Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

Hurts Gase too. A 1-15 season will put Gase in coaching abyss.
Exactly, some here think Gase gets a free pass on a lot when in fact he has done no more than i could have. I see zero Shula in him. He sucks as bad as the team does. Cause effect.

What is the probability of an OL coach doing rails in his office before meetings and no one else in the building knowing ANYTHING about it? I thought the logical thing to do after that happened would be to perform a mandatory drug test on everybody in the building and clean house. Gase's schtick is wearing thin on everybody if they do lose out and have a shot at a top QB in the draft Jim Harbaugh will be the coach next year. Ross would hire him in a NY minute if he can.
Who took the picture?

A coach who loses the locker room never gets that back. If that's the case, we're wasting our time keeping Gase.
That's just not true, if this team comes out next season and win some games all will be forgiven.

That's just not true, if this team comes out next season and win some games all will be forgiven.

Agree, Tomlin lost the lockerroom for a spell. But you need an owner that'll nip dissension in the bud and have his coaches back. If the players get a sense that they can force a change then that is what they will do. If I were an owner I would pick a coach that I love and give him 10 years, and everybody would know he isn't going anywhere. But for me the second Gase suggested he was good with Tannehill and Moore for the foreseeable future the interview would be over.

Hurts Gase too. A 1-15 season will put Gase in coaching abyss.

No chance with Tannehill back we go 1-15 next year. If he stays healthy we are minimum a 7-9 team. If we didn't lose 4 starters at key positions before the season even started I don't think this thread (or many others) even gets started.

Agree, Tomlin lost the lockerroom for a spell. But you need an owner that'll nip dissension in the bud and have his coaches back. If the players get a sense that they can force a change then that is what they will do. If I were an owner I would pick a coach that I love and give him 10 years, and everybody would know he isn't going anywhere. But for me the second Gase suggested he was good with Tannehill and Moore for the foreseeable future the interview would be over.

Agreed, I'm also pretty sure the Cowboys hated Garret for years before they started winning. But once the players realized JJ wasn't firing him it did the players no good to worry about it.

the problem may be Gase but it's exasperated due to incompetency from top to bottom. They all have a piece of the pile of **** that's steaming.

The team's very poor performance is certainly consistent with not only being relatively bad talent-wise, but also with an additional mental/emotional dimension that would involve low morale, poor effort, and disorganization.

The evidence for this is 1) being shut out at 25 times the expected rate in the league through seven games, and 2) being only the fifth team of 15 to fail to cover as a 17+ point underdog since 2004, in the 3,328 games played during that period (an occurrence that happens 0.15% of the time in the NFL).

Both of the above events are very rare in the league, and combinations of very rare events require out of the ordinary explanations.

In other words, the team isn't only bad physically, but there appears to also be something mental/emotional going on that explains its very poor performance. The subject matter of this thread is likely the best explanation available.

Well if this is true and Gase has lost the locker room the players are even dumber than we think, which is really saying a lot. They will be the ones moved and Adam will be given another chance. I honestly can't imagine doing anything competitive and not going all out to win but it's not my job so I can't relate.

Exactly, some here think Gase gets a free pass on a lot when in fact he has done no more than i could have. I see zero Shula in him. He sucks as bad as the team does. Cause effect.

Done no more than you could have?

That's the problem with finheaven....a lot of delusional fans. Gase isn't going anywhere and shouldn't.

Well if this is true and Gase has lost the locker room the players are even dumber than we think, which is really saying a lot. They will be the ones moved and Adam will be given another chance. I honestly can't imagine doing anything competitive and not going all out to win but it's not my job so I can't relate.

But even if that happens, if the subject of this thread is true, this season suggests there's a problem with Gase's ability as a head coach, and obviously that's troubling.

But even if that happens, if the subject of this thread is true, this season suggests there's a problem with Gase's ability as a head coach, and obviously that's troubling.

Check how the subject of this thread got started. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who this guy is who is so connected to the locker room.

Ah we're at this point in the season with the threads. Carry on gents!

Check how the subject of this thread got started. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who this guy is who is so connected to the locker room.

This guy is a former NFL player who has experienced NFL locker room dynamics and has been following the Dolphins this year enough to know how Gase's actions might have translated to poor ones for the Dolphins.

Now, that's not to say he's correct. We have no way of knowing whether he is. But like I said above, the way the team is performing suggests there's something negatively mental/emotional associated with their play, and I can't think of a better explanation than this one.

This guy is a former NFL player who has experienced NFL locker room dynamics and has been following the Dolphins this year enough to know how Gase's actions might have translated to poor ones for the Dolphins.

Now, that's not to say he's correct. We have no way of knowing whether he is. But like I said above, the way the team is performing suggests there's something negatively mental/emotional associated with their play, and I can't think of a better explanation than this one.

This still does not give him any insight into the fins locker room but it fits the forums current agenda which is why the thread has taken its direction.

Enjoy contributing to its misery.

Back
Top Bottom