Bring on the WildChad! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on the WildChad!

Green Phin

Starter
Reaction score
With all the voices that are starting to call for Henne (even Marino said it), I was wondering if our coaching staff could create a package (a la Wildcat) just for him to play a few series a game. Given the similarity of situational play, and the fact that Henne's throws look wild compared to Pennington's tamed ones, we can call it the WildChad.

On one hand that would give Henne game experience, not just in mop up time, but limiting the risks. But more importantly, it could create mismatches. Think about this, Pennington calls the play in the huddle, then runs to the sidelines with Henne coming in to execute it. Henne could be facing 8 in the box with our receivers in 1 on 1 situations. Even if the defense tries to adjust, they'll be confused.

Additionally, I would play the WildChad every time we face 2nd/3rd and more than 10. What do you think?

i am not going against you,becouse i'm a big henne fan.but if henne gets his shot.i want to see a 3 wr -1 te-with a 1 rb set (ronnie).get that safety off the line,and lets see what the offensive line can do. we need to evaluate the center and guard positions for next year.i think the lose of thomas at rg hurt a lot more than people know.

I don't want this team to rely on gimmick plays. I mean third and 10-14 should be a QB's bread and butter, what they relish. The day we have to rely on gimmicking of our starting quarterback's defficiencies would be a sad one, in my opinion.

If he can't make a third and 14 and Henne can. Henne should be taking the snaps.

Back
Top Bottom