"Brandon Marshall says Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami"

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MARSHALL~LAW, May 11, 2012.

1. MARSHALL~LAW

MARSHALL~LAW Well-Known Member

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT [​IMG] Getty ImagesBrandon Marshall says he’s glad the Dolphins traded him to the Bears this offseason because he doesn’t think he would have been effective in Miami this year. In fact, he doesn’t think any wide receiver in NFL history would have been effective in Miami this year.
    In an interview on 740 The Game, Marshall took a parting shot at the Dolphins, saying he thinks they were wise to trade him because in their offense, with their quarterbacks, they wouldn’t have been able to put him in a position to make plays.
    “It doesn’t make any sense to pay a guy $2 million and only expect him to have 60 or 65 receptions, or 70 receptions in this new offense,” Marshall said. “And also, if you don’t have a quarterback, it doesn’t matter who you have out there. You can bring Jerry Rice back in his prime and he’s not going to be effective. So it makes sense on a business end, and also the fit just philosophy-wise, wasn’t there. I can understand the change, and honestly this is the best move that could have happened for both sides.”
    Marshall is so happy to have a quarterback who can get him the ball in Chicago — his old friend and teammate Jay Cutler — that he calls the Bears a “dream organization.” Still, Marshall says he has no hard feelings for Miami.
    “I wish the Dolphins the best of luck, and the guys on the team,” Marshall said. “I have a lot of friends there. I hope they get a chance to turn it around and start winning because that fan base is desperate for some wins.”
    Marshall just doesn’t think that fan base is going to see any big plays from the wide receiver position. No matter who the wide receivers are.

Back to the old BM I see.

2. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton A True Fan

He's right.

3. Chubby

Chubby SUPERFAN

Under Tony S.'s watch he would be correct.
    Chubbs

4. Scottg247

Scottg247 Member

Only way BM can stay relevant is by running his mouth. Thats why they call him baby TO.

5. MARSHALL~LAW

True.....though I wouldn't agree to this in the WCO.

6. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

He would have been more productive if he didn't drop so many passes.

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Was sorry to see him go, sympathized with him about his challenges from what sounds like a BS anti-social affliction, gave him th benefit of the doubt that he didn't provoke his wife to gut him, and in all honesty, would prefer to continue to think he's a schmuck just like Porter, but root for him to succeed if he was still our schmuck.'

However, how wrong is it for me to now wish him a season-ending injury, a 3-strikes suspension for that nightclub attack, or a better aim by his wife the next time it happens. Enough is enough. :idk:

edit: nice to see you back GB!!!! :up:

8. MARSHALL~LAW

Thats the only wrong part I see.

9. yesric

yesric Rookie

That's funny,many balls right to him went right through his hands.

10. Noodleman

Noodleman Starter

I find it funny that Marshall said that wr would not find success in miami's offense when if he was on the packers last year he would have been the third best receiver behind nelson and jennings. Marshall is thinking of Miami being the same offense apparently that he was in. IF Philbin can implement things the way he wants, Marshall would have been extremely productive in it assuming he stopped dropping passes. To say no receiver would be successful is absurd and unnecessary. He needs to worry about himself. The funny thing is I live in the chicago area and their offense is far from great. He would have been better in Miami but its his loss.lol

11. betadog

betadog Well-Known Member

I do believe he dropped 7 touchdown passes last year!

12. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

Marshall matured in Miami from where he was in Denver and there is no reason to think he wont continue to. Although he would have had better numbers if he hadn't had the drops in early 2012 or fallen out of bounds in the open field, what he is saying is correct. The need for a dominating WR in the WCO is not there and he knows he doesn't fit what Philbin will implement. This is really not a big deal but because it involves the Dolphins and a high profile guy, the media and fans salivate at what they perceive as blood in the water.

13. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 Well-Known Member

Sorry Brandon the difference between you and Jerry. Is Jerry Rice would of been a HOF WR almost any where he went in the NFL. He had more heart and passion for the game in his pinky, than you do in your hole body.

14. Canadianfishfan

Canadianfishfan FinHeavean VIP

Last I remember, Jerry Rice had a Hall of Fame career in San Fran in a WCO.

Green Bay recently won a SB in this WCO.

How many rings does Marshall have?

Great that he can look like a circus freak in the Pro bowl when they really don't matter.

All he brings now is a sideshow when it does count.

15. Albert Romano

Albert Romano Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP

Could he just once say, along with the Quaterback play, that he could have helped his Quaterback and his team out by holidng on to some of those throws? Maybe he has said that but I haven't seen it.

16. vafins

vafins Well-Known Member

Jerry Rice would catch bricks thrown by Cleo lemon but yeah

17. SnakeoilSeller

SnakeoilSeller Scout Team

I am willing to bet that BM puts up decent numbers this year (if he is not suspended for too many games.), He drops at least 4 TD passes and the Bears will have a losing season. The Fins are better off without him.

18. NCPhinatic

NCPhinatic Rookie

He wouldn't have been successful with Dan Marino throwing to him. He was a big baby and didn't even give 50% effort to catch and hold on to those that he dropped. He better be glad he didn't have a top QB throing to him, cause Marino would have ridden his *** about every dropped pass.

19. CapedCrusader

CapedCrusader Rookie

For the love of all that's holy, can somebody find a video that includes every pass this guy dropped over the past few seasons? Heck, I'd settle for just the redzone/endzone drops. I'm guessing I can't find one on YouTube because the video duration cap prohibit files of that freakin' magnitude... After viewing it a few times, perhaps we could have an honest discussion about 'productivity' and or 'effectivity'.

And for the record, I think Jerry Rice would've been a Hall of Famer wherever he played. In the 'right' time and place, he might have even carried a Cleo Lemon with him.

20. michaelscott

michaelscott Active Member

This.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

21. Killerphins

Killerphins Well-Known Member

Brandon Marshall is a fraud. Top five, top ten my ***.
    The guy can suck it. Never liked him and never will.
    What a ****ing idiot.

22. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't quite understand why Rice would be unsuccessful. GOAT WR would make any QB look awesome wouldn't he?

23. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Marshall should remember he has the right to remain silent and just zip it.

24. JerseyFinz

JerseyFinz Member

He is acTually not talking BS.

25. GoonBoss

He can't. He simply can't do it. He's got too much misplaced ego, even after all his comedy of errors for this team.

It's simply appalling really. The sheer, unmitigated gall of this duchebag.

26. GoonBoss

Funny thing is; I just took a look at his stat line. If he would've held onto the ball, he would've had, in terms
    of yardage, touchdowns, and probably avg/catch arguably his best season in the NFL last year.

27. Acrunch

Acrunch Well-Known Member

Moore, Gerard and Tannehill should be high fiving each other that they will not have to contend with his dropped passes, ego and sideline rantings. Hartline, Bess and whoever else makes the WR corps this year should also be thrilled that there will no longer be a diva or a system in place that demands all the balls be thrown his way. I've said it all along, the last thing a young and inexperienced QB needs is a WR who rants and raves at his QB, w/o once looking at himself in the mirror and acknowledging his shortcomings and mistakes. Joe Rose this morning called BM the most selfish player ever to wear a dolphins uniform and that BM is a QB killer. Glad he's gone.

28. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Pretty sure Jerry Rice would have caught all those dropped passes and he wouldn't let Revis make him his *****. Rice beat on Deion Sanders all the time.

29. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

Damn, now I had to remember that play again.

Revis STOLE the ball from him in the most abusive, disgusting way possible.

When I look at his stats at Denver and his stats last year the biggest difference is the number of dropped passes.

Didn't Steve Smith also have 1,000+ yards with Moore?

Smith is just a modest, average sized guy but I think he would anhilate Marshall if it came to that. Women beaters all got it coming to them, maybe not today or tomorrow but destiny has something up her sleeves waiting for psycho boy.

30. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Since when is 1000+ yards not productive?

31. GoonBoss

I think he's talking about this year.

I guess he's not a fan of the WCO, which is odd, as he's really perfectly suited for the WCO except for
    his 10 cent head.

I think you'd have to say that Marshall was productive in Miami, but he was definitly an under acheiver. He
    was given every chance to be a superstar, and it was his, and his fault alone that he wasn't.

Imagine what his stat line would look like if he just didn't inexplicably run out of bounds, let himself
    get bullied for balls, and outright drop 7 touchdowns.

32. GoonBoss

Really? Why? Considering Reggie Bush had a career year...

33. overworkedirish

overworkedirish A True Fan Donator

Jeez, some of these reactions on here are as diva-ish as they claim BM himself to be. I wish he had done more here, and his attitude was off-putting at times, but the guy's gone, and he's saying good luck to the team and to fans - how much more can you ask for? Some of you guys spend so much time sh*tting on him that you don't know when you yourself should just stop typing. Smh.

I for one am glad BM was here for a time. I'm also glad he's gone now. It's the best for him, for us, and now its time to move on.

34. cdz12250

cdz12250 FinHeaven VIP

"Jerry Rice wouldn't be productive in Miami."
    Sounds like an excuse for why Brandon Marshall was not productive in Miami.

35. GoonBoss

How much more?

How about not saying anything at all?

Plus, he wants to talk trash about the QBs that were with him when he had what could have been the most
    productive years of his career if he'd held up his end of the deal. Balls that hit you square in the hands and
    you drop them are NOT the QBs fault. It's the fault of the only person he wouldn't think of blaming. Himself.

36. danthemanfan

danthemanfan DanTheManFan

That's why he is no longer here!

37. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Member

Who really cares what he thinks?

38. Dsteve

Dsteve Well-Known Member

people jumping down his throats are just knee jerking to anything negative about the dolphins. We don't have a quarterback, it's true. those talking about how well the packers did last year are forgetting that rodgers is a top 3 NFL quarterback. Until Tannehill gets in we have no shot at having anything close to rodgers production.

39. prim3time

prim3time Rookie?

The sad thing is He is right for the past decade the Dolphins Qb's have been made of glass or just plain suck.

40. kdog69

kdog69 Rookie

I'm really glad he's out of here. A lot of fans are still pissed with the F/O for trading him but the team doesnt need teammates like that in the locker room. For a someone who led the league in drops to criticise/blame everyone except himself. I know they would have had a few more wins if he had showed up in a few games and held on to the ball.