brees isnt worth 10 million a year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brees isnt worth 10 million a year

Wallace758

Just one superbowl win just one
Reaction score
i like this guy alot..But he isnt worth "Manning" type money. If his shoulder wasnt injured, i would say he was worth it. But i think Drew Brees is insane to think that his injured shoulder is worth 10 million dollars. I think the dolphins still get him but hopefully less than 10 million... I also don't appreciate Brees caring about only how much he makes. Hopefully we'll have a new qb in the next few days, but brees is not worth 10 million..he's not manning

Just remember - we don't know anything about what has been offered or asked for. The media reporting this "demand" for $10 million is the same "reputable" media which earlier reported that a signing was imminent, then that talks were stalemated, then that NO contract talks had taken place today due to the medical exams.

IMO, if all Brees cared about was the money, he wouldn't have spent the better part of 2 days here, since he's got to be pretty sure the Dolphins can't offer as much guaranteed money as the Saints.

This will be a big deal signing - everyone wants to get it right and that takes time.

Well i agree i dont think Brees if worth 10 mil either. and i dont think he wants that from the dolphins. he knows miami is a great place for football and great fans and always are in contintion. he know we want the ring and so does he. if he picks the saints over the dolphins over a little extra money he's insane and he will never get to that promise land. and if it happens to be he wants manning money let him go we can go get arrington and adams for a 3-4. hopefully brees will come and we can get him at are price. b/c i think he has enough heart to overcome that injury and become something great as a DOLPHIN. if the price is right!!!!:wink:

I agree, he isn't worth 10 mil but we will see what he ends up getting once its all out, hearing the media these days just isnt taking us far at all. So we will see.....i would say he is not worth that at all, not with the shoulder, just not dependable enough at this point and he isnt a top QB in the NFL, not right now, he is really good and had 2 great seasons, but we will see what happens, paying him 10 mil wont happen from us, if he gets that, he gets it from NO and that to me is a bit of a shock for a QB with an injury to his arm and knowing they have such a great draft pick for a young QB that can build that team for the future, since they just don't have it right now.

When you have a chance to get a Pro Bowl quarterback, who is 27 years old you have to cough up the money.

This franchise has been plagued by horrid Q.B. play since Dan retired. This is our chance to get a potential fanchise Q.B. without surrendering the farm in draft picks.

All the numbers being thrown around are funny money anyway. NFL contracts are never what they seem.

The guy has developed exactly how a Q.B. should. He's a damn good player. You don't get damn good players, that are free agents without paying a premium. Look at the money being thrown at guards and centers...paying Brees top buck is well worth it in my opinion.

Wallace758 said:
i like this guy alot..But he isnt worth "Manning" type money. If his shoulder wasnt injured, i would say he was worth it. But i think Drew Brees is insane to think that his injured shoulder is worth 10 million dollars. I think the dolphins still get him but hopefully less than 10 million... I also don't appreciate Brees caring about only how much he makes. Hopefully we'll have a new qb in the next few days, but brees is not worth 10 million..he's not manning
I dont know...............if bentley is worth 6 mil a yr as a C and GWarren the same as a DT................damn well bet a franchise QB is worth 4 mil more a yr....................

unifiedtheory said:
When you have a chance to get a Pro Bowl quarterback, who is 27 years old you have to cough up the money.

This franchise has been plagued by horrid Q.B. play since Dan retired. This is our chance to get a potential fanchise Q.B. without surrendering the farm in draft picks.

All the numbers being thrown around are funny money anyway. NFL contracts are never what they seem.

The guy has developed exactly how a Q.B. should. He's a damn good player. You don't get damn good players, that are free agents without paying a premium. Look at the money being thrown at guards and centers...paying Brees top buck is well worth it in my opinion.

Good post,I agree110%.

How about a damaged pro bowl quarterback.

Most everyone in this site is prepared to hand this guy 10 million a year not even knowing if the guy can play at full potential this year. This guy may have to red shirt this year. 10 million for a guy who may be damaged goods is not a great pickup. Saban will not allow this guy to set his price. My feeling is that Brees really wants to play for the dolphins however they are no where near what the saints have offered and that's why we have a delay. He really doesn't want to play for the saints or else he would of signed a deal already. Saban knows this and he will wait him out. Saban will set the price here not Brees.

Back
Top Bottom