Brandt: "I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick." Agree? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt: "I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick." Agree?

I get being excited. But a lot of posters make it sound like we had this top-20 RB on our roster last season and just chose to not give him the ball - it's a little ridiculous. There are reasons he was a 4th-round pick and got only 50 carries last season.

Exactly

Actually he graded out as a first round grade only behind richardson in a few experts grades he fell in the draft because of his inexperience because he came out early

Don't take it personally they don't get tongue in cheek

Well..honestly...some of the posts here, do you know how hard it is to read..."tongue in cheek?"

Brandt: Ryan Tannehill would be this draft's No. 1 pick

It's not just the quarterbacks, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt. It's a "unique draft" with fewer future Pro Bowl selections in the top 10 picks than in drafts of the previous two years.

"I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick," Brandt told Sports Illustrated's Peter King. "And he was (eighth) last year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...ryan-tannehill-would-be-this-drafts-no-1-pick

Brandt loves Tannehill. Always have...

Yes, Tannehill would be the top pick and it wouldn't even be close. Last year's QB class was exceptional, and what Tannehill lacked was experience. With that experience, Tannehill would have been the clear cream of the crop. I'm very thankful that he came out when he did ... or else we wouldn't have any shot at him.

i can tell you he's better than any qb in this draft

He would easily be the top QB taken without a doubt. Those who think otherwise are likely those who think Devlin would be the top QB taken and should be given a chance to start.. LOL...

That's ridiculous. Just because I, or anyone else, disagree with the OP doesn't mean I think Devlin should be our starter. It also doesn't mean that I don't like Tannehill. He was a stretch where we picked him. Sometimes those picks work out, sometimes not. I'm very happy it's working out. Feel free to represent your own opinions but try to refrain from representing mine or anyone else's when you don't know what they are.

Ben Volin@BenVolinPBP:
Gil Brandt to
@SI_PeterKing: "I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick."

What do you guys think about this statement,
are the QB's this year really that far behind last years crop?

Do you agree?

With another season under his belt and with the quality of players that Texas A&M got this season, surely Ryan Tannehill would have climbed to unquestionable top pick.

Remember scouts marked the biggest question mark on Tannehill was his lack of experience.

There's the happy 40% adjustment again. Frankly, I wish you guys made the daily betting lines. There has never been a player go first in the draft who carried the rating that Tannehill had at this point last year. Not even close. I've followed the draft for 40+ years. If he were even proposed to go first his game would have been dissected until the thought were laughable. You've got to apply situational influence in real time. He was a second tier whispered pick who drew some praise and eased up the boards. Not a high priority. That's an entirely different ball game than scrutiny toward first overall. Aaron Rodgers accomplished far more at Cal than Tannehill did at Texas A&M yet Rodgers was picked apart and plummeted.

Besides, it's quite convenient to elevate Tannehill alone. If we know what we know now, why wouldn't Russell Wilson go first overall? If Tannehill somehow sat out a year and were available for this draft, there would be spotlight on what Manziel accomplished at A&M, far beyond Tannehill's resume, and that comparison would work poorly toward Tannehill's prospects. If we're leaving Tannehill at A&M in 2012, Manziel likely plays ahead of him, so Tannehill would go lower than he did, not higher. Kevin Sumlin runs an offense designed around Johnny Manziel types, not Ryan Tannehill.

Let's see, I'll propose that the winner of the Kentucky Derby will run the race in 2 minutes 9 seconds. It might sound wonderful. Let me know when it happens.

Actually he graded out as a first round grade only behind richardson in a few experts grades he fell in the draft because of his inexperience because he came out early

Link?

i think what's convenient is the assumption that 6 ft 190 lb manziel would start over tannehill if they were in the same camp...that sounds convenient to me...but maybe with sumlin instead of sherman that would have been the case....usually though the guy that doesn't fit the prototype for the position has an uphill climb when someone else does and would have been the incumbent starter...

Back
Top Bottom