Bring Ricky Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Ricky Back

I agree...bring back Ricky...or Ronnie for that matter...one of them would provide solid insurance

All of the changes might create some problems. Having Ricky in the back field will give some stability.
Ricky coming off the bench late in games could be the closer.

Right now we have a gadget RB (Bush) and a Rookie (Daniel Thomas). I dont trust thomas he runs upright, makes slow cuts and isnt as powerful as his size would indicate. He is being hyped up more by us and wasnt considered a great prospect coming out. I am not saying he wont be good but he is definitley not a guarentee. We need to sign Ricky Williams to a one or two year deal so we have that guy who we know can carry the ball at least 200 times in the season. He averaged 4.2 yards a carry last year and still is a good back. I dont think there will be a high demand for aa 34 year old runningback and we should just resign him.

i agree, signing Ricky would not be a bad move in my opinion. Ricky is clearly not a workhorse anymore and he would provide that veteran presence and he is still a pretty good runner.

As for Thomas...hes only been a RB for a few years, i believe he used to be a QB but he does run a little too upright. Thankfully, that can be corrected. It is teachable. And you say Thomas was not a good prospect but ive seen many places that he was like the 4th to 6th best RB prospect coming out.

The thing i like about Thomas (and this is from only videos ive seen online, never saw much of his games) is hes quick thru the hole. He might not have the breakaway speed everyone wants but if the guy can move the chains than thats more than okay by me.

I'd take Ricky in a heartbeat. He still has it and can be a good insurance policy. Run Ricky Run

Bringing Ricky back would be excellent insurance. With Ricky on the team we have a vet that can be relied on for 10-15 carries a game plus he is a good target coming out of the backfield as a reciever. We can bring him in for a reasonable contract and he would be a fine mentor for Thomas. If we are able to close the Orton trade and add Zach Miller, maybe even Braylon Edwards we will have improved the offense in a big way. If we don't then not so much.

I don't think Ricky wants to be here. Unfortunately I haven't heard of anyone else wanting him, but we may not want him back either with the way he was talking in the offseason. The team had contacted Ronnie during the Bush negotiations, but I never heard of them trying to get Ricky back.

If we're not able to bring back Ricky or Ronnie... I think I would feel more embarrassed than anything else.

In Free Agency they always talk about players setting the mark. Cedric Benson was signed today to a 1 year 3 million dollar contract. He's 29 and has back to back 1,000 yard rushing season. His value is equal to Ronnie and Ricky. So it's not going to be money that keeps them away. I think Ricky is looking for a winner and Ronnie is looking for redemption. If neither of them feel they can get that here, than it's a real indictment on how players feel about Miami.

Would be nice to have him back but his salary would be too much for a backup. I think it would be almost 1Mill since he's a veteran player. I'd stick with our current backups and focus the money on other areas of need. I'm sure a decent backup can be had on the free agent wire if Bush/Daniels goes down during the season.

Back
Top Bottom