BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs!

Let the games begin! (in my best Bane voice :d-day:)

For some reason, I thought there was some kind of waiting period.

There was, for Tannehill as Camp had already started, so per the new CBA, he had to wait 3 days before practicing in pads. Jordan does not have to wait because he signed before Camp started so he's good to go from tomorrow morning with the rest of the team.

Saying that now, it does all depend on his injury status.

That is awesome!!! Dion was right he said he would be there for the start of training camp. Now it's time to get to work

They did the same thing they did with Tannehill. Signing bonus delivered more quickly to compromise with offset language. You'd have to think that with Miami being 2-for-2 on top-10 rookie contracts having offset language, more teams will start trying to do the same thing.

Nice, see everyone there was really nothing to worry about. I never thought it would be a major issue and I even thought he would miss a day, maybe two of camp. Today was only a report day, not the official first day of training camp, so there is no "holdout" and there is no 3 day waiting period of no pads.

Since early May when PFT made the first story about the Dolphins wanting offset language there were plenty of threads and posts talking about this issue. A lot of Ireland and Aponte bashing of a speculated scenario that Jordan would be a lengthy holdout over offset language. I remember one poster said that this would be a big issue because Jordan was a defensive end and not a quarterback. Huh?

At the end of the day the Dolphins got the offset language they wanted, like they always do. There is no holdout, Ireland and Aponte aren't sending Jordan back into the draft next year and the speculated major issue never happened. Next year the Dolphins will insist on offset language with their 2014 1st rounder, people will be up in arms against the team again and then the Dolphins will win the battle once again and there won't be any long term holdouts.

Go Dolphins!

Couldn't have said it better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ireland & Co gettin it done this offseason. Good stuff. Welcome to the team Dion! This is gonna be a fun season...lookin forward to it.

Kudos to the dude. Hopefully he is practicing soon and not spending all of TC in a sling

There was, for Tannehill as Camp had already started, so per the new CBA, he had to wait 3 days before practicing in pads. Jordan does not have to wait because he signed before Camp started so he's good to go from tomorrow morning with the rest of the team.

Saying that now, it does all depend on his injury status.

Now I understand, thanks for the explanation. I knew there was some concern with a waiting period and the new CBA but didn't know any details. I'm glad it its a non-issue.

They did the same thing they did with Tannehill. Signing bonus delivered more quickly to compromise with offset language. You'd have to think that with Miami being 2-for-2 on top-10 rookie contracts having offset language, more teams will start trying to do the same thing.
I agree. Dawn Aponte has taken the right stance and others will surely follow. It's a pretty good sign that our front office has improved a lot when we are the "best practice" to be replicated. The other good thing with this is that it also happens to be the right thing to do, ie inserting the offset language to eliminate the prospect of double dipping if the player deserves to be cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God, now we can move Odrick inside and hopefully Jordan has put on some weight so we can rotate him on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom