Brandon Marshall will have outstanding year, before Fins regret their decision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall will have outstanding year, before Fins regret their decision

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The former Broncos malcontent was rewarded by Miami this week with a four-year contract extension that reportedly guarantees him $24 million dollars. And what did Marshall do over the past year to motivate Miami to shower him with that much dough? Well, I have to be honest. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Maybe it's the fact that he just passed the one-year anniversary of his last arrest. Or maybe he pledged not to skip the Dolphins' mandatory team workouts like he did in Denver last June. Perhaps he even gave Bill Parcells his word that he wouldn't act like a spoiled child, purposely dropping passes during a practice for at least a year or two.

Don't get me wrong. I know Marshall is a tremendous on-field talent on game day, and I fully expect him to have a terrific debut season in Miami while he's enjoying his honeymoon period with the Dolphins. He's undoubtedly giddy over his new opportunity, his new surroundings and his freshly fattened wallet. But the guy repeatedly has found ways to get into trouble. Former Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler noticed it back in 2007 after one of Marshall's many off-field adventures that created distraction and drama for the club.

"It's just something about him. He's always into something," Cutler said.

That's a fact. Marshall's been charged with disorderly conduct, simple battery and false imprisonment during relationships with two women. He served a year of probation after a DUI incident, went through anger management counseling to get some charges against him dropped and has been suspended in the past by the NFL and the Broncos. And now he can make the streets of Miami his new playground with $24 million in his bank account. Does this seem like a very bad idea to anyone else?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seven-points-nfl-draft-bradford-clausen-tebow-041810

I think Marhsall has changed and I really hope he stays clean. I still love the move.

Well now he doesn't have to worry about those other women because he's engaged to be marry. I think her wife is really down to earth will keep him grounded.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1HRnRu6V8&feature=related

This is part 2 of a minor bio pic by FOX Colorado. This video features his fiance "Michi" who he mentioned in his press conference when he arrived in Miami. It's amazing how much he needed/deserved this pay increase. Near the end of the video you can tell that he's changed and not a kid looking to get into trouble.

Even if he doesn't get his 100 rec that everyone expects he will have an unspoken impacting with his blocking on the outside and the double teams he will create. We should all be looking forward to the red zone this year where marshall thrives.

Well now he doesn't have to worry about those other women because he's engaged to be marry. I think her wife is really down to earth will keep him grounded.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1HRnRu6V8&feature=related

This is part 2 of a minor bio pic by FOX Colorado. This video features his fiance "Michi" who he mentioned in his press conference when he arrived in Miami. It's amazing how much he needed/deserved this pay increase. Near the end of the video you can tell that he's changed and not a kid looking to get into trouble.
I'm still trying to figure out if he was doing a Bill Cosby impression throughout the video.

26 and married is different than 22-24. Maturity comes with age and so does the ability to handle success in the league. It also helps to have a solid, stable coaching staff. The contract they gave is wired with explosives if he ****s up and no one seems to mention that. 24 guranteed is worth the possible and likely reward.

The writer also goes on to say how Ginn can develop into a solid #3 in the slot and an effective catch and run WR. How can you be solid in the slot when you only catch balls along the sideline and dive out of bounds or curl in the fetal position if you catch the ball between the hashes (if you even catch the ball). The was a reason last year he was beaten out by bess, hartline, and cam by midseason. People are enamored with his speed, but speed does not make someone a ball player.

This author of this article is a douche who doesnt know his ******* from his elbow.....but as always FinAtic, thanks for the reading material, you are my one stop shop for Fins news.

Whatever, never even heard of Ed Thompson anyways

Even if he doesn't get his 100 rec that everyone expects he will have an unspoken impacting with his blocking on the outside and the double teams he will create. We should all be looking forward to the red zone this year where marshall thrives.

I entirely agree though some with tunnel vision would see it differently.:woot:

If the author of the posted column had done better research:ponder:, perhaps reading the PFT article, I'd like to believe his opinion might worth the time it took to read.
:crazy:

The only person that decides how Brandon Marshall plays and acts is Brandon Marshall himself. There's no point in listening to anyone else's opinion on the subject, good or bad.

Can't take anyone seriously when they say Ted Ginn will "thrive" with the 49ers.

With that lisp and that degree of passivity he's going to thrive in San Francisco alright, just not on the football field. :chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom