Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source

I know not everyone is big on PFF...but per pass rush he gets more pressure than anyone in the league. The sacks aren't there (yet) but that's why teams are all over him. Teams see that in the tape and in the analytics. Teams probably think a couple breaks here and there all of a sudden he's a 12 sack per year guy...and even if not pressure=disruption

Wake will be a year older and expensive. OV will be a FA. Not saying they will be but its possible.

yeah... i still would like to resign them... Wake would be the more expensive one... but definitely want them both around still. dont want to lose both in anyway

yeah... i still would like to resign them... Wake would be the more expensive one... but definitely want them both around still. dont want to lose both in anyway

Cowboys cut bait with Demarcus Ware a year ago, and he was younger than Wake and was and a better player.

Part of being a good team is knowing when to make the tough (but right) decisions.

Wake wasn't great last year. He is still a really good pass rusher, but that is all he can do at this point. He's making too much to be kept around past this year . . . and the savings are big enough this year to where they may feel he's not in the plans.

Cowboys cut bait with Demarcus Ware a year ago, and he was younger than Wake and was and a better player.

Part of being a good team is knowing when to make the tough (but right) decisions.

Wake wasn't great last year. He is still a really good pass rusher, but that is all he can do at this point. He's making too much to be kept around past this year . . . and the savings are big enough this year to where they may feel he's not in the plans.

i see.... i'll be sad

He set the edge at Michigan extremely well . . . hell I believe he was the top rated run defending DE that year. He can play the run from OLB in a 3-4 or as the DE in a 4-3. You are underestimating him.

This kid was the #13 pick in the draft . . . went ahead of Earl Thomas and Dez Bryant. Hell I thought we were pretty dumb for passing on him in 2010 . . . we were running a 3-4 and needed an OLB opposite of Cam Wake. He was a glove fit.

Truth is, if Miami believe Cam Wake has one year left (like I do when I look at this contract) . . . this could be a real smart move on their part.

He's better than OV when he is right and OV is on his last year also. This isn't as bad as it looks. Go back to the Michigan tape . . . you'll see a hell of a player, one that got hurt early in his career, and finally flashed his ability in 2014 when he was healthy.

He could be really really good next to Suh.

i'm not going back to michigan tape when i've got enough nfl tape...and if miami was gonna spend this kind of money THIS YEAR with what we have already at de i mean put it in the cb position where we have zero depth short of jamar taylor in house worth a hoot

if you pay him that kind of money he needs to play every down for you...so unless vernon is going to the bench or someone is leaving the timing of this stinks...

I always wondered if a Suh signing would lead to Wake leaving. We shall see.

Tough to see Wake in a 3 year plan. However, I would still go with him this year. Great pro.

i'm not going back to michigan tape when i've got enough nfl tape...and if miami was gonna spend this kind of money THIS YEAR with what we have already at de i mean put it in the cb position where we have zero depth short of jamar taylor in house worth a hoot

if you pay him that kind of money he needs to play every down for you...so unless vernon is going to the bench or someone is leaving the timing of this stinks...

Cam Wake goes to the bench. He was on it plenty last year, and he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in the run game. Restructure or cut him . . . it's that simple. You get a 3 down player in Graham and you move Jordan to SAM and he becomes a big time player.

This was happening in 2016 . . . may as well get a start on it now.

demarcus ware spent his entire final couple years with the cowboys always nursing something or hurt...they let him go as much for durability concerns as anything...wake hasn't had times like that yet...so it's not the same thing

demarcus ware spent his entire final couple years with the cowboys always nursing something or hurt...they let him go as much for durability concerns as anything...wake hasn't had times like that yet...so it's not the same thing

Yea Wake is just on the sidelines fully healthy in crucial situations because the team decides to move Jared Odrick to DE because Cam Wake can't handle the run.

Wake got old last year. He's still a great pass rusher, but that is all he is.

Cam Wake goes to the bench. He was on it plenty last year, and he wasn't hurt. He was a liability in the run game. Restructure or cut him . . . it's that simple. You get a 3 down player in Graham and you move Jordan to SAM and he becomes a big time player.

This was happening in 2016 . . . may as well get a start on it now.

you are cutting cam wake when he was the only guy that got your sorry ass d off the field in 2014??? i guess that 4.5 sacks from vernon or no show from mid october on was a mirage...i'm not cutting cam wake til something else in house proves it can consistently get after the qb at a higher level than wake still shows...and no one in house is close to that level

and damn sure not for a 34 olb that did jack squat most his short career only to flash analystics with no finish in a contract year no less which should be a red flag to legit difference maker money to play in a 43

Yea Wake is just on the sidelines fully healthy in crucial situations because the team decides to move Jared Odrick to DE because Cam Wake can't handle the run.

Wake got old last year. He's still a great pass rusher, but that is all he is.

well that got old guy is still the best pass rusher in the building and the only one that got you off the field

I think this move means Jordan will be traded to Eagles for a late round pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I've heard we have not re-signed Derrick Shelby. I'd assume this is his replacement. Your 3 man DE rotation is Wake, Vernon, and Graham.

you are cutting cam wake when he was the only guy that got your sorry ass d off the field in 2014??? i guess that 4.5 sacks from vernon or no show from mid october on was a mirage...i'm not cutting cam wake til something else in house proves it can consistently get after the qb at a higher level than wake still shows...and no one in house is close to that level

and damn sure not for a 34 olb that did jack squat most his short career only to flash analystics with no finish in a contract year no less which should be a red flag to legit difference maker money to play in a 43

The only mirage is people thinking Cam Wake was this big time player in 2014. He would of been great if he was a "situational pass rusher". Fact is he gets 9.8 million a season . . . at that price, he needs to be a 3 down guy. He is not that anymore. Brandon Graham is that.

How many times last year were people saying "Why the **** is Cam Wake is on the sidelines?" in crucial situations? People thought we were forcing Dion Jordan on the field . . . no we weren't, we were trying to cover for Cam Wake in the run game.

He's a great pass rusher man, I'm not denying that. He makes too much to be just that tho.

Back
Top Bottom