Broncos/ Saints? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos/ Saints?

FsuFinFan99

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I just got done reading over both ESPNs and Sportslines power rankings and came way baffled. Both rankings have the broncos and saints as highly ranked teams. I'd like to know how these teams are considered so much better then ours. Yeah the broncos have a great o-line but there defense isnt close to ours, jake plummer isnt gonna win a ring anytime soon and theyre backfield isn't exactly proven. And as far as the saints go, yeah theyve got the offense but there secondary could be considered one of the worst in the league and there linebackers dont light up the league either. I think we as dolphin fans need to start to realize we have more talent then a lot of teams predicted to finish above us. Just take a look at each of the positions:

QB: Yeah somehow Jay is starting but he still has the ability to get us some wins and we all know AJ will be starting by the end of the season

RB: The real question mark on this team. Just look at NE last year they won with guys like a.smith/k.faulk/ m.cloud all contributing. No reason our stable of backs cant do the same.

O-line: Yeah they didnt exactly light up the pre-season but it takes time to gel. If we can steady the ship the first few weeks of the season I think the line will be a pleasant surprise. Remember how W. Sapp was bashing the NE line bc they had a bunch of nobodys. Well we all know how they turned out.

D-line: Two words: Jason Taylor.

Linebackers: Thomas is still an All-Pro, Seau has been an upgrade over D. Rodgers and Greenwood has been steady. Dont be surprised if some of our youngsters start to challange him. We have great depth.

Secondary: ONe shutdown corner, One former shutdown corner. Solid Solid nickel in Howard and madisons replacement in Poole. Could be the best corner group in the league. Knights a playmaker and Edwards should be an improvement over Freeman.

Overall I dont see any reason why we cant finish 10-6 or 11-5.

FsuFinFan99 said:
I just got done reading over both ESPNs and Sportslines power rankings and came way baffled. Both rankings have the broncos and saints as highly ranked teams. I'd like to know how these teams are considered so much better then ours. Yeah the broncos have a great o-line but there defense isnt close to ours, jake plummer isnt gonna win a ring anytime soon and theyre backfield isn't exactly proven. And as far as the saints go, yeah theyve got the offense but there secondary could be considered one of the worst in the league and there linebackers dont light up the league either. I think we as dolphin fans need to start to realize we have more talent then a lot of teams predicted to finish above us. Just take a look at each of the positions:

QB: Yeah somehow Jay is starting but he still has the ability to get us some wins and we all know AJ will be starting by the end of the season

RB: The real question mark on this team. Just look at NE last year they won with guys like a.smith/k.faulk/ m.cloud all contributing. No reason our stable of backs cant do the same.

O-line: Yeah they didnt exactly light up the pre-season but it takes time to gel. If we can steady the ship the first few weeks of the season I think the line will be a pleasant surprise. Remember how W. Sapp was bashing the NE line bc they had a bunch of nobodys. Well we all know how they turned out.

Linebackers: Thomas is still an All-Pro, Seau has been an upgrade over D. Rodgers and Greenwood has been steady. Dont be surprised if some of our youngsters start to challange him. We have great depth.

Secondary: ONe shutdown corner, One former shutdown corner. Solid Solid nickel in Howard and madisons replacement in Poole. Could be the best corner group in the league. Knights a playmaker and Edwards should be an improvement over Freeman.

The difference is Tom Brady>Jay Feidler. Brady finds ways to get it done. Feidler finds ways to throw INT's.

Saints arent that bad of team they are very young on the d side of the ball just need them to get experience and play.

FsuFinFan99 said:

Don't be surprised if the Broncos finish ahead of us in total defense this year. Also Plummer is a really dangerous QB now that he's found his way to a decent team. Add to that their O line (even with the loss of the coach) ... and you have yourself a pretty damn good team... I wouldn't say #1 like one of the lists, but in better shape than Miami? I think so.

I agree the broncos are a good team but im not sure Im ready to annoint them a top 5 ranking. I like plummer but i dont see him as a vast improvement over fiedler. The only advantage he has is arm strength. What they share is the same propencity(sp?) to throw INT's at the worst times. And I was talking about the saints secondary being weak not the broncos. But yes the broncos did greatly improve there secondary with champ and lynch but keep this in mind. Lynch is gettin up there in age and injuries are starting to show up more and more. The one question I have about there defense is there ability to rush the passer. Aside from Pryce I dont see anyone on there team who will provide a rush. Also they lost berry to ARI who I believe was responsible for 8-9 sacks. As fans we need to stick with our team no matter what. My whole family is Jet fans and even when they were goin 1-15 my dad would still call every week to talk smack and tell me how browning nagle was gonna tear it up. Heres to the fins in 04'

ladeback said:
Also Plummer is a really dangerous QB now that he's found his way to a decent team.
I agree. I'd take Plummer over Fiedler AND Feely. He can scramble and his seasons with David Boston prove he has a dangerous threat with his long bomb.

Hey, we have David Boston now.. fancy that..

Back
Top Bottom