Brandon Marshall is 37th in TD Production over last 2 years, Buh Bye! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is 37th in TD Production over last 2 years, Buh Bye!

I am of the idea that you do not get rid of your best playmakers but Marshall has been in trouble since he got here and it might have been the right time to get rid of him. He dropped a lot of balls last year that could have made a huge difference in a couple of games. I understand why we are moving on, which a lot of people do not. At least we got something back out of him, but it is too bad that we could not get what we gave for him. Hopefully we can find his replacement in the draft and maybe sign Manningham.

two years ago it gave up two 2nd-round draft picks to acquire him and then proceeded to give him a dump-truck full of cash?

And here is what Denver got with those (2) 2nd round picks

In 2010 they packaged our 2nd round (43) and a 3rd round from Philly (70) and a 4th rounder (114) to move up into the late 1st round (25) and select guess who. Tim Tebow

I'd take Tebow over BM any day of the week. The team Tebow plays on win games, and BM teams lose more often then they win.

In 2011 they selected Orlando Franklin from the U who started every game last year for them at Right Offensive tackle.

We could have had him instead of going last year with turnstile Columbo.

Very bad trade for us.

Not to mention the money Ross got fleeced for.

He is one of the best in the NFL. It was nice having a real WR for a change. He was big and physical and made a lot of tough catches. He should have held on to more catches but he was worth a few drops, defenses don't give a crap about Bess or Hartline even though they can be decent players.

He is one of the best in the NFL. It was nice having a real WR for a change. He was big and physical and made a lot of tough catches. He should have held on to more catches but he was worth a few drops, defenses don't give a crap about Bess or Hartline even though they can be decent players.

37th is not one of the best, it is mediocre.

Now one of the best contracts for production, yes.

$2.7M per TD.

defenses don't give a crap about Bess or Hartline even though they can be decent players.

Bess tore up the jets in the finale and BM wasn't on the field to help.

Bess help beat the jets in the finale. BM lost the 1st game to the Jets with his falling down antics and running out of bounds.

First of all, I was against the Marshall move from the very beginning; it was yet another example of the Dolphins thinking they could just poach whatever talent they need from other teams (although, god knows, they can't develop it in-house).

That said, if Marshall really is just an also-ran receiver with butterfingers who doesn't score TDs (in addition to being an incorrigible nut-case), what does that say about this franchise since just two years ago it gave up two 2nd-round draft picks to acquire him and then proceeded to give him a dump-truck full of cash? If we fleeced the Bears by trading Marshall for two #3s, then what kind of screw-job did the Broncos give us?

Yes, the Dolphins are the worst run team in the league. Noted.

yeah, we only had a guy who once he compensated for a lack of TC reps, finished the season winning 6 out of 9
ranking 12th in the league in QBR:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/b...frame=All&qualified=1&sort=49&old_category=QB

and was 4th best in Advanced NFL Stats's pure "long ball accuracy" (stripping out YAC).
http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/01/air-yards-2011.html

If anything Marshall's drops might have cost him 2 more wins and the team a chance to make game 16 vs the jest more than just a spoiler.

But if you wanna hold on to the belief that it was everyone but Marshall, well if that helps you sleep at night, no skin off my back.:idk:

Silly Goose, every body knows the hands ARE NOT the best place to hit an open receiver, you are supposed to throw the ball behind them so it is easier to catch!

Yes, the Dolphins are the worst run team in the league. Noted.
Seems to me that it's important to note that fact given that this franchise wouldn't have been in the position to dump Marshall on to the next unsuspecting (or better yet gullible) team had they not given up a considerable amount-- in draft picks and cash-- to acquire him in the first place. Thus, any praise that the F.O. gets for now dumping Marshall should be tempered by the realization that it was a stupid move to get him in the first place-- although I suppose that hideous blunder will be chalked up to Parcells so as to maintain the illusion that any problems in the F.O. are now gone.

I get it, Brandon Marshall sucks, we're better off without him. Feel much better thanks to all these threads about how much he sucks now that he's gone. I'm glad we no longer have to worry about anybody dropping or catching any TD passes.

but I was told the lack of TDs is ok because he had so many receptions and yards... lol

Back
Top Bottom