Bringing the Community back to Web Community | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing the Community back to Web Community

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
Just wanted to give all the premium members a heads up on what's going on with FinHeaven... since things have been pretty quiet anyway.

First, as you all well know - we have established a partnership with Damion McIntosh for this season and hopefully plenty more seasons to come. No other fan site has accomplished such a feat. Other things are to come of this partnership, so please keep your ears and eyes open. Just keep your Friday free on 10/21... and make sure to be in Davie, FL :D

Lastly, Phinz1972 (Kevin) is working on yet another overhaul of the backend for the news, commentary, poll system, and more. Right now we are using three systems and he's making one nice package to make things easier and better for us. Nothing you guys will really see... but it will make a difference in how fast the news is up, the format, and other things.

My next project will be a forever ongoing one; however, I feel it may be the biggest one. Since we are proclaimed as the largest Miami Dolphins fan site, we need, IMO, to have a better central location for our members to put where they watch games, locations, all that fun stuff. Granted, this is (or was) done by Phins.com - no doubt. However, it's not updated and doesn't have the same member base.

We will be incorporating something like this soon... however... as always, it will be much better :cool: :lol:

The goal here is to bring the community back together. Some members have become quiet because we've become larger. Separate memberships can only do so much. I think by having a places to watch and whatnot... and a forum to discuss those places... will allow members a type of free association.

Those are all my thoughts for now!

Sincerely,
AJ

Well, we were gonna make this a surprise, AJ, but... we all decided we'd most want to watch the game with you at your place. So we're popping over around noon Sunday. We'll bring plenty of beer, -- just grab snacks for 10,000, okay?:D

P4E said:
Well, we were gonna make this a surprise, AJ, but... we all decided we'd most want to watch the game with you at your place. So we're popping over around noon Sunday. We'll bring plenty of beer, -- just grab snacks for 10,000, okay?:D

:lol:

Keep up the good work AJ & co..

AJ:
I know I speak for many when I say we are appreciative of how much effort you put into keeping this site fresh and trying to improve the member experience.

The Damion Mac thing is just huge. That is big time baby.

Also if you are having all 10,000 over, can you pick up some Corona for me? With or without lime, I don't want this to be a problem for you!

Running a site is a thankless job. Trust me I know.

You will NEVER make everyone happy. Just make decisions that have the best interest of the site in mind. If "some" people have their feelings hurt so be it. You gotta do whats right for you and the site.

Back
Top Bottom