Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

This guy is a former NFL player who has experienced NFL locker room dynamics and has been following the Dolphins this year enough to know how Gase's actions might have translated to poor ones for the Dolphins.

Now, that's not to say he's correct. We have no way of knowing whether he is. But like I said above, the way the team is performing suggests there's something negatively mental/emotional associated with their play, and I can't think of a better explanation than this one.

I want someone to test my objectivity. I USED to think Gase was unemotional on the sidelines. Now I think he looks like HE'S given up. Penalty? 'Whatever'

Truthfully more coaches have lost this locker room than the players have played for their coach. I'd release all of them if I could. I could build an expansion team that could execute better than these bums.
Seriously. He lost the team? Essentially the same group that loved him 12 months ago? Please. If Gase 'lost the team', that's on the idiot players. Do your ****ing job the way you're coached and shut your ****ing mouth.

There's no doubt it looks like the players are not responding to Gase. Since that 40-0 loss at Baltimore it looks as if the players have quit. Landry is the only player that stands out on the field as someone giving every ounce of effort on every play. The defense has flat out quit.

This season has become very confusing to me. How can the team go from a 10-6 playoff team last season to this disaster we see now? Last season Gase was hitting on all his decisions and he seemed humble willing to change game plans week to week based on the opponent and he seemed to change his offensive philosophy to fit the strengths of his players. This season its Bizzaro world and everything is just the opposite. Gase seems to be stubborn not willing to adapt to his players or create new game plans based on the opponent. Trading Ajayi away IMO really impacted the attitude of the team. Say what you will about Ajayi's attitude the guy played hard and was one of the few bright spots for this team. Then Miami tried to trade Landry and who knows who else. And, the Cutler signing I'm sure negatively impacted the team as well.

Crazy how in one season a team can go in such opposite directions. Hope things get turned around. I'm willing to give Gase time to right the ship. He earned that after taking a bad team last year and making them winners again. He's young and he needs to be given time to figure it out. Let's hope we draft well and get rid of Tannenbaum!

This still does not give him any insight into the fins locker room but it fits the forums current agenda which is why the thread has taken its direction.

Enjoy contributing to its misery.

The forums current agenda? You stick up for idiotic things this team does so much that it reads like you're on the fins PR team. Stockholm Syndrome fits better than dolphin fan does, IMO.

I want someone to test my objectivity. I USED to think Gase was unemotional on the sidelines. Now I think he looks like HE'S given up. Penalty? 'Whatever'

I think that's definitely part of the problem. In his press conferences he looks to me like he's experiencing a sense of helplessness that over time might make someone throw in the towel, emotionally speaking.

I think the error he made that might've lost him the locker room was in not attributing the problem primarily to Cutler early on, admitting his mistake in signing him, benching him, and turning over the team to Moore.

Now, I don't think Moore would've lit the world on fire under those circumstances (or any others), but I do think it would've kept the players from quitting on Gase, if indeed that's what they've done.

If I were on the team personally, I would view Gase's allegiance to Cutler as ego-driven, and I'd feel like quitting on him as well. Essentially the message is, "I didn't make a mistake with Cutler -- it's your all's fault instead."

And then if you consider the trade of Ajayi as Gase's further inability to take responsibility for the situation (i.e., Cutler's effect on the team), well then you essentially have a situation in which it's Gase "against" the players.

Anytime the players are battling their coach and vice-versa, the locker room is gone by definition.

Coach needs accountability. When you lose the locker room, its lazy to say its the players fault. It's literally the coaches job to keep these guys engaged, prepared etc.

Gase has done none of that this year. Zilch. He looks totally in over his head.

Done no more than you could have?

That's the problem with finheaven....a lot of delusional fans. Gase isn't going anywhere and shouldn't.
He isn't going anywhere and I'm ok with that...I want him to work out. Delusional is seeing something that other so called sports experts can't see. I assume you think he's doing a good job this year? I get we hit the playoffs last year and got blown out. I get we lost our qb, Hurricane, Timmons, Oline coach etc but what should a quality coach do with that bag? I would say something other than the laughing stock product displayed week in and week out. I see zero from Gase truthfully, I can provide zero as could Mike Shula, Sporano, Cam, and Joe the water boy. I want to see him do something other than can our most productive rb since Ricky. Can a coach, bench Pouncey...something.

Seriously. He lost the team? Essentially the same group that loved him 12 months ago? Please. If Gase 'lost the team', that's on the idiot players. Do your ****ing job the way you're coached and shut your ****ing mouth.
I hope you realize how silly your statement is. You can use your statement on teams under Phibin, Sparano and Cameron.

I hope you realize how silly your statement is. You can use your statement on teams under Phibin, Sparano and Cameron.
You can also use them for teams under Rivera, Payton and Pederson......nobody overreacted in those situations and it seems to be working out ok.

In a two year stretch, Gase has a 50% record of getting us to the playoffs. You need to calm down....

I hope you realize that all of those guys except Cameron got more than two years to prove their idiocy, so you and all the other people whining about Gase should probably pipe down and strap in because he isn't going anywhere, whether the players like it or not.

I don't know if it's that Gase has lost the team, as much as the team has given up on this season. They both look the same from the outside, but one requires a major change in the off season, the other might just need a reset and try again.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

Gase really thought he was going to save the season by bringing in Cutler. Underestimated the importance of chemistry, and also didn't take into account how Cutler rubs people the wrong way.
If Cutler had played lights out, or even decently, I think the team would have overlooked it. But this played out like a really bad decision all the way around and the Ajayi trade only added insult to injury.

If Cutler was winning, he wouldn't be rubbing anyone in any way.

The team is lost because it takes a million little things to all go right in the NFL. We don't have the talent for more than a small thing or two to fall the wrong way before we got exposed. RT going down was a LOT more than a small thing and shows not only that he's better than he gets credit for, but how much duct tape was used over the last couple of years.

I dont think hes "lost" the locker room.

Have players checked out and not selling out on sundays? Yes.

But it goes back to Aug 3rd.

Once they saw Cutler was crap and the O couldnt produce, they stopped trying. Nothing to play for, regardless if they like the coach or not.

They will magically play harder/better next year when the QB is back.

9/10 times when a team loses the starting QB the season goes down the drain.. dont be so surprised.

Back
Top Bottom