Bring on the checkdowns!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the checkdowns!!!!

Henning was the problem along with a putrid running game.

lol checkdowns on 3rd and 14 . . . either that or locking in on bush so he gets triple covered before the ball is let go . . yess chad henne.

lol checkdowns on 3rd and 14 . . . either that or locking in on bush so he gets triple covered before the ball is let go . . yess chad henne.

Dude, Chad Henne was awesome in 3rd and 7 or more last year.....Please! A lot of these 3rd downd were because of Henning running the Wildcat on 1st and second down and bringing Henne in to bail his butt out, which he did quite a bit.

If we have Bess and Bush underneath it could only be a good thing. Jets can have Revis and Asomough, they won't be able to cover Bess, Bush and Marshall...plus Gates going deep. That's how you attack a defense like theirs, not by going max protect and sending 1 or 2 receivers to run routes (thank you Henning). Now lets see if Daboll can make it happen and our QB, whoever that ends up being, can execute it.

Yeah, I like this. I hope though that it doesn't mean less touches for Bess.
If we have Bess and Bush underneath it could only be a good thing. Jets can have Revis and Asomough, they won't be able to cover Bess, Bush and Marshall...plus Gates going deep. That's how you attack a defense like theirs, not by going max protect and sending 1 or 2 receivers to run routes (thank you Henning). Now lets see if Daboll can make it happen and our QB, whoever that ends up being, can execute it.

lol yeah i remember henne on 3rd down - we had 1 play . . roll out right and throw an out route. . . to camarillo....oh nevermind.

Atleast if we acquire Orton the checkdowns will come in a timely fashion, and not land at the feet or fly 5 feet over the head of the intended receiver. Let's go Miami Bush is a good start if by some miracle you can keep him healthy, don't blow it now. Orton, Greg Olson or Todd Heap, and a RG and this will one of the better offseasons I can remember.

Daniel Thomas "The tank engine", Reggie Bush(if healthy), could be the perfect compliment to each other. The only thing that concerns me is that both have a history fumbling.

3rd down and 3-7 yards to go stats:
Orton- 54 attempts, 26 completions, resulting in 23 first downs, 2 TD, 4 INT, 7 sacks, passer rating of 45.8

Henne- 55 attempts, 39 completions, resulting in 35 first downs, 4 TD, 0 INT, 6 sacks, passer rating of 119.7

Overall 3rd down stats
Orton- 120 attempts, 60 completions, resulting in 39 first downs, 3 TD, 5 INT, 16 sacks, passer rating of 58.0

Henne- 142 attempts, 81 completions, resulting in 60 first downs, 7 TD, 7 INT, 12 sacks, passer rating of 73.0

Ya, this!

Back
Top Bottom