Broccoli Rob's midseason manifesto | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broccoli Rob's midseason manifesto

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't usually start my own opinion threads, but I had to get this off my chest.

I think Jon Martin's quitter attitude has rubbed off on a lot of FH posters. Just like the rest of you, this Martin/Incognito thing has me disgusted. Not only the incident itself, but the Aaron Hernandez-like reports that seem to metastasize at the rate of a rapid cancer.

Despite this embarrassing situation, i'd like to remind some of you that:

• We started 3-0 when NO one would believed we could.
  • Ryan Tannehill has outplayed Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton head to head through 8 games (outplayed Brady half a game and Flacco arguably, too)
  • We had no business losing to Baltimore or New England after coming out so strong in both games

We are 4-4 despite giving up the most sacks in the league. 4-4 when in the beginning of the year, most analysts and fans alike said "if the Dolphins can break .500 through the first half of the season, they are in playoff position". Its pathetic that a 23 year old man-child, Jon Martin, who is butt-hurt over losing his job to McKinnie, has turned so many of you against our front office and our team in general. Some retards on this site always seem to be happy when things go bad, but I can't believe that some of the even more reputable posters of this site seemingly have given up... How could anyone in their right mind want Philbin fired right now without seeing how he handles this team for the rest of the year?! Its absurd!

A very winnable game tomorrow ties us for the last wildcard spot with the Jets. The Jets.. the team that we "bullied" last year in NY in what was my favorite game of 2012. THEY are whats keeping us from the playoffs, and yet so many of you are giving up and counting us out!? Shame on you!

If we lose the next few games, then yes, its time to move on. If we drop the ball once again like we have so many times in the past, then yes, let the Fire Philbin threads fly.

But we are very much in the thick of things! Despite the drama, the setbacks, the injuries... the Jets are whats keeping us out of the playoffs! We have 3 very winnable games coming up (Tampa, SD, Carolina) and then one with serious playoff implications, December 1st... The NY Jets. As fans, we should be backing this team in the last few weeks that matter! I mean, do what you want. Its just seems as though some people aren't aware that we are where we wanted to be prior to the start of the season. A couple of solid team performances and we will be in for a very exciting December. Come on, people. Lets give this team a few more weeks before we look to drop the bomb on the entire organization.

Go Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:
allow me to point out something too. Miami ran all over the Bengals last week. this week? Ray rice has 30 yards on 18 carries against the Bengals. shows you that minus 2 OL we can run on a dominant defense

note: on 30 carries Miami ran for 157 yards last week. this week the ravens ran 30 times for 85 yards against the Bengals

Great post, glad some people on this board can still see the first through the trees

We had no business losing to Baltimore or New England after coming out so strong in both games

It always amazes me when someone will give us full credit for wins, even if we barely won or were lucky to win, and on the losses, say we should have won them. You either win or lose. You are what your record says you are. We are an average team, with an average record.

And those sacks you mentioned....you think if Harbaugh or Belichek is coaching this team that they would put up with that many sacks on their quarterback for so many games, without making some kind of adjustment? Because personally myself, I don't believe it. I believe that Sherman and Philbin were too stubborn to change anything and wanted to let things work themselves out.

It always amazes me when someone will give us full credit for wins, even if we barely won or were lucky to win, and on the losses, say we should have won them. You either win or lose. You are what your record says you are. We are an average team, with an average record.

And those sacks you mentioned....you think if Harbaugh or Belichek is coaching this team that they would put up with that many sacks on their quarterback for so many games, without making some kind of adjustment? Because personally myself, I don't believe it. I believe that Sherman and Philbin were too stubborn to change anything and wanted to let things work themselves out.

Its called optimism. Regardless of the fact that i'm using it support my opinion, the Dolphins performance through a solid portion of both of those games, if maintained, would have won us both games. There was questionable play calling in both contests, without a doubt. Had the Dolphins ran more in the second half of the Patriot game, I say we win the game. However, I don't believe it warrants a coaching change half way through the year when we are 4-4 through an extremely difficult few opening months. We are also talking about game planning against the New England Patriots and the defending Super Bowl champions. Its not like it was against the Jaguars.

As far as the sacks, I think they are doing what they can with the personnel they have. We've seen an improvement the last few weeks so hopefully getting rid of this Martin fiasco will lead to a more consistent OL performance. I don't think Harbaugh or Belichek would have went into a season with the players we have on OL. Thats on Jeff Ireland. Jon Martin is also on Jeff Ireland. If they make a GM change at the end of the year, I could understand that... But to get rid of Philbin before seeing how the Dolphins play out the rest of the season would be foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Dolphins performance through a solid portion of both of those games, if maintained, would have won us both games. There was questionable play calling in both contests.

1. Football is four quarters. It doesn't matter how solid you are for any point in the game, if you don't win. Other teams gameplan for you, too, and make adjustment at halftime. The performance during any one period of a game cannot necessarily be replicated for the remainder.
2. There's bad calls in the NFL for all teams.
3. Your screen name is making me hungry.

1. Football is four quarters. It doesn't matter how solid you are for any point in the game, if you don't win. Other teams gameplan for you, too, and make adjustment at halftime. The performance during any one period of a game cannot necessarily be replicated for the remainder.
2. There's bad calls in the NFL for all teams.
3. Your screen name is making me hungry.

Potential. we have the potential to beat these top tier teams.. We have beaten a few of them. We didn't hold out for 4 quarters against some others. My point was that its silly to be calling for a coaching change right now. I get what you're saying. And even without those two games, the performances against Indy, Cincy, and Atlanta shows its too soon to pull the rip cord... at 4-4, possibly 5-4 tomorrow.

& yea I love to cook italian food :italy:

I like your optimism, but by the same token, we also have the ability to lose games against Thad Lewis and the powerhouse Bills after a bye in Miami. To be a good team, you have to be consistent, and that is the farthest thing this team is. You are right though, I hope this changes, but they have one day left to prove your optimism. If this team doesn't come out and win tomorrow with the us against the world mentality that they claim, I would blow it up on Tuesday (exaggerating a little bit).

Do you really think these coaches who watch tape from the moment a game is over just said, ah screw it, this line will work itself out! An adjustment or an attempt at adjusting isn't always something so blatant as cutting a player and signing some other teams backups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the OP, thank you for writing this, I agree with everything except for calling the next three games winnable, no game in this league is a given. None. Ask the Colts today.

But this has been a competitive team in every single game minus one half in New Orleans.

I believed in Philbin up to this point, and I look forward to seeing how he and his team respond to all this adversity.

Do you really think these coaches who watch tape from the moment a game is over just said, ah screw it, this line will work itself out!

That's exactly what they did. There were no changes during the bi week. Or any week, really. Unless you count cutting fullbacks as a strategic roster move.

That's exactly what they did. There were no changes during the bi week. Or any week, really. Unless you count cutting fullbacks as a strategic roster move.

Maybe just maybe they gave Clabo more one on one time in practice, coaching up technique, trying to make him better. You sign a guy, you invest work in him all offseason, you try to get the best out of him. That's a coaches job. Perhaps they failed on that with Clabo. But this isn't Madden. You go in with the guys you have. And if it becomes truly apparent there's no hope, you go outside. Enter McKinnie. Clabo played ok up until that wiff that led to a turnover at the end of the game.

Back
Top Bottom