Brian Hartline’s teammates think he’s underrated because he’s white | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline’s teammates think he’s underrated because he’s white

Productive White WR's stick out like sore thumbs. I'm just stating the obvious, so by nature (fair or unfair) it is normal to underrate a white WR.

And am I crazy or isn't it true that Hartline is "deceptively fast"? He isn't a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but he proves he can get seperation from DB's consistently enough. I don't know if DB's underrate him or he is just extremely crafty but he's a solid WR.

And the Fins need more speed at WR . . . no question. Hartline as your fastest WR is not getting it done . . . we are a 2-3 football team and people act as if we are this potential Super Bowl team or something. We need more talent at skill positions . . . period. White, Black, Polka Dot . . . we need guys that can play.

He's got better speed than we give credit for. Only person faster than him in high school track and field was Ginn.

Look, the bottom line is, The 53 players on the Dolphins team dont give a **** what the critics or media thinks. They dont give a **** what any players skin color is. All they care about winning, and everyone on that team are brothers, and they will have each others backs no matter what. Dumb Ass reporters are the douch es trying to make a story that just isnt there, trying to bring up racial warfare in society. I say **** them all. Just play ball people!

He's got better speed than we give credit for. Only person faster than him in high school track and field was Ginn.

4.5 is nothing to sneeze at . . . and goes a long way in an argument that track speed means alot less when it comes to the speed you play football at.

He is a solid WR. Good Size, Good speed, Good hands, Solid Route Runner. I didn't think he would make such an impact this season, and a guy who I thought fit better as a #4, but one I had confidence could turn into a #2, is already becoming that guy you would LOVE to have opposite your #1 WR. That's a good thing.

One day sterotypes will be a thing of the past. One Day..

I think part of it is he is a unproven quantity. If he sustains his productivity for this entire season and beyond, he will get the recognition he deserves. Also he isn't as flashy as the big name receivers

Awesome signature by the way

I think part of it is he is a unproven quantity. If he sustains his productivity for this entire season and beyond, he will get the recognition he deserves. Also he isn't as flashy as the big name receivers

Awesome signature by the way

Well see that's the other thing . . . I can already sense people want to perceive him as a #1 WR, when he hasn't been close to being a #1 WR in his first 3 seasons, and truthfully had one monster game this year, and is averaging 65 yards a game receiving the rest of the games. Now part of those first 3 years is obviously the lack of consistent QB play, but when comparing Hartline to a guy like Brandon Marshall . . . production reigns supreme . . . and there aren't many WR's more productive than Brandon Marshall over the past 6 years. Hartline has to do it over a period of time to be put in that type of category.

Productive White WR's stick out like sore thumbs. I'm just stating the obvious, so by nature (fair or unfair) it is normal to underrate a white WR.

And am I crazy or isn't it true that Hartline is "deceptively fast"? He isn't a 4.3 or 4.4 guy, but he proves he can get seperation from DB's consistently enough. I don't know if DB's underrate him or he is just extremely crafty but he's a solid WR.

And the Fins need more speed at WR . . . no question. Hartline as your fastest WR is not getting it done . . . we are a 2-3 football team and people act as if we are this potential Super Bowl team or something. We need more talent at skill positions . . . period. White, Black, Polka Dot . . . we need guys that can play.

You mean they need guys like Ted Ginn and Randall Hill? Yep, I see your point.

One day sterotypes will be a thing of the past. One Day..

On a visceral level- stereotyping is merely a fear-based human response to the potential of cultural domination by another male group, and/or ethnic group.
It stems from males and is one way to influence his own remote culture of his own genetic element as more desirable versus other males. In ways, it is just simple propaganda.

For instance, a male may openly stereotype another male's ethnicity - (in example: white to black stereotypes, white to asian stereotypes, etc. etc. ) and exhibit rejection of the opposing male, yet will view their female counterparts as a commodity / inclined to procreate with certain females of different ethnicity due to "exotic" elements.

Stereotypes will never go away as it's part of the human programming for reproducing and ensuring his gene pool continues.

Not all people will be able to know if they have been passed-down (via social influence) a fear-based stereotype or prejudice, understand it's reason for being, and may never know why stereotypes are formed or how inaccurate they may be. It's a spectrum of intellect, thus some will be above it / aware, some won't be able to.

I don't care what color he is, I don't care who under rates him or why, I just want him to keep being productive

Without starting a huge debate, I don't think it ever will.

I swear it seems as our society deteriorates slowly decade by decade.

Racism will always be around because its embedded in every race on earth. Blacks,whites, hispanic, oriental etc.... they are all racists in one way or another. No race is exclusive.
Chubbs
honestly racism is an american idea. The rest of the world cares alot more about what religion you are than the skin color. However racism is an idea that should be thrown on the scrap heap of the 20th century.

Being white, what I hope happens is Gaffney steps up and makes our receiving core a little better. I'm really interested in what he brings to the table this week.

There is no doubt....Just like for the longest time the common thought was a black can't be successful at quarterback(some still think this), in reverse the thinking is white guys can't run fast enough to be an elite X or Y receiver.....they are generalizations, the problem is there are always exceptions to the rule.

Back
Top Bottom