Brady willing to go to Federal Court if suspension up held | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady willing to go to Federal Court if suspension up held

I hope he does and that it drags out till playoff time and the court upholds it suspending him for the playoffs.

I hope he does and that it drags out till playoff time and the court upholds it suspending him for the playoffs.

Unfortunately, I view it as the court decision taking a few years which by then Brady will possibly retire and never face the consequences of his actions.

The ruling on the appeal was never said was it? I hope it stays 4 games.

If Goodell overturns his own decision, it just underscores how morally corrupt he and the league truly are. Vince McMahon has more integrity!

If Goodell overturns his own decision, it just underscores how morally corrupt he and the league truly are. Vince McMahon has more integrity!

To be fair both leagues are rigged. :foundout:

...or final 4 games in the season, forcing them to actually miss the playoffs. The suspension is more due with his lack of co-operation in the investigation then the balls actual pressure, so the court could rule that Brady deserves to be punished the max.

NFL will probably reduce suspension to one game for failure to co-operate and leave it in Brady's court to decide. That way if Brady takes it to court he can't dispute the no compliance to co-operate. The tampering will balls will be hard to prove. But this allows Brady to save face for the cheating part while only being out one game. Win-Win for both. Lose-lose for everyone else.

Tom Brady appeal settlement unlikely as league source says support for four-game Deflategate ban is considerable

The chances that a negotiated settlement of Tom Brady’s appeal of his four-game Deflategate suspension will be completed between the NFL and the players’ union are viewed as small by some connected with the case, while there is sentiment among other franchises for the league to stick with the current penalty, according to people with knowledge of the sport’s inner workings.
For that reason, two people on the management side of the sport played down the likelihood of a negotiated settlement of the appeal, with one calling the chances “minimal.” Both pointed out the league and union have had a particularly confrontational relationship over the past year. The two sides have clashed repeatedly over the NFL’s handling of discipline in the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy and Brady cases.

“I would find it hard to believe he would change it, given that he made the original decision,” a high-ranking official with one NFL franchise said Thursday. “Was there anything compelling in the [appeal] hearing to make him change his mind? I don’t know that there was.”

Goodell has faced strong criticism from fans, media members and other groups since last fall. The high-ranking team official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic, said most NFL owners want to see Goodell do what bolsters the commissioner’s standing.

“I think other owners are concerned about what this means to the commissioner’s credibility,” the high-ranking team official said. “Do they care if it’s four games or two games or one game? I’m not sure they do. But they would like to see the commissioner emerge from it credible and looking like he’s dealing from a position of strength. I’m sure there are some [owners] who are anti-Patriots and jealous of their success.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-four-game-deflategate-ban-is-considerable/

I also heard on Sirius radio that sentiment around the league (NFLPA) is that the suspension should be upheld even though the NFLPA is helping Brady fight it.

I also heard on Sirius radio that sentiment around the league (NFLPA) is that the suspension should be upheld even though the NFLPA is helping Brady fight it.

Because everyone outside of Boston knows this ****bag is a cheater and a phony.

Adam Shefter is on ESPN reporting "Breaking News!" About how the NFL is still trying to reach some kind of agreement with Brady and the Pats, but a settlement is unlikely. :lol:

It's hilarious how Shefter always feels he has to break stories before everyone else, even if there is no story. What a schmuck.

Apparently, Pburgh wants Tommy Boy eligible for the opener.

What happens should Brady play, New England wins, & because of this the stealers go from being the #4 seed & hosting someone as opposed to being the #6 seed and say going to Arrowhead??

Back
Top Bottom