Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical

I don't think Reggie Nelson ever would have even entered the discussion. This was always going to be for a low round pick, most likely conditional.

Let's hope the Jags medical staff is able to diagnose as well our med staff.

Passing a physical is no guarantee. I think it is a legitimate concern that this trade may not finalize. I think it is probably 60/40 in favor of the trading going through. As far as compensation it is probably nothing more than a 7th round pick in 2011. At this point though, I am glad just to get anything back.

Sort of a bitter sweet moment as I liked Justin Smiley but realize his injury concerns outweigh his talent. If he actually stays healthy for once, the Jags will get a steal.

I still believe the shoulder stuff was overblown. There was a rumor I believe that was out there that said his shoulder was shot and he can't play. I don't tend to think the Dolphins would go through with all of this if they concluded the same thing. They'd just waive him and say sorry we love ya but your career is over.

Terms of the trade are not known. Fact is, what is usually a routine measure -- the taking and passing of the physical -- is not that this time around because Smiley's shoulder issues do not guarantee he will pass the physical.

As reported here last week, Smiley had requested the Dolphins finalize his status before the start of Friday's minicamp, which is mandatory. Although compensation in the trade is not known, the Dolphins have certainly tried to fulfill the player's request.

When and if the trade becomes official, the Dolphins will likely not divulge the parameters. The deal might be for a conditional pick, depending on how much Smiley contributes.

Smiley was signed by the Dolphins in 2008 to a five-year, $25 million deal. Regardless of whether this deal passes muster or not, Smiley has played his final game for Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...stin-smiley-traded-to-jags.html#ixzz0osR2WRLd

Passing a physical is no guarantee. I think it is a legitimate concern that this trade may not finalize. I think it is probably 60/40 in favor of the trading going through. As far as compensation it is probably nothing more than a 7th round pick in 2011. At this point though, I am glad just to get anything back.

Sort of a bitter sweet moment as I liked Justin Smiley but realize his injury concerns outweigh his talent. If he actually stays healthy for once, the Jags will get a steal.

I don't know about that. I'm no expert but If I recall I read that Colts had offered a 5th for Smiley around draft time and the Dolphins turned it down hoping to get a 4th. I think it's prob going to be for a 5th or maybe a 6th now but could be a 4th or 5th depending on playing time. Just a thought.

Clearing some cap for Atogwe? I like this move a lot, saves some money and it doesnt hurt us much getting rid of the old injury proned (though good) guard, while we have Icognito, Gardner, Thomas, and Jon Jerry. I dont see a reason to not go after OJ and if we do, watch out, we are a top team and extremely young.

Back
Top Bottom