Brandon London not practice squad eligibile | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon London not practice squad eligibile

JonnyZ81

Scout Team
Reaction score
Did you guys know this?

Another thing to keep in mind is the practice squad. Lex Hilliard is eligible to go on Miami's practice squad. But he'd first have to make it through waivers without any other team signing him - which is no safe bet. On the other hand, London is not eligible for the practice squad because he dressed for 14 games last season with the Dolphins. So the Dolphins would have to cut their ties with Brandon if they choose not to keep him on the final 53-man roster. Because of that, I'd leaning more towards the Dolphins keeping Brandon around and attempting to sneak Hilliard through to the practice squad. But I'm far from confident in that prediction right now.

heres the source - http://www.thephinsider.com/2009/9/2/1011423/the-remaining-roster-battles-in

So do you think we keep london cus we cant stash him on the PS?

Unfortunately for London, Turner offers the same kind of target and was a recent high draft choice. London's one on one drills video that came out earlier this year was so impressive. It's hard to imagine that the talent shown in that recording alone couldn't warrant atleast a 6th rounder from a team desperate at WR.

IMO Lex Hilliard has zero chances of clearing waivers. This guy looks like a cheap monster at RB. If we cut him, we may find ourselves regretting it. Ronnie Brown might cost a fortune to resign and reports stipulate Williams has already decided to retire after next year. Patrick Cobbs is one heck of a complimentary player to any football team but he can't carry the load by himself.

Unfortunately for London, Turner offers the same kind of target and was a recent high draft choice. London's one on one drills video that came out earlier this year was so impressive. It's hard to imagine that the talent shown in that recording alone couldn't warrant atleast a 6th rounder from a team desperate at WR.

IMO Lex Hilliard has zero chances of clearing waivers. This guy looks like a cheap monster at RB. If we cut him, we may find ourselves regretting it. Ronnie Brown might cost a fortune to resign and reports stipulate Williams has already decided to retire after next year. Patrick Cobbs is one heck of a complimentary player to any football team but he can't carry the load by himself.

There will be better receivers cut than London. Anything is possible but with actual pads on he has shown zero.

There will be better receivers cut than London. Anything is possible but with actual pads on he has shown zero.

Exactly. How nice would it be to get a 5th/6th WR that could be our return man too? Ahem Parrish cough cough.

No point keeping a player who is showing no sign that he can play to the recquired level.

Not sure why him being PS eligible is even an issue. Even if he were PS eligible, why would we consider it as an option? He was on the 53-man roster for the entire season last year (and an active player for 14 games). Placing him on the PS this year would show regression. I don't think we are into keeping players that are regressing.

Londons sure ticket was through ST and the guy just has not done it there at all. He clearly is not as focused. Brian Hartline is amazing to me. Never would have thought.

London just hasn't improved enough at WR. He does a good job on special teams. That's about it and that isn't going to be enough on this squad.

I don't think a 6th receiver out weighs a 4th RB on a running team. If he was in the mix you could make an argument for him but the 2 rookies are equal/better and are getting most of the PT.

Back
Top Bottom