Bring back Zach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back Zach?

Rich

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Since we've got a free roster spot (with Davone Drew cut)...
might as well fill this with some scrub...

Is any backup we sign going to be better than a Zach Thomas, who had more tackles last year in Dallas than Ayodele and Torbor combined?

If Zach is healthy, which he may not be, we don't have a lot of depth at ILB. And with Ferguson being old at a critical position(he has to take on 2 guys), it would seem we could use some good Middle Linebackers.

If you had a 24-year-old pro-bowl Nose Tackle, then maybe you don't need a Zach Thomas. Our D-line seems a bit average though, and probably could use a tackling machine like Zach.

Yeah if he would sign for backup money. We could use him and I would love to see him in a miami uni again!

Well idk. As opposed to JT who still can be a good pass rusher and can cover a little. Idk how good Zach would be in our system paired with the fact that he has def. lost a step.

Id prefer Ayodle to him as our RILB. If he would sign a cheap deal it would be fine but there is no reason he should be a starter for our team.

Why are we saying would it be cool... We should be hearing tony or bill saying they want him back. Even if he is not healthly he does not need to be a every down player.

Be a back up for CC untill ZT knows the playbook and is healthly enough to play certain downs. Be good to use him in the final weeks or possibly playsoffs to give CC a break. I think he would come back for the same price JT did maybe a little more.

Since we've got a free roster spot (with Davone Drew cut)...
might as well fill this with some scrub...

Is any backup we sign going to be better than a Zach Thomas, who had more tackles last year in Dallas than Ayodele and Torbor combined?

If Zach is healthy, which he may not be, we don't have a lot of depth at ILB. And with Ferguson being old at a critical position(he has to take on 2 guys), it would seem we could use some good Middle Linebackers.

If you had a 24-year-old pro-bowl Nose Tackle, then maybe you don't need a Zach Thomas. Our D-line seems a bit average though, and probably could use a tackling machine like Zach.

We already filled that roster spot by signing O-Lineman N. Gardner from the practice squad

Spot was already filled with Garner.

Zach is undersized for this regime, even as a backup. Plus I think it's time for him to hang it up - he's another concussion away from mush for brains and I don't want to see that happen.

Yes, but only for a one day contract for the sake of retiring as a Dolphin...when he's ready to retire. He's old and broken. No, thanks.

Zach on his worst day is better then Torbor on his best day. I hope the Phins will give Zach a look.

Back
Top Bottom