Brandon Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall

tapsmiled

Scout Team
Reaction score
So Brandon played well tonight, and that should be appreciated, but at what point is he going to realize that that move, where he attempts to have a trailing cornerback run past him by hitting the brakes, simply does not work. We finally had the chance to see him CONTINUE FORWARD after catching the ball tonight, and he gained positive yards. All last season, whenever he caught the ball, he would immediately stop in an obvious attempt to try to shake his defender. But when you are routinely double-covered, the 2nd CB is typically right there. With Brandon's size advantage, he needs to do more of what he did tonight and quit trying to be so cute after the catch.

Just what we need a probowl receiver getting hurt going for yac in the preseason

You are joking, right? I am not only talking about the preseason. If you read my post, I said that he did it all last season. With the exception of the pass when Henne hit him in stride, he tried it tonight as well and does it routinely at practice. It is a tactic that, for him, does not and has not worked the whole time he has been in a Dolphins uniform. He is not shifty and elusive like Bess. He is a guy who has a distinct size advantage over many of those who cover him, and I don't think asking him to continue upfield is an outrageous request, preseason or not.

Maybe in your league, players can wear a tu-tu and wield a purse, but I prefer men to play the game.

You are joking, right? I am not only talking about the preseason. If you read my post, I said that he did it all last season. With the exception of the pass when Henne hit him in stride, he tried it tonight as well and does it routinely at practice. It is a tactic that, for him, does not and has not worked the whole time he has been in a Dolphins uniform. He is not shifty and elusive like Bess. He is a guy who has a distinct size advantage over many of those who cover him, and I don't think asking him to continue upfield is an outrageous request, preseason or not.

Maybe in your league, players can wear a tu-tu and wield a purse, but I prefer men to play the game.

laughable Marshall had one of the highest yacs in the league until he got traded to a inaccurate QB. Go tell Nmandi Marshall is soft! He said hands down most physical WR he ever faced like playing a de.

Well on the positive side < marshall caught some passes , did not beat up his wife or get stabbed this week and has 0 arrests for the week. whoo hoo lol

So Brandon played well tonight, and that should be appreciated, but at what point is he going to realize that that move, where he attempts to have a trailing cornerback run past him by hitting the brakes, simply does not work. We finally had the chance to see him CONTINUE FORWARD after catching the ball tonight, and he gained positive yards. All last season, whenever he caught the ball, he would immediately stop in an obvious attempt to try to shake his defender. But when you are routinely double-covered, the 2nd CB is typically right there. With Brandon's size advantage, he needs to do more of what he did tonight and quit trying to be so cute after the catch.
A lot of that has to do with ball placement. If he has to modify his position to catch a badly thrown ball, it's going to have a negative impact on his ability to pick up YAC. Another example is the circus catches that Bess routinely makes. They look cool, but in a lot of cases the ball is badly thrown and he has to do that. If the ball was thrown correctly in the first place, he may be free to be more of a playmaker ala Wes Welker.

Reactions: MD
Look at some of his Denver highlights. You'd be surprised at how many times that DOES work, and he turns it into a big gain. He doesn't need to completely juke his defender, he just needs their momentum going the wrong way, and he's big and strong enough to break through an off balanced tackle from a DB. Like some have said, ball placement is key.

I think it does work effectively if the ball is out quicker that is. He's buying himself an extra second.

Marshall not shifty? LOL. Like the above, go watch his Denver highlights, then come back to me and claim with a straight face the guy can't juke somebody out of their shoes. I rather suspect that Henne is going to cotton on to what Marshall likes to do and learn how to place the ball to enable him to do it.

Back
Top Bottom