Brace yourselves... Manti is in town | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace yourselves... Manti is in town

In all seriousness, any team drafting Te'o in the 1st round would be drafting the smallest and slowest linebacker that I can remember coming off the board in the 1st round. Linebackers with that combination just don't go in the 1st round. That's without factoring in his mental deficiencies, personality flaws, and questionable football IQ.

I don't mind people not liking him as a player, or questioning him on the girlfriend thing. The truth is, nobody really knows how he'll do in the NFL, including NFL personnel people. I also think we can all agree that he sucked vs. Alabama. I just don't like people pointing to one game as a reason not to draft him. Everyone has bad games, especially vs. top notch competition.

That's cute, but he was knocking down a lot of people throughout his career. Besides Alabama, if you can find me another horrible game he played, I'll eat my words.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

Already alluded to that further up the page.

I know but it needed to be stated again...

Fluker kicked every ass wearing an irish shirt that night and kept coming 4 more

I know but it needed to be stated again...

You're a great guy for looking out for everyone, thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

No thanks. I hope he becomes a Patriot or Jet so that I can continue to dislike him as a player.

That's the funny thing about the draft. For example, we have a lot of people that want to draft Tavon Austin. However, if he ends up going to a team like the Jets, you have to do a 180 and turn all of that love to hate. :lol:

IF we trade down in the first and pick up a second and IF he falls to the third 2nd rounder we have them I would tolerate the pickup. Give him some reps behind Ellerbee, pick up his game, and maybe he could contribute as a starter for us at some point. That's a lot of IFs - Sounds smokescreenish to me.

Teo's athletic testing confirms that he's the linebacker that you saw in the Alabama game when he's faced with the type of talent he's going to see in the NFL every week. Fact is, there's not much demand in the NFL for slow witted, slow footed linebackers who don't tackle well and are without great instincts.

The NC game defines Te'o as lacking fortitude, intense mental composure, and competence in tackling against the best team by far they faced all year. According to Te'o he was aware the girlfriend situation was a hoax, but didn't have the mental capacity to focus purely on the game at hand. He uses it as an excuse which is a failing admission for a kid that hopes to be drafted in the 1st round.

If he thought Bama was tough, wait until he enters an NFL locker room where he will be teased mercilessly. He'll find out not only does the NFL have the best athletes, but they also have some of the best trash talkers. A weak mental resolve could surely crack under the pressure. I don't have anything against Te'o although I do believe he received awards under false pretenses which should've gone to athletes who were clearly superior to him.

His "career" really wasn't much until his grandmother and girlfriend died, and gained publicity because of the stories. The reality is that if Pitt just makes that point, or the refs don't incorrectly rule that Stepfan Taylor didn't break the plane.... Teo doesn't finish high in the Heisman Trophy balloting and none of what happened against Bama even transpires.

I think he's a 3rd/4th round linebacker that's been coddled by Notre Dame, and would be viewed more accurately as to what he really is if he played anywhere else. There's no question that he's the best player to come out of South Bend since Brady Quinn.

The smartest thing Te'o did was to turn down his appearance at the NFL Draft.

Some of you guys just kill me....draft Teo? Really?????

I don't think he'll translate to the NFL. A name that comes to mind that reminds me of him, and I know it's completely different at qb, is Tebow.

One of the most overrated players the Notre Lame PR machine has ever produced!

I'd rather have Minter a round behind Teo.

Back
Top Bottom