Brandt: Dolphins will win the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt: Dolphins will win the AFC East

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
To piggyback on the previous post where I touched on the expectations for the Dolphins for 2010, I direct you to a couple of items that have caught my attention.

First up is the prediction from NFL.com's Gil Brandt on where he expects the Dolphins to be once the NFL regular-season is over in January.

"I think the Dolphins will be in first place in the AFC East come Week 17," Brandt said on his live chat a bit ago. "They have done a lot to help their team, they have a young QB in Chad Henne who is getting better every week.
"The key will be how Ronnie Brown recovers from his knee injury and whether he can stay healthy. Henne must cut down on his interceptions. If he does, he will be very good."

So much for the Jets being the team du jour in Brandt's mind. So much for the Pats defending their division title. Brandt thinks the Dolphins will go third to first in the division.

Beyond that I must correct the record from the previous post on Tony Sparano and his public confidence. Sparano has always made winning the division his team's stated goal and I assumed that would hold for 2010.
That's why I wrote that while Sparano may have loftier expectations and goals for his team privately, he wouldn't say winning the Super Bowl is the place his team will be publicly.
Well, not so fast.

A friend directed me to this video of the Dolphins awards banquet earlier this summer. In it, owner Stephen Ross repeated his talk about winning a Super Bowl this season and having a parade to celebrate the title.
And Sparano was right there with him.

"The long haul is the 28 weeks that start July 30th," Sparano tells the crowd. "... that 28 weeks is the time it takes for us to win the Super Bowl, for us to have that parade, Mr. Ross. So February, Dallas, 2011? I'm with you."
Hmmm.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...hins-will-win-the-afc-east.html#ixzz0uI9dw5Vl

great to see sparano's quote at the end. love it. gotta be confident. brandt seems to be the only guy thats not doubting us beside rich esisen who has a man crush on henne.

great to see sparano's quote at the end. love it. gotta be confident. brandt seems to be the only guy thats not doubting us beside rich esisen who has a man crush on henne.

Michael Lombardi? Mike Florio? A lot of people are picking the Fins to make the playoffs actually.

I think we have a good chance, but the Jets defense is nasty, hopefully Sanchez develops into a nice bust, and Shonne Green can't get no where with teams stacking the box.

Our front did a good job against their blitz packages last year, they should be able to do it again. Let Rex shed some more tears over the mighty miami dolphins.

Good to see a few people not blow the Jets all year long. I haven't even heard anything about the Pats recently. Is that bad or good?

Good to see a few people not blow the Jets all year long. I haven't even heard anything about the Pats recently. Is that bad or good?

I think its a bad thing..Pats have been one of those teams in past where when they had a chip on their shoulder they ended up playing really well and winning the divison..

Tho most of the old time Pats leadership is gone, but who knows.

Back
Top Bottom