Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall is a Top 3 WR in the NFL

is B-Marsh a Top 3 WR in the NFL to you?

• Total voters
The problem I have with Marshall is that he does not stretch the field. His avg per catch is much lower than many at 11.1 yds/catch. Statistically he is a lot like Welker...who I consider a great receiver, but not Top 3 either.

You laugh at Jackson either one of them...they both had more yards last year and had averages of 17.2 and 18.6 yds/catch.
Smith by the way...I meant the Carolina one...not the NYG one (who is pretty good also) If he was younger (car one), I would take him in an instant over Marshall.
Don't even Talk about Fitz or Andre...without a doubt the discussion starts at #3...
You may not like Rice either, but last year was a break-out year and all he did was make plays at key times. 4th in the league in yards and a 15.8 average.

You guys can laugh...but the plain fact is that Marshall falls into a large group of "Tier 2" receivers.

You know...I remember quite a few folks arguing the same thing before Marshall became a Dolphin...fun how "rose-colored glass" change the world...

The problem I have with Marshall is that he does not stretch the field. His avg per catch is much lower than many at 11.1 yds/catch. Statistically he is a lot like Welker...who I consider a great receiver, but not Top 3 either.

You laugh at Jackson either one of them...they both had more yards last year and had averages of 17.2 and 18.6 yds/catch.
Smith by the way...I meant the Carolina one...not the NYG one (who is pretty good also) If he was younger (car one), I would take him in an instant over Marshall.
Don't even Talk about Fitz or Andre...without a doubt the discussion starts at #3...
You may not like Rice either, but last year was a break-out year and all he did was make plays at key times. 4th in the league in yards and a 15.8 average.

You guys can laugh...but the plain fact is that Marshall falls into a large group of "Tier 2" receivers.

You know...I remember quite a few folks arguing the same thing before Marshall became a Dolphin...fun how "rose-colored glass" change the world...

How is Marshall in the second tier of recievers if he is talked about as the #3 best WR in the league. Even you say it starts there.

I agree Fitz and Andre are better but Marshall is way above the second tier of recievers. He is top 5-7.

I always considered him the #2 behind Andre even before the talks of him coming here. He is flat out dominant and a wrecking ball in the open field. I'd take him over Fitz.

You think his noddled arm QB, Orton has anything to do with that? Or his stupid head coach, Josh McDaniels? Jesus, get a clue.

I have always considered Marshall to be third behind Fitzgerald and Johnson.

However at the end of the day, whether you consider him the best or even fifth, it is just nice to finally have an elite wide receiver that is always in the conversation for best in the league.

I always considered him the #2 behind Andre even before the talks of him coming here. He is flat out dominant and a wrecking ball in the open field. I'd take him over Fitz.

You're crazy if you'd take Marshall over Fitz. Fitz scores almost every game. He gets about as many yards as Marshall but way more TDs.

How is Marshall in the second tier of recievers if he is talked about as the #3 best WR in the league. Even you say it starts there.

I agree Fitz and Andre are better but Marshall is way above the second tier of recievers. He is top 5-7.

I just believe that Fitz, Johnson, and Smith (CAR-when he isn't hurt) are considerablly above others. The second tier has a lot of guys....I'd say about 10, or even more which fall in this group.

Saying that Marshall doesn't stretch the field based upon his YPC is silly. He catches more passes around the line of scrimmage than most WR's. If he were in systems like Fitzgerald, his YPC would shoot way up. Marshall averaged 13 YPC his second season (while catching over 100 balls). When you look at some of Marshall's highlight plays, it's absolutely stupid - pure and simple - to say that he's not a deep threat. Also, he's a tremendous red zone threat. In the right offense, he's a 15 TD per year kind of player.

In terms of style of play, he somewhere between A. Johnson and L. Fitzgerald. Like CK said, once you get to a certain point, you're splitting hairs.

Note: saying that you're crazy if you'd take Marshall over Fitzgerald because of TD's scored, you should be aware than A. Johnson has never scored more than 9 TD's in a season (1 less than Marshall's career best). I think both players are capable of scoring between 15 and 20 TD's every season.

The reason I like Fitz is because he comes up with the catches when it counts and he goes up owns the ball when its in the air...CONSISTENTLY. Look at the SB...didnn't everyone in America knowthat Fitz was going to be the go-to guy in the second half and he still owned the game...

Johnson...he is just in a league of his own.

Saying that Marshall doesn't stretch the field based upon his YPC is silly. He catches more passes around the line of scrimmage than most WR's. If he were in systems like Fitzgerald, his YPC would shoot way up. Marshall averaged 13 YPC his second season (while catching over 100 balls). When you look at some of Marshall's highlight plays, it's absolutely stupid - pure and simple - to say that he's not a deep threat. Also, he's a tremendous red zone threat. In the right offense, he's a 15 TD per year kind of player.

In terms of style of play, he somewhere between A. Johnson and L. Fitzgerald. Like CK said, once you get to a certain point, you're splitting hairs.

Note: saying that you're crazy if you'd take Marshall over Fitzgerald because of TD's scored, you should be aware than A. Johnson has never scored more than 9 TD's in a season (1 less than Marshall's career best). I think both players are capable of scoring between 15 and 20 TD's every season.

I don't disagree with you at all. The point is that we are "just splitting hairs". But some of these comments are as if one is clearly above the others. He falls in a group of very good receivers...some of which I think are better. Just my "split of the hair"...

To assume an offensive coordinator would turn a guy who could average 16-17 yards a catch into a guy who averages 11 yards a catch is what's silly. It's the coordinator's job to maximize the yards the offense gains per play. The reason Marshall catches a lot of balls behind the line of scrimmage or close to it is the same reason Davone Bess catches a lot of balls behind the line of scrimmage or close to it -- getting open down the field isn't his specialty. Marshall is too physical to be covered in the short area and he's fabulous after the catch, but getting open deep isn't something he does spectacularly well. Marshall admits this in interviews openly. Therefore coordinators don't send him deep with regularity. Why would they? You've got to match the role to the player, and so far Marshall's coaches have done that with him very well.

Also, to respond to an analysis of Marshall's play by pointing to highlights you've watched -- no doubt on YouTube, probably while masturbating furiously -- is what's stupid. You've got to come to the debate better armed than that.

Other than Fitzgerald and Johnson, nobody has an argument..... Moss? No. Wayne? No. Smith? No......Nobody other than those two have an argument.

Driver??? Rice??? Smith??? Boldin??? lmao ya ok. da only receivers ahead of him r Johnson, Fitzgerald, nd maybe Wayne and its not a big margin he could easily be top 3 (Go 9 poster!) lol

Back
Top Bottom