Brother Joe aka Nabocane not in good health

Discussion in 'Dolphans Memorial Forum' started by Fin Fan in Cali, May 13, 2017.

1. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

I received this pm from HelenaBucket so I wanted to share with the family:

John -

There was a time I was able to navigate this site pretty easily. Not so much anymore. And so, I have another huge favor to ask you...this time it's to help someone else. It's come to my attention that Joe Morffi's cats are seriously ill with some virus that has hit them all. As you may or may not know, he has always loved cats, and has taken in stray after stray, nursed them to health, found homes when possible, kept the others. Joe's also been struggling with HIS own health issues. A mutual friend of ours has started a gofundme and posted it to her (and I to my facebook) account to raise money to get them all the continued veterinary care since his own funds have been depleted before they all found their way back to health. I actually sent a sum of money already directly to Joe. You know, we all take care of each other. Here's the link, I'm not sure how or where to post it. Would you kindly assist to that end?

Joe does a great thing with helping stray cats in nursing them back to health and finding permanent homes for them. There is a thread in the lounge if you would like to help one of our own brothers out.

http://www.finheaven.com/threads/brother-nabocane-needs-our-help-guys.340844/

Thank you so much to Sister Jan aka HelenaBucket and Brother Fishy for bringing this to our attention and setting this up.

Also here is an update on Jan as well:

Lacey is all healed from her trip to the doggie dentist, but spoiled beast she is, demands only moist food now! I give her a little, and make her eat tiny kibble to keep her remaining teeth in good shape.

As for me, I'm getting settled - I'm back to work full time with a local, privately owned company that specializes in estate sales - I like it, the hours, the money, and the perks are far better than Pier1 ever offered. I am thinking of moving back east - closer to family in 2020, when I can collect Jon's social security. Until then, I'm happy to stay in New Mexico - I do have a small network of friends on whom I can rely.

I still wake up at 4:00 every morning (when Jon did), I think I hear him sometimes (it's more comforting to me than not). I miss him incredibly. I suspect I will for the rest of my life.

Again, you and the folks at finheaven were all wonderful to us. I can't thank you all enough.

Jan/Helena

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  2. HelenaBucket

HelenaBucket Property of: WharfRat

Thank you for sharing this information! <3

3. Fin Fan in Cali

Fin Fan in Cali Joanne Shaw Taylor Super Donator

Bump for Brother Joe.

Wildbill3 likes this.