"Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami"

MARSHALL~LAW

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
marshalle1330887254842-1.jpg
Getty ImagesBrandon Marshall says he’s glad the Dolphins traded him to the Bears this offseason because he doesn’t think he would have been effective in Miami this year. In fact, he doesn’t think any wide receiver in NFL history would have been effective in Miami this year.
In an interview on 740 The Game, Marshall took a parting shot at the Dolphins, saying he thinks they were wise to trade him because in their offense, with their quarterbacks, they wouldn’t have been able to put him in a position to make plays.
“It doesn’t make any sense to pay a guy $2 million and only expect him to have 60 or 65 receptions, or 70 receptions in this new offense,” Marshall said. “And also, if you don’t have a quarterback, it doesn’t matter who you have out there. You can bring Jerry Rice back in his prime and he’s not going to be effective. So it makes sense on a business end, and also the fit just philosophy-wise, wasn’t there. I can understand the change, and honestly this is the best move that could have happened for both sides.”
Marshall is so happy to have a quarterback who can get him the ball in Chicago — his old friend and teammate Jay Cutler — that he calls the Bears a “dream organization.” Still, Marshall says he has no hard feelings for Miami.
“I wish the Dolphins the best of luck, and the guys on the team,” Marshall said. “I have a lot of friends there. I hope they get a chance to turn it around and start winning because that fan base is desperate for some wins.”
Marshall just doesn’t think that fan base is going to see any big plays from the wide receiver position. No matter who the wide receivers are.

Back to the old BM I see.

Only way BM can stay relevant is by running his mouth. Thats why they call him baby TO.

Was sorry to see him go, sympathized with him about his challenges from what sounds like a BS anti-social affliction, gave him th benefit of the doubt that he didn't provoke his wife to gut him, and in all honesty, would prefer to continue to think he's a schmuck just like Porter, but root for him to succeed if he was still our schmuck.'

However, how wrong is it for me to now wish him a season-ending injury, a 3-strikes suspension for that nightclub attack, or a better aim by his wife the next time it happens. Enough is enough. :idk:

edit: nice to see you back GB!!!! :up:

Was sorry to see him go, sympathized with him about his challenges from what sounds like a BS anti-social affliction, gave him th benefit of the doubt that he didn't provoke his wife to gut him, and in all honesty, would prefer to continue to think he's a schmuck just like Porter, but root for him to succeed if he was still our schmuck.'

However, how wrong is it for me to now wish him a season-ending injury, a 3-strikes suspension for that nightclub attack, or a better aim by his wife the next time it happens. Enough is enough. :idk:

edit: nice to see you back GB!!!! :up:

Thats the only wrong part I see.

That's funny,many balls right to him went right through his hands.

I find it funny that Marshall said that wr would not find success in miami's offense when if he was on the packers last year he would have been the third best receiver behind nelson and jennings. Marshall is thinking of Miami being the same offense apparently that he was in. IF Philbin can implement things the way he wants, Marshall would have been extremely productive in it assuming he stopped dropping passes. To say no receiver would be successful is absurd and unnecessary. He needs to worry about himself. The funny thing is I live in the chicago area and their offense is far from great. He would have been better in Miami but its his loss.lol

I do believe he dropped 7 touchdown passes last year!

Marshall matured in Miami from where he was in Denver and there is no reason to think he wont continue to. Although he would have had better numbers if he hadn't had the drops in early 2012 or fallen out of bounds in the open field, what he is saying is correct. The need for a dominating WR in the WCO is not there and he knows he doesn't fit what Philbin will implement. This is really not a big deal but because it involves the Dolphins and a high profile guy, the media and fans salivate at what they perceive as blood in the water.

Sorry Brandon the difference between you and Jerry. Is Jerry Rice would of been a HOF WR almost any where he went in the NFL. He had more heart and passion for the game in his pinky, than you do in your hole body.

Last I remember, Jerry Rice had a Hall of Fame career in San Fran in a WCO.

Green Bay recently won a SB in this WCO.

How many rings does Marshall have?

Great that he can look like a circus freak in the Pro bowl when they really don't matter.

All he brings now is a sideshow when it does count.

Could he just once say, along with the Quaterback play, that he could have helped his Quaterback and his team out by holidng on to some of those throws? Maybe he has said that but I haven't seen it.

Back
Top Bottom