Brady Quinn product of system | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn product of system

islanddolphin

Scout Team
Reaction score
Did anyone hear O.J. McDuffie say this morning on his show that Quinn is just a product of the system and isnt that good. I have thought for a while that Quinn is the same player who didnt not look good in Ty's system the previous two years but is looking great now. I have a feeling Quinn will come into the NFL and wont get the job done. Just a feeling. He doesnt have the pure passing ability and great size of Leinart or the athletic ability and arm strength of some of the other quarterbacks. I know Brady doesnt either and he has played great but once again same system. So unless we plan on changing offensive coordinators and systems I think the Dolphins need to draft a quarterback that fits what they are doing now. Someone who is athletic, can roll out, with great touch on the deep ball.

islanddolphin said:
Did anyone hear O.J. McDuffie say this morning on his show that Quinn is just a product of the system and isnt that good. I have thought for a while that Quinn is the same player who didnt not look good in Ty's system the previous two years but is looking great now. I have a feeling Quinn will come into the NFL and wont get the job done. Just a feeling. He doesnt have the pure passing ability and great size of Leinart or the athletic ability and arm strength of some of the other quarterbacks. I know Brady doesnt either and he has played great but once again same system. So unless we plan on changing offensive coordinators and systems I think the Dolphins need to draft a quarterback that fits what they are doing now. Someone who is athletic, can roll out, with great touch on the deep ball.
Better get you fire suit on cause the flames are gonna come rolling in.. :fire:

I think it's part progression and part product of the system. He's been getting better every year, but I'm sure the Weis system has really helped him a ton.

weis was an nfl OFF coordinator.. if he could succeed with his system.. i think he can make it in the NFL

phinswin said:
weis was an nfl OFF coordinator.. if he could succeed with his system.. i think he can make it in the NFL
thats a good point

Weis was also probably the best offensive mind in the NFL, so obviously he's gonna help. I think Quinn will be a pretty decent Qb, but I don't think he's half the Qb Leinart is. Alot of people are on the Quinn bandwagon because he plays at Notre Dame, he's good but because Notre Dame has a tv contract and is on almost every week playing against some pretty bad teams this year, he looks amazing. I'm not gonna knock ND's schedule because usually it is the toughest in the country, but it was pretty soft this year with no fault on him, but it inflated his stats and fans general perception of how good they are. If Young does not come out this year I think Quinn should because I don't believe alot of teams on Notre Dame's schedule will have a down year, and Young would be the top Qb next season if he stays in school, and other guys like Leak/Brohm/Jacobs may move up ahead of him. Quinn is a good Qb, but I think when I see people post that he is a better player than Leinart it's ridiculous.

djfresh47 said:
Weis was also probably the best offensive mind in the NFL, so obviously he's gonna help. I think Quinn will be a pretty decent Qb, but I don't think he's half the Qb Leinart is. Alot of people are on the Quinn bandwagon because he plays at Notre Dame, he's good but because Notre Dame has a tv contract and is on almost every week playing against some pretty bad teams this year, he looks amazing. I'm not gonna knock ND's schedule because usually it is the toughest in the country, but it was pretty soft this year with no fault on him, but it inflated his stats and fans general perception of how good they are. If Young does not come out this year I think Quinn should because I don't believe alot of teams on Notre Dame's schedule will have a down year, and Young would be the top Qb next season if he stays in school, and other guys like Leak/Brohm/Jacobs may move up ahead of him. Quinn is a good Qb, but I think when I see people post that he is a better player than Leinart it's ridiculous.

Well if you are gonna compare him to Leinart it is very easy to say Leinart is just the product of a great team.

This is another "both" thread instead of an "either-or" thread.

Most likely, Quinn has a lot of talent AND is a product of the system.

islanddolphin said:
I've said this before, I love Quinn & Notre Dame... But i don't think he'll make it in the NFL, I just don't see the ability.

gottahavefootba said:
Well if you are gonna compare him to Leinart it is very easy to say Leinart is just the product of a great team.
Absolutley! put Lienart on Ball St. and you would never here his name. TEAM is everything.

I think Quinn will be good, remember he is working with less than what Leinart has. Lets face it, ND doesn't have a Bush on the team like USC does. I also think USC's receivers are alot more talented then ND's

Cannonboy said:
I think Quinn will be good, remember he is working with less than what Leinart has. Lets face it, ND doesn't have a Bush on the team like USC does. I also think USC's receivers are alot more talented then ND's

I am not exactly a Vince Young fan and I not totally a Leinart fan either. But you cant say a quarterback is great because of the weapons around him. Remember when Simms was at Texas - he had great widereceivers, better than any Leinart had, and he had a really good running game, and supposedly all the talent in the world and never won the big game. No matter how much talent a quarterback has they still have to make the plays. Everyone is saying how Quinn has progressed this year but so has Young a lot in a system that isnt as passer friendly as Notre Dame's. Carson Palmer was also in the same system as Leinart with a lot of talent and he got the job done there and now is definitely playing great in the NFL. We sometimes get caught up in numbers and not pure natural ability. I think Quinn will be an alrite quarterback but not a franchise leader.

Why Quinn will succeed.

1. His coach won Super Bowls in NFL
2. Quinn learned Weiss system just this year. (Some Qbs struggle)
3. Has played big in ND games and their MVP.
4. Has improved his play the past 3 years..

I dont see why he couldnt succeed in the NFL.

If you are going to say that then I think you have to say Brady is just a product too.

Back
Top Bottom