjustments by the linebackers (Te'o) against the most basic elements of Alabama's running game. Also, the terrible angles in pursuit that he took due to being out of position from the start. On the occassions that he guessed right and found himself squared up with Eddie Lacy at the LOS, he was outclassed 1-on-1.... every time. To the point of embarrassment.

http://www.onefootdown.com/football.../9/4195510/ofd-films-the-elephant-in-the-room

Personally I just think he is too aloof to take a leadership role on a team in the NFL. Unfortunately, guys will always remember this weird incident and probably won't respect him as much for whatever reason. He also doesn't come across as too confident, which won't help his ability to lead a defense.

Back
Top Bottom