Bring Branden Albert back to play LG | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Branden Albert back to play LG

If the Jags release him, I'd imagine he wouldn't have to pay the bonus portion back. That might be what it comes down to.

We're how many days into TC?

No offense, but I've never understood the obsession with former Phins players. There's always a call to bring them back, regardless of ability, health, etc. The line needs a youth movement, not a broken old vet who has managed to play ONE complete season his entire career.

BA is a season removed as a starting LT, it's not like this guy was retired or not playing last year. Sure, the line needs a youth movement but is that the direction we go with the current players on our roster? Do you want Steen or Urbik at LG????

This guy quit on his team and you all want him back in Miami? Come on now! He wanted a contract extension before training camp started, held out of OTAs, and retired 5 days in to camp; he's a quitter.

When did BA ever quit on THIS team? We traded him for what was essentially a swap for Julius Thomas, I don't fault the guy for not wanting to play for an organization like the Jags at this twilight phase of his career. BA loved Miami.

Gonna have to substitute Jamar Fletcher for Will Allen. Will still has 5 1/2 yrs left to serve.....
really relevant post, maybe you could actually pick from players who did play last year and were starters at that.

I'm laughing at this whole thread! :roflmao

It's insane! This guy is shot, we don't need or want him, trust me! He has no heart for football and has let himself go but he found out he'll owe money if he retires. You'd think he could at least ask his agent about all this before going to the Jags/not reporting/retiring etc. Guy has no brain at all. But I love the retirement home comment. Hell, maybe we can get Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas back here too! :D

Our next roster:

QB's: Jay Cutler, Tony Romo, Joey Harrington
RB's: Ronnie Brown, Patrick Cobbs, Travis Minor, Lousaka Polite
WR's: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Davone Bess, Patrick Turner, Brian Hartline, Tedd (and the family) Ginn
TE's: Randy McMichael, Jason Rader, John Nalbone
OL's: Vernon Carey, L J Shelton, Nate Garner, Samson Satele, Anthony Alabi, Jemo James, Rex Hadnot, Joe Berger
DL's: Kevin Carter, David Bowens, Vonnie Holliday, Jason Ferguson, Kendall Langford, Jared Odrick, Tony McDaniel, Matt Roth (thanks again, Nick!)
LB's: Channing Crowder, Derrick Pope, Joey Porter, Donnie Spragan, Quinten Moses, Bobby Carpenter
DB's: Jamar Fletcher, Jason Allen, Yeremiah Bell, Michael Lehan, Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, Tyrone Culver
K/P's: Branden Fields, Olindo Mare (our all-time leading scorer!)

:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao

Failure to understand proper context. BA played last season as a starting LT. Joke all you want about your "All-Retirement" team but the comparisons are a joke. BA retired because he didn't want to play for the Jags, you know if Miami didn't trade him because we had Tunsil and needed more cap space that he would be a starter on the OL.

Or we can roll with Steen, Ubrik, or Asiata at LG (who's struggling)

Hilarious that people think this post is ridiculous when we literally just brought a QB out of retirement from last - who by the way played LESS than BA last year and is also older.

What if his hearts in Miami and he wants to play lg for us to be a team player? He didn"t want to leave. He would atleast be better than what we have now. I don't see how anyone could dispute

Failure to understand proper context. BA played last season as a starting LT. Joke all you want about your "All-Retirement" team but the comparisons are a joke. BA retired because he didn't want to play for the Jags, you know if Miami didn't trade him because we had Tunsil and needed more cap space that he would be a starter on the OL.

That's subjective. He may have started but Albert is no longer starting material. And that goes back into last year.

What if his hearts in Miami and he wants to play lg for us to be a team player? He didn"t want to leave. He would atleast be better than what we have now. I don't see how anyone could dispute

Albert is way too old and slow to play guard for a zone blocking team.

Last edited:
When did BA ever quit on THIS team? We traded him for what was essentially a swap for Julius Thomas, I don't fault the guy for not wanting to play for an organization like the Jags at this twilight phase of his career. BA loved Miami.

So, you are okay with a player who quit on the Jags? I wouldn't want a player on the team who quit on any team. Let's say it is the Jags and he hates the team, would he not harbor any resentment for Miami trading him there for nothing? Miami has moved on and this guy is done playing football.

BA is a season removed as a starting LT, it's not like this guy was retired or not playing last year. Sure, the line needs a youth movement but is that the direction we go with the current players on our roster? Do you want Steen or Urbik at LG????
Oh, a "starter." kool. If that's the benchmark, then Steen has been a starter, so we're good. At least Steen or Urbik would give continuity and are far more likely to stay healthy. Further, there's certainly no guarantee that an old, broken down LT can make the switch to OG.

I'll stick with Steen and Urbik until Asiata is ready, which will likely be by Week 1.

Or we can roll with Steen, Ubrik, or Asiata at LG (who's struggling)

Hilarious that people think this post is ridiculous when we literally just brought a QB out of retirement from last - who by the way played LESS than BA last year and is also older.
Uh....I'm laughing at Braden's inability to understand his own financial situation. You'd think he could at least do that with his agent, parents, friends or something ok?

Try not to get your panties in a wad over what I say OK, snowflake?

Back
Top Bottom