Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bridgewater or Tannehill (not realistic)

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
would you take bridgewater if he somehow fell to us? the kid is legit. but im an alum and use to play football for Louisville. the kid is impressive as hell

He's a good player. At this point, I'd stay with Tannehill....However, I'd not be upset if
I were a fan of the team that drafted Bridgewater. Even the one pick he threw today, he seemed
to know right away he ****ed up. His backup looks pretty sharp too.

Marlon Moore or Megatron?

Devlin or Marino?

Matt Moore or Rodgers?

I would wait until the end of the season. If we have a late draft pick, Tannehill obviously came through for us. If we have a top 5 pick, either he got injured, or he was not too great. Also, you can't assume a QB who torches a crappy team is the real deal. My college (FIU), is **** at football. They beat Louisville at Louisville two seasons ago, and last season when they were undefeated, they came down to our stadium, on a horrible day of flooding. I think there were less than 500 people at the game. We should have beat them, easily, but they ended up winning out of pure luck and us being that bad at football. So you can't judge these guys until they consistently beat the tough competition.

Man this really is comparing apple and oranges. What you've got to figure out in this instance is who has the higher upside. Teddy is more polished right now that Tannehill (Teddy called his own plays for a series against Ohio). Tannehill spent time at WR in college that slowed his growth at the QB position. How far can he go in his development? Teddy already does most of the things an NFL caliber QB does but how much more can he develop at the NFL level?

It's tough to say, but I have a bias toward Bridgewater. But that's just me.

If we are in a position to draft Teddy Bridgewater it would mean that our season was a complete failure as he's probably the 2nd overall pick at worst.

I'm good with Tannehill, but hypothetically speaking if we suck that bad and Tannehill regresses the idea of bringing Teddy home (he is from Miami) would probably do quite a bit for the fanbase and is an interesting prospect.

This is a great thread I think and needs to be considered for a couple of reasons. If the Fins, as upsetting as it would be, tank this season than Ireland is as good as gone. Which leaves Philbin's status up in the air. You have the trickle down effect from there with Mike Sherman who was Tannehill's college coach and one of the reasons supposedly we picked him due to his knowledge of Sherman's offense. Needless to say things could get interesting should a new coach and GM come in.
In terms of Teddy Bridgewater, I've been watching this guy for two years hoping somehow he ended up becoming a Dolphin. He's got all the intangibles that you look for in a QB. I believe he has the same "it" factor that young qb's like Kaepernick, RG III, Wilson, Luck, and even Matt Ryan have. Those qb's you know have it and that is still yet to be seen from guys like Tannehill, Gabbert, Weeden amongst others. So I think it boils down to risk or reward. Do you risk that Tannehill can be that guy should he struggle this year and possibly learn a brand new system? Do you go with a guy who you know is more polished than him right away?

Bridgewater looks really good. Hopefully he won't end up with the Jets, where he would be an upgrade over Geno Smith. I honestly think the Jaguars could go 0-16. If you watched them in the opener against the Chiefs, they looked as bad as any team I have seen in the past ten years. I think Bridgewater wouild likely be taken by them as the #1 overall pick.

I just checked WalterFootball.com and they also have the Jags taking Bridgewater. They have us with the 21st pick and taking CB Jason Verrett of TCU.

Teddy will be either a Raider or a Jag, you can mark that down. The Raiders had 3 scouts at our game with EKU last Saturday.

I think he is a jag no question. like I said when I started the thread I played a uofl and im bias. that said im a tannehill supporter. teddy just has that it factor

I don't want the jets to draft him. The guy doesn't even scramble and throws the all funny. He rushed for 4 whole yards last year. Any QB in the NFL can scramble for at least 10 yards in 1 single play. The best QB coming out is Aaron Murray. Murray reminds me a little like like Payton Manning. Manziel is my number 2 and Derek Carr is my #3 QB. Bridgewater is #4 in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom