Branch

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Pandarilla, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

I couldn't watch the game yesterday but I saw Branch had 2 sacks. Were they good sacks?

reason being I gave him flack for his get off the week prior. So if he earned it this week, I'd like to be the first to praise him. I mean, 2 sacks, c'mon...

2. TheWozz

TheWozz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Believe the one was someone else (Wake, I think) causing Cassel to step up into Branch and second one was good hustle sack. Don't bet money on my recollection though.

Pandarilla likes this.
  3. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

That is correct. Charles Harris was the standout along the DL although every man in rotation was solid.

4. TheWozz

Harris looks good. Front 7 looks good (just wish McMillian was out there getting reps!). Young Cbs look good. Jones getting back to all pro playmaker form. Need upgrade at slot CB and FS. Offense...well did I mention the D looks good?

5. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

Can you imagine what this unit can become? Next year Miami gets McMillan back and maybe another player or two from the draft that can contribute.

6. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

I believe Chris Grier might have just had on of the best drafts in Miami history. That includes all the UDFA that made the team, I can’t ever remember a draft that has produced this many contributors? As for Branch he did what he was suppose to do against a 2nd string OT. He dominated him at times, same for Harris.

7. NyPhan23

NyPhan23 Starter

I think that may be a tad premature... I mean, jury's still out on Harris, McMillan, and Asiata (Harris is trending up, but let's not forget it's one week vs a backup LT). Ford didn't make the team. Godchaux, Taylor, and Tankersly look promising thus far. Good depth UDFAs as well.

8. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Branch did a good job vs. Titans but he needs to follow that up with stringing a few good games together and not disappear for several weeks at a time.

Michael Scott likes this.
  9. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

If Miami can add a FS. Watch out.

10. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Came here to post this. Him and Kiko are arguably the same player, different position

Michael Scott likes this.
  11. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

I know you like Derwin James but if it's a rangy ball hawking FS you want then Fitzpatrick is a fit, he can play every position in the secondary.

Phinatic8u likes this.
  12. TheWozz

I know I'd love a rangy ball hawking FS with coverage skills...

13. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

They're back up LT was terrible. Good for Branch but Cassel was pretty horrific as well. I don't see us dominating another Offense like we just did. Who knows? i've been wrong before lol

14. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Both would be amazing to have.

15. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

What's your take on Godchaux? It does look like an outstanding group. Love what I've seen so far from Tankersley and Harris is starting to come on. Plus, I think McMillan might end up being the best of the bunch.

16. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

True but anything we can get is awrsome

17. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

Absolutely!! Lets hope our O can help the D this week. We really cannot afford any of what we've seen if we think we are going to even come close to the Falcons. Anything can happen. Hopefully Cutler plays like an NFL caliber QB. After the game, I think Boomer Esiason was saying Cutler is just not making throws he has seen him make. If we would have lost last week, Dolphins fans might start skipping games. Cutler needs to at least play hard and engage with the receivers and linemen. Ajayi is great but cannot do everything. Looks like we do have a top 15 defense at least so far..

18. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

Godchaux has been a real find in the 5th round. He was just a guy at LSU, who seemed to make the occasional big play and had some games where you thought he was going to be a high pick. But still had an unassuming career at LSU. After he was drafted I read some articles about him and what he was asked to do while in college. Apperantly Godchaux did what he was told to do by his coaches, they wanted him to be an occupier of blockers to free up others to make plays. Since being drafted by Miami, he’s displayed both technique and strength, especially in his hands that have been talked about by Miami coaches and beat writers a like. Both are traits you’d want in a DT, who plays along side of Suh. He’s turned out be more than what I think most Dolfans could have imagined. He gives Miami, exactly what they need, which is a stout run defender, who anchors, in spite of only being around 300lbs. Kudos to the scouts who saw his potential and the coaches in Miami who unleashed his powerful base and hand use. Tankersley was a favorite of mine, because he was of a similar build to Howard. After he was drafted reports from the draft; of his lack of tackling, had me worried he’d be a bust. But again Miami’s coaches have allowed him to play to his potential by playing to his strength of a press CB. He’s developed very nicely and much quicker than I think anyone expected. Tank and Howard have a real chance of becoming a top CB duo in the NFL. Harris to me was an enigma, because of his lack of height and weight, there was no questioning his pass rush moves and great 1st step, but how was it going to translate going up against top notch LT’s every week in the NFL. After a less than stellar pre season, where he was invisible and showed an inability to disengage o-linemen, I became disenchanted, thinking he could be a bust. I don’t think he had a tackle in all of the pre season. But as the season started you could see how he was getting around the corner on OT’s in every game. But again up until the Saints game he wasn’t making any plays. Over the last 2 weeks the signs are certainly there he’s learning to convert his talent into making plays. Although he still needs to work on his run game recognition, because he still gets caught charging up field unable to locate the RB. I want to get excited, but am taking a cautious approach until he starts becoming more well rounded and consistent.

19. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Pandarilla likes this.
  20. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

First clip is blatant illegal contact

nick1 likes this.
  21. hoops

hoops exited stage left

First clip is blatant hands to the face. Second qb climbs up into that sack due to wide pressure from reshad jones. That's a matt Burke sack

where's th'fish likes this.