Brandon Gibson: Wired | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Gibson: Wired

That was awesome!! Thanks man!! Love his leadership.

for some reason the video is not loading for me after close to a minute, will try again later

Him and Hartline are very smart football guys. I'm loving our new receiver group :brewskis:

I had No clue who this guy was, but I like him more and more every new thign I find out about him. Seems like some very solid depth for our WR corp., and now, some solid leadership

Solid team guy, smart, nice size, let's the QB know what's available to him...looks like he will be a good pick-up for us.

Great find. The more I see of him the more I like him. He is the exact opposite of Egnew. That is the way I see him. I loved the excitement he showed at the end of the game. Football is not a job to him, it is a passion. Another thing that was unusual was something he said in an interview on miamidolphins.com, when asked he said he really wanted to stay with the rams. Said he had worked hard to get on the same page with Sam. To some that may seem like a negative, but what it shows is how much he put into the organization. It may take him a little longer to learn our system, but once he does he will know it better than a lot of other players. It isn't about learning the system, it is about learning the little things that make the system work. I loved how he gave feedback to the QB and it worked for a TD. That shows he understands how the routes work vs the mistakes the defense is making and how he can take advantage of it. That shows both intelligence and confidence.

As someone else pointed out he also showed a lot of leadership on the fumble. He didn't go over and say "don't worry we will get it back", no, he went over and said "hey, YOU are going to be the guy that makes the play". The difference seems insignificant until you really think about it. Imagine just letting your team down and hearing both statements. One statement allows you to release into a state of knowing you are having a bad start to a day but don't worry someone else will pick up your slack. The other statement, the one he used, put Danny's head back into the game, thinking HE was the one that was going to change the outcome. Almost all professional players are very superstitious, and bad starts usually mean bad days. The difference between those two comments make a bigger difference than most people want to realize.

I really like this guy. I think Gibson will probably be a bit of a slow learner, but I think by mid season he will be a force on 3rd down and in the redzone.

Gibson is suppose to be very smart and a very fast learner so no worries there.

I had No clue who this guy was, but I like him more and more every new thign I find out about him. Seems like some very solid depth for our WR corp., and now, some solid leadership

That's one of the things that impressed me from this video...his leadership.

I really like this guy. I think Gibson will probably be a bit of a slow learner, but I think by mid season he will be a force on 3rd down and in the redzone.

Curious why you think this?

I found this on YouTube when I heard we were interested in signing him....immediately after I needed him in a Dolphins jersey...very glad he is going to be a part of this offense

Back
Top Bottom