Break down of drives in Vikings game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Break down of drives in Vikings game

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
After reading all of these posts dogging Henne by people who have no clue, and just look at numbers instead of the game; I made a log of each drive and will make some remarks after.

1st Drive: Perfect Pass to Marshall, WC, Run, WC, WC, the off passs to Marshall, Perfect pass to HL for a TD!

2nd Drive: Nice pass to HL, run, run (end of 1st Qtr) run, Henne sacked, run, run, punt

3rd Drive: Long run by Ronnie from our 1 yard line, run, Pass (hot to Polite) incomplete, Henne scramble tripped by Allen, Punt

4th Drive: Run, Half Time

5th Drive: Short pass to Brown, run, Perfect pass to Marshall in coverage 1st down, Long pass to HL good pass just off his finger tips (didn't count off setting penalties), run, run, run, run, run, Pass perfect out to Marshall, WC (for a loss of 2), Pass incomplete (corner blitz ball thrown away), Punt

We get a sack for the TD!

6th Drive: From our 1, Ricky fumbles

7th Drive : Pass tripple pump ok pass, good snag by Marshall on slant, run (holding penalty now 1st and 20), Screento Fasano, ball knocked down, Scramble for 1 yard gain, Perfect pass to Bess, Punt

8th Drive: Run (loss of 3), Good short pass to HL on out pattern, scramble almost got it to Marshall, Henne had guy around his ankle when he threw it, punt

9th Drive: Ronnie fumble

10th Drive: From our 1 after goal line stand- Henne scrambles for 2 (holding on Vikes), run, run, pass batted down, punt.

11th drive: Neal down for win!

Now for these dudes talking out of their butts about Henne being inaccurate on short passes. He had the pass in the endzone to Marshall and the one hot and high to Polite. That is it, 2 inaccurate passes and the one in the endzone was a miscommunication, not inaccurate.

Next, how the hell is Henne supose to succeed with this? We were passing on 1st down a large percentage of the time, the Vikes caughton to this. Henne was never given a 2nd or 3rd and short to play action and look long. Anytime Henne would get a chance to get in a groove the WC was brought in, or 5 straight runs.

I don't know what you expect of the kid, but it is hard for anyone to suceed with this type of script. However, there are some that still continue to talk out there but with absolutely nothing to support it. They make generalized statements like he is inaccurate with short passes, or lucky Marshall made these amazing catches, which is a bunch of BS! It is just people with agendas, who can't enjoy the fact that we are 2-0. They would rather try to make up crap because they like another player more than the team as a whole!

Right..horrible playcalling is the reason our ofense sucks.. I Dont blame henne for half as much as I blame henning. He's a horrible OC that is wasted our offense

Right..horrible playcalling is the reason our ofense sucks.. I Dont blame henne for half as much as I blame henning. He's a horrible OC that is wasted our offense

I would agree if we lost, but we didn't. I will take the W everytime. It's these dudes bashing Henne that are pissing me off. I don't know if they aren't watching the same game, or if they already have their minds made up that if Henne doesn't complete every pass, or misses a couple, and doesn't throw for 300 yards, he is a POS! He out played Favre!

Too to be honest that ball by Polite still needs to be caught. It really wasn't that high. He is a fullback so it makes it a bit more understandable.

Too to be honest that ball by Polite still needs to be caught. It really wasn't that high. He is a fullback so it makes it a bit more understandable.

I agree, but it was hot and high, but as you say catchable. These dudes saying inaccurate and Marshall making spectacular catches crack me up. Henne was putting the ball on Marshall in some tight spaces!

Man, he really is thrown in to some crazy situations. I pretty much lose my mind when he gets into a groove, then we go WC, fail at it, and ask Henne to convert 3rd and long.

Its all on the coaches... They get conservative when we have a lead. Last year when we played from behind titans, texans, steelers the coaches let him throw alot and henne responded well. Lets see what happens if we fall behind against the jets.

Man, he really is thrown in to some crazy situations. I pretty much lose my mind when he gets into a groove, then we go WC, fail at it, and ask Henne to convert 3rd and long.

I could not have said it better my self brotha! However, I will take Henne having pedestrian numbers if we get the W!!!!! Just don't bash the dude and make up stuff, and even suggest other players are getting tired of him. That is just rediculous! Sounds like some Pennyites talking out their butts, or some dude still pissed Pat White is gone!

Back
Top Bottom