Brooks or EE as the “Deebo”/ “C Patterson” role? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks or EE as the “Deebo”/ “C Patterson” role?

Of course not.
Who did you want us to have in that position?
I think Samuels and Patterson have rare skill sets where they can be used as a wr or a rb. I don't mean simply lining up in the back field and running a jet sweep or lining up wide and running a bubble screen or shallow crossing route. I mean actually playing either wr or rb. If you have those type of player great, but if you don't you just don't ask player to do that in your offense. So I would have anyone in that role. I wouldn't have that role in the offense.

I ok with running Achane or Ahmed out wide on a play here and there or even lining Waddle or Hill up in the backfield. But I'm not asking those rbs to run normal wr routes and I'm not pounding those wrs on straight runs between the tackles repeatedly.

To me it's like asking which of our qbs Tua, White or hompson is going to play the Josh Allen or Justin Fields role in terms of being the running threat out of the backfield? I'm ok with Miami's qbs taking off here and there when plays break down, but I don't think any of them should be taking snaps and running planned power sweeps of dive runs up the middle. I wouldn't have that in the offense.

Last edited:
I think it'll be EZ. McDaniel has already, featured EZ in the Deebo Role, during the preseason. So it's possible the plays are already designed for him this year. As for Brooks, I'm going to guess on this one, and say, he's going to get some run in short yardage, goal line situations and in the 4th quarter, to wear down defenses.

I think it'll be EZ. McDaniel has already, featured EZ in the Deebo Role, during the preseason. So it's possible the plays are already designed for him this year. As for Brooks, I'm going to guess on this one, and say, he's going to get some run in short yardage, goal line situations and in the 4th quarter, to wear down defenses.
Not really. He ran two jet sweeps. Samual actually lines up at rb and runs regular rb plays. Last year Miami ran jet sweeps with Hill, Waddle, Wilson and Sherfield. Even had Sherfield, Hill and Waddle line up in the backfield and run a few pass routes from there. However, I wouldn't say they were used like Samual is used. This year Hill, Waddle and Berrios will get in game rush attempt on jet sweeps.

I think Samuels and Patterson have rare skill sets where they can be used as a wr or a rb. I don't mean simply lining up in the back field and running a jet sweep or lining up wide and running a bubble screen or shallow crossing route. I mean actually playing either wr or rb. If you have those type of player great, but if you don't you just don't ask player to do that in your offense. So I would have anyone in that role. I wouldn't have that role in the offense.

I ok with running Achane or Ahmed out wide on a play here and there or even lining Waddle or Hill up in the backfield. But I'm not asking those rbs to run normal wr routes and I'm not pounding those wrs on straight runs between the tackles repeatedly.

To me it's like asking which of our qbs Tua, White or hompson is going to play the Josh Allen or Justin Fields role in terms of being the running threat out of the backfield? I'm ok with Miami's qbs taking off here and there when plays break down, but I don't think any of them should be taking snaps and running planned power sweeps of dive runs up the middle. I wouldn't have that in the offense.

Since all our RB's and our FB have exactly those qualifications, is it even a concern for our current two guys at those positions?

Since all our RB's and our FB have exactly those qualifications, is it even a concern for our current two guys at those positions?
I don't think Miami's rbs, and definately not Ingold, can line up and play wr on a regular basis. That's fin just use them accordingly.

This is interesting to me. I’m not sure how good Brooks is running routes. But I have a feeling that defenses are going to be surprised when the Dolphins take the field Week 1.
To me, that would be a better fit for Achane.

Football is a chess match. The Dolphins can’t mimic the 49ers with Deebo because we don’t a TE like Kittle to force a mismatch. Our advantage is WR speed keeping safeties pinned back.

If Arcane is in game with no Ingold, I expect the defense to be in nickle.

I’m interested to see how defenses take their shots at blitzing when Arcane is the lone back to protect Tua.

I just want our roster to play to its strengths and not try to make players fit roles because it worked elsewhere!

Brooks and EE are not similar in the slightest and neither is like Samuel.
Never said they are similar. Which would be best for that type of role? I just think both these guys have some versatility and power and can be suited for hybrid role like Deebo or C. Patterson.

The phins utilize an RBBC. I expect Mostert to be the 1st option at RB.

Their will be plays/packages for EE

That said, It will be infrequent when Achane has more than 10-12 carries or more than 3-5 receptions a game.

I think that's just a product of wanting to practice the play and the other receivers not playing. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom