brooking might get cut and some others | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brooking might get cut and some others

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
keith brooking from ATL might get cut along iwht dunn. intersting stuff maybe its for Mcfad which i woudlnt be surprised with at all.

not in themood to get the link but its on footballsfuture.com front page.

Is Brooking even getting paid that much these days?

I know that he used to be a big name.

I saw it too earlier on rotoworld, I would defitnetly bring him in to pair him in the Middle with Crowder. Taylor and Porter could play on the outside, Im guessing Holliday if not cut will play DE this year he just doesn't fit as DT in Parcells 3-4 scheme. The question is will we draft Long our and sign a DT.....

No thanks on Brooking, I see enough of him here in Atlanta and he's past his prime. Definately not a part of the youth movement rebuild.

I agree, with the same type of player Brooking is. Compared to Zack he's younger and perhaps lost a step too. Cap number is about the same. Better for fins to look younger/cheaper and then have our own products of the system.

I can't say that Brookings is going to be brought in to replace Zack but I wouldn't be suprised. Brookiings is a 3-4 ILB. Always has been and when he was productive he played in a 3-4 defense. You guys are missing a HUGE point with the release of Zach.
ZT is the greatest LB in Miami history (I heard a stat the other day that he has more tackles then any LB in the Hall Of Fame) BUT NEWS FLASH
ZACH THOMAS IS A 4-3 MLB HE IS NOT AS PRODUCTIVE IN A 3-4 DEFENSE.

ZACH THOMAS IS A 4-3 MLB HE IS NOT AS PRODUCTIVE IN A 3-4 DEFENSE.

He had his best two seasons under Nick Saban, who ran a primarily 3-4 defense.

As for Brooking, while i've always felt he was under rated and actually a very solid player. It would riddle me if we replaced a 35 year old with a 32 year old when Brooking is probably going to want maybe 4 million a year rather than the 6 Thomas was going to get. You're not getting younger, or saving a whole lot of money, you might as well have just kept Zach.

Back
Top Bottom