Bring Back Wanny! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Back Wanny!

jpcdolphan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK...the thread title is a joke but it pertains to a serious question (or should I say "challenge") that I have.

Since there are a fair number of posters that believe that "Saban must go", I must ask: Who would you get to replace him?

If you're going to can somebody just 20 games into his tenure, and that went 9-7 after a 4-12 season that preceded him (not to mention having to eat his mega million dollar contract), there must be some super hot coaching prospect that I'm not seeing. So, who is it?

Does anybody honestly have somebody they think can do better, and that is a realistic hire? In other words, no "we'll just pay Bill Walsh 20 million a year to come back" or "We'll just give the Pats a 3rd round pick for Belichick" answers, please.

So, for those that think Saban is the problem I humbly ask you for your solutions.

Have Don Shula pull a Joe Gibbs. He obviously can still get victories.....see the Nike commercials.

i wonder if anybody can find a list of players who are in their last year of contracts with their team. Saban NEEDS to look at those guys and evaluate them, and sign a few big name guys...preferrably OT, OC, SS, and OLB.

I think if we just took Drew Brees, Kevin Mawae, and LaVar Arrington...this team would be solid.

jpcdolphan said:
True, but that wasn't the question.

He answered your question with the obvious, Saban is going no where, so no need to be talking about who will replace him.

tay0365 said:
He answered your question with the obvious, Saban is going no where, so no need to be talking about who will replace him.

The question wasn't "Is Saban going anywhere?". I already know he isn't, nor do I want him to. I think he is an excellent coach and he will set up this team for long term success.

The question was directed at those who want Saban canned. My question was: Who is this supposed "miracle" coach that you think is the answer to all of our problems?

It's called a "hypothetical question". :D

That's why it was directed specifically to the anti Saban crowd. It really wasn't a question for the Saban backers.

arrington has been awful with the Giants. he's a has been...he's all done.

Saban is not the problem....any coach would be facing the same dilemma after the NFL stripped the team of it's best running back for the entire season. Give him a chance with Ricky back in 2007 and I think we see a far different story.

jpcdolphan said:
The question wasn't "Is Saban going anywhere?". I already know he isn't, nor do I want him to. I think he is an excellent coach and he will set up this team for long term success.

The question was directed at those who want Saban canned. My question was: Who is this supposed "miracle" coach that you think is the answer to all of our problems?

It's called a "hypothetical question". :D

That's why it was directed specifically to the anti Saban crowd. It really wasn't a question for the Saban backers.

I understand that, but do you really want to hear from these people....Again I know that is your intention, but stop and think..... do you really want to hear from these people. :wink:

Just rememer that Wanny took over aa playoff team while Saban took over a 4-12 team befor eyou start criticizing....I'm not exactly sticking up for Saban right now, but only time will tell who is better.....too early to tell right now.

Back
Top Bottom