Broncos' defensive players irked by Gase's onside kick

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Albert Romano, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Dolphins512

Dolphins512 My Friends Call Me Bob Finheaven VIP Donator

Yup! After 45+ years of being a fan, I don't feel bad after any win.

Also, anyone who thinks a professional football player or coach is not going to try to win a game or not do their best so they can get a better draft position, doesn't understand competitive sports. There are careers, contracts and potential injuries on the line every week....these guys are going to do their best to win every game.

2. jlfin

jlfin old pro

I think he did it to give B.B. something else to think about next week.
    They’ve got nothing to lose against the Pats.
    Trick plays, onside kicks, fake punts etc should all be in the game plan. I hope they play loose, physical and with a swagger. They will probably lose, but I hope they punch that team in the mouth and make it a painful night.

1 dol fan, Ray R, TheJetsBlow and 2 others like this.
  3. Liphinphan

Liphinphan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

So your brilliant Idea is to tank? Sit your starters and give the message that we need to lose so we can move two or three spots to get a better draft pick? Who thinks thats
    what Shula would have done if he was ever in that spot? Completely embarrassing way of thinking. You would be on here this morning , whining like a school girl , killing Gase if we lost that game. So fans like you get a double ***** fest win or lose. What total nonsense. Hurt my sensibilities reading rubbish like this.

4. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

Be great if they can rough Brady up some...

FinaticalFinfan and TheJetsBlow like this.
  5. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Season is not necessarily over. 9-7 will get someone in the playoffs in this years AFC. 2 games vs Buffalo. Taylor went down with a knee injury yesterday. 1 game vs KC. They quickly went from best AFC team to worst. Just have to find a way to steal one next week and it is possible.

6. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

to the crowd mad about the fact we actually tried to win a game- do you think these players and coaches are actually going to try to lose? You would prefer that and praise them? Sorry but no, you guys would be bitching how Gase couldn’t have his team prepared against another bad team and former coach. Well they were prepared this week, get over yourselves.

7. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Yay!!! 5-7!!!

8. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

Dude needs to mark EVERY GAME on his ****ing schedule.

joenhre likes this.
  9. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

I like that the fact that the Dolphins are pissing someone off for a change, usually they smile...

FinaticalFinfan and royalshank like this.
  10. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I think Elway took Vance to spite Gase. Bad blood between those 2.

11. Viggen

Viggen Well-Known Member

Don’t forget that Gase wanted CJ Anderson and Elway snatched him back in the last minutes of the deal.

We woulda never seen the Ajayi mess play out if that deal went our way.

12. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

Agreed! I can't believe people are stupid enough to believe the team ill try to lose. I also can't believe people are stupid enough to get angry with fans who are rooting for the team to win. Like how folks cheer impacts the game. It's all kinds on stupid.

13. Dolphindrew

Dolphindrew Starter

My only concern with the kick is if Denver recovered it and scored quickly. It wouldn't be beyond this team to lose, even with that lead, especially after a questionable move. I wasn't against it necessarily, but didn't feel it was the smart football call at that moment - but... it worked.

14. Bowzer

Bowzer Active Member

Loved the onside kick. Love Adam Gase. He’s made a couple dumb decisions with personnel but that doesn’t all fall on him. We have a dumpster trash front office. Gase is competitive, has a fire, and whether the fans think so or not, players want to play for him.

As for the questionable play calling, you try running an offence with Jay Cutler at the helm. Gase knows he’s trash, that’s why he calls such conservative plays. Bad signing. Hopefully Tannehill or a high draft pick return next year and we can get rolling on offense.

Travis34 and TannDaMan17 like this.
  15. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

It's really unreal how dumb he draft pick monkeys are.

16. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I really don't care one way or the other that he did this. I wish he had saved that for a closer game in which we could really use it but at this point n the season it really doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure he's been very frustrated for most of the year

Ozzy rules!!

17. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

In typical Miami fashion, they couldn't even run up the score right. They recover an onside kick and immediately go three and out. Lol.

18. ManDarino

ManDarino Member

If the Broncos were so pissed about the onside kick, they should have recovered it or stopped the Dolphins from scoring.

19. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I was so high on Gase after last season.. I'm pretty disappointed now but have seen enough in the past to hope for much introspection off season and that he comes back with a healed and recharged Tannehill to take up where they left off in '16. Just get rid of his loser father in law Joe Vitt who I'm sure is putting old school "this is what we did in NO when we won when Methusalah was going through puberty" notions in his head.

Anyway, what Gase did was Belichickian. Kick em when they're down, especially when you think they deserve no mercy. After being caught for cheating and losing a first round draft pick, Belichick took it out on the league running up the score every game til the last minute.

How could I be upset with Gase for summoning up his killer instinctive Belichick? Hope it stirs something in him going forward.

fin415 and Trade Viper like this.
  20. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

Do you really think we were ever drafting a qb in the top 10??? Seriously, with Gase and Tannenbaum both likely staying? If anything, moving down in the draft increases our chances of drafting a qb in round one as there will be less blue chip players available and Baker Mayfield most likely will be sitting there as a value pick.

21. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I dunno, pretty much every non-Pats fan thinks BB is a pompous no-class jerk, and you can bet if he pulled that onside kick nonsense on us when he was up 33 - 9, we'd all be talking about what a low-life he was. Putting a crappy shoe on the other foot doesn't somehow make it classy.

rickd13 likes this.
  22. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Just read that the Pats have now strung together 15 straight double-digit win seasons but during that time Cam, The Meatball and Joe were real gentlemen

23. outlawd2u

outlawd2u Pro Bowler

I'd love this mentality if I actually believed him. But time after time I've seen him give up on 2nd and ling, or even first in long by banging his head into a wall with consecutive runs up the middle or short passes with a stacked box and everyone defending close. So yea Gase... you're not going to slow down when you're up big vs a bad team in a meaningless game, but you throw in the towel in unfavorable down and distance situations? Gimme a break

24. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I do admit that if Gase did that I might cut him some slack.