Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Justin Smiley traded to Jags, pending physical

This is IMO clearing some salary room for Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby. Smiley has known for a while now that he's played his last game as a Dolphin. They told him months ago to stay away from all the voluntary camps and activities, even the lifting and whatnot at the facility. The likelihood of this having anything to do with Atogwe is small, I think it's much greater that this was a move they already penciled in before they signed Karlos Dansby and Brandon Marshall, and the only reason they weren't forced to do it sooner is there is no hard salary cap this year. But in order to fit Marshall and Dansby within their own internally set guidelines for salary, I believe this had to get done.

For what is the question... anything is nice really..

But don't even mention Reggie Nelson like FinAtic did, the forum may explode

Wow, nice move by the front office. I figured anybody who wanted him would just wait til he was cut. Guess the Jags wanted him enough to give away "something" to ensure he was theirs. Either way, good for us!!!

Jason Ferguson was not talking out of his *** when he said, this organization cleans house when they do not get the results they want. Fins cut or traded, Porter, Ayodele, Wilson, Nate Jones, Taylor, Ginn and Smiley. The new additions are Dansby, Marshall, Incognito & possibly Procter.

Fins are not done getting rid of players either, I predict Turner, Torbor, Moses, Walden and Dotson could all be gone. I also do not see the Dolphins keeping four QBs. Talk about a roster overhaul.

I agree. Jake Grove could be next. You're production most match you're pay. I don't think we make a play for Atogwe. I think the roster is set and that people like Reggie Torbor, Jake Grove, and other players with big contracts and limited roles better be on watch.

Hey nice to get something for a guy that was going to be cut.

too bad reggie nelson stinks...glad we didn't get him to be honest...

Its a real pity that Smiley could not stay healthy. He was great when he was on the field and always came across like a nice bloke with a great attitude. I for one hope he does well in Jacksonville.

I agree. He was a free agent and Miami just decided not to match the contract Denver offered, which wasn't half bad.

i would have kept him...he handled himself pretty well last year 1 on 1 without much help...

i was bummed when we let him go and i don't think the money was anything that we couldn't have matched

i would have kept him...he handled himself pretty well last year 1 on 1 without much help...

i was bummed when we let him go and i don't think the money was anything that we couldn't have matched

True, but with Will Allen being healthy, Jones would've gone back to dime back, and while here he's proven to be fairly useful in coverage (despite coming here with a lot of people saying if he say significant time, we'd be in trouble). With Denver he gets a bigger role than he'd have here.

Back
Top Bottom