Braylon Edwards | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards

ZachThomas76

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Still think he's a bum not worth giving up a 3rd and 5th for? This goes back to the off season when it seemed like everyone wanted to bash on this guy and some even said giving up a 3rd for this guy would be too much. Perhaps Im seeing something in this guy others arent. I see a big, fast, physical wr who can make plays. Last time I checked, those guys dont grow on trees. I would gladly give up what the Jets gave up assuming he could be re-signed.

Outside of that one pretty amazing catch he didn't do a whole lot except draw BS calls.

He had 2 excellent catches actually. I guess you missed the other one over the middle where he climbed the ladder and made a fingertip grab. Not bad for a guy with 2 days of practice with his new team. Considering some of the crap Ive seen posted on here about him, you would think he was the biggest bust ever. He had 16 Td catches 2 years ago. That doesnt happen by accident.

Yes Braylon definitely played good and was on his best behavior

Question is....How long do you think that will last???

Still think he's a bum not worth giving up a 3rd and 5th for? This goes back to the off season when it seemed like everyone wanted to bash on this guy and some even said giving up a 3rd for this guy would be too much. Perhaps Im seeing something in this guy others arent. I see a big, fast, physical wr who can make plays. Last time I checked, those guys dont grow on trees. I would gladly give up what the Jets gave up assuming he could be re-signed.

Amen.

I laughed at those saying he wouldn't be a positive factor. You gotta look at NFL teams like a company full of employees. Some teams are great companies (Indianapolis Colts) and other teams are struggling companies on the verge of massive layoffs and Chapter 11 (Oakland Raiders). Think of the Cleveland Browns as one of those companies who just hasn't figured it out. They have disgruntled employees who aren't making the money the feel they're worth and they have no incentives for the hard work they put in.

So they stop.

Next thing you know those disgruntled employees are finding a new job doing the same thing in a more positive environment with greater incentives. When they get that new job they try a little harder early on. They put forth a great effort. They feel a little bit better about themselves and they make those around them better employees as well.

And that's what you seen tonight from Braylon Edwards. You seen a man make the very most of a fresh start with a rising company. Braylon Edwards will benefit from the Jets and vice versa. The Jets gave up NOTHING for Edwards and now they're coupling him with their future star QB. Scary to think about.

Those of you who bashed Braylon and the Jets because of this move are the same people who would have embraced Braylon as "the true #1 we've needed here in Miami."

Let's see how he does the rest of the season before claiming he's back to his form. He was a risk that the Dolphins didn't want to take because they build the team through the draft. After last year and performances like tonight I don't understand how anybody can question what the front office has done so far.

Let's see how he does the rest of the season before claiming he's back to his form. He was a risk that the Dolphins didn't want to take because they build the team through the draft. After last year and performances like tonight I don't understand how anybody can question what the front office has done so far.

I question ppl who say Braylon Edwards wasnt/isnt worth giving up a 3rd round pick for. You have got to be kidding me.

It's only one game, but so far it looks like playing in Cleveland was keeping him down.

That's the thing - it's a gamble - you don't know if you're gonna get a new and improved version of the player or get the same one. SD got the same Chambers we had. NYG got the same Derek Hagan. Maybe NYJ lucks out and get a better Braylon. They took the risk because they think they're good enough to take risks like that. When our FO feels the rest of the team is good enough, they too may take risks like that. But not yet.

It's only one game, but so far it looks like playing in Cleveland was keeping him down.

That's the thing - it's a gamble - you don't know if you're gonna get a new and improved version of the player or get the same one. SD got the same Chambers we had. NYG got the same Derek Hagan. Maybe NYJ lucks out and get a better Braylon. They took the risk because they think they're good enough to take risks like that. When our FO feels the rest of the team is good enough, they too may take risks like that. But not yet.

how is a 3rd and 5th a risk?

I'm not going to go through the list of great players who have been picked in the 3rd round as well as rounds after, but let's just say draft picks no matter the round are more important than you are making it sound.

I'm not going to go through the list of great players who have been picked in the 3rd round as well as rounds after, but let's just say draft picks no matter the round are more important than you are making it sound.

thats a bit of a copout, no offense. we all know great players can be found in any round, and the draft is an educated crap shoot. but to me, its a no brainer. do you think you can find a wr in the 3rd or later next year that can have the impact he can? Patrick Turner cant even get on the field. Braylon Edwards is a physical mismatch with speed. Guys like that dont come around every day. Imagine if we give up a 3rd and 5th for him, then go after a guy like Dez Bryant in the 1st next yr, or Vincent Jackson in FA. Now you have legit weapons at wr that would make Ronnie and Ricky even more devestating. We better go after a wr in the 1st next year, or try and trade up for Berry at safety. Bell and Gibril couldnt cover me.

how is a 3rd and 5th a risk?

When you're building, I'd say missing out on a potential Langford is a risk. And a 5th rounder should get you decent depth if used properly.

I agree with you - it's looking like a good trade for them right now after one game. Even if he busts, the loss of those picks might not hurt them much. But that's because they're a bit more complete of a football team than us - at least their FO thinks so.

And maybe our FO will be thinking the same thing about our team this offseason...or maybe as soon as this week. Just wait.

He played great, much better than we could have expected. it's nice to have a big WR again, we have lacked this since Keyshawn 10 years ago. The question is can he keep it up? if so we are in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom