Brady’s side faces tough questions at Deflategate appeal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady’s side faces tough questions at Deflategate appeal

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sal Paolantonio covered this live yesterday for NFL Live. This didn't sound good for Mr. Smug, he his going to get his four games and like it.

The latest chapter in the Deflategate saga unfolded in a Manhattan courtroom on Thursday as the three judges from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit questioned lawyers for both the NFL and NFLPA in a hearing to determine if they will uphold Judge Richard Berman’s ruling that set aside Patriots quarterback Tom Brady’s four-game suspension.

Observers in the courtroom noted that NFLPA lawyer Jeffrey Kessler faced stiff inquiries during his turn in front of the panel, including queries from Judge Barrington Parker about Brady’s destruction of his cell phone.

“Why couldn’t the commissioner suspend Brady for that conduct alone?” Judge Barrington Parker said, via the Providence Journal. “You have one of the most celebrated players performing in that fashion? Anybody within 100 yards of this proceeding knew that would raise the stakes.”

Parker went on to say that Brady’s explanation that he routinely destroys his phone “made no sense whatsoever.” Federal court reporter Max Stendahl of Law360 tweeted throughout the hearing and noted that Judge Denny Chin called evidence “compelling, if not overwhelming.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-faces-tough-questions-at-deflategate-appeal/

Dan Shaughnessy of the Globe equated the DeflateGate incident as Tom going 68 MPH in a 65. If he would have said 'my bad' there would have been a hand slap, and this whole thing would be forgotten. But Tommy is going full on denial, and wasting a ton of time and money from the players union, and state.

I can see him going to SCOTUS expecting to get denied, but granted a stay which would allow him to play this season.

Dan Shaughnessy of the Globe equated the DeflateGate incident as Tom going 68 MPH in a 65. If he would have said 'my bad' there would have been a hand slap, and this whole thing would be forgotten. But Tommy is going full on denial, and wasting a ton of time and money from the players union, and state.

I can see him going to SCOTUS expecting to get denied, but granted a stay which would allow him to play this season.

So agree. It's not about guilt, but not complying with the investigation and destroying evidence.

Back
Top Bottom