Brown Talks Proceeding Cautiously | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown Talks Proceeding Cautiously

Figures. To bad we didnt have that #1 overall those pricks.

I think its ridiculous that the cost of one first round contract is determined by the cost of another...and at a different position even.

Why should all the teams suffer just because SF's guys are idiots?

Thats like going to Best Buy and being forced to pay too much for a dishwasher just because there was some guy that was in earlier that paid too much for a camcorder.

the problem is that ronnies agent is inexperienced and he cant screw up this contract because if he does than he wont get any knew clients...

also the amount of guarenteed money he is going to get is a big factor...

They should have down to the # cash value of the spot. No clients needed. You get picked #1 overall..this is the $ plain and simple. No more hold outs and all this crap. Its gotta be better orgainzed because the rookies are making way to much money for what they are. Thats "potential"

I don't understand why its taking so long to get him signed and into camp, Smith's contract was done awhile ago, hurry the hell up already.

FuturePhin said:
They should have down to the # cash value of the spot. No clients needed. You get picked #1 overall..this is the $ plain and simple. No more hold outs and all this crap. Its gotta be better orgainzed because the rookies are making way to much money for what they are. Thats "potential"

I TOTALLY agree. It's a travesty that Alex Smith-- a guy who everyone agreed would've been the fourth QB taken in last year's draft- gets $24 mil guranteed, the most ever for a 1st overall pick- and the only reason he went 1st overall was because there were NO QB's in this draft at all. Smith wasn't a Peyton or even Eli type of prospect coming out of college. He hasn't done anything to warrant getting half of $24 mil. Ronnie needs to get his *** in camp PRONTO. Enough screwing around. Sign your deal and get to work Ronnie.

This is pretty much why teams havent been drafting Rb's this high. Its a position thats hard to justify giving huge amounts of guaranteed money--with injuries and career length. Ask EJ or Alexander about it. Stinks that the first time we have a draft pick this high in like a century we are having to dish out this kind of guaranteed deal because the 49ers went nuts. I love Ronnie Brown, Im glad we got him but its hard to imagine giving a Rb like 20mil in guaranteed money, thats just completely nuts.

We will not see Brown in the Hall of Fame game, bet on that. Hell, might not even see him the second game either considering the closeness of it right thereafter.

FuturePhin said:

yup and it should increase at the same rate as the salary cap increase...

Nublar7 said:
Not really that much of an update, but it definitely looks like Alex Smith's huge contract is a major reason why it is taking so long.

http://www.finheaven.com/news/2379/
why cant we get away with paying this guy no more than our highest paid player already? and if he wanted guarenteed money he shouldve guarenteed his as$ in camp for the head count.

BLITZKRIEG said:
Right now I don't care if Brown signs at all....

**** HIM!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!
i'm definitely with ya on this. more that i'm gonna start using corn in lieu of petro. i'm plain old sickofit.

yankeehillbilly said:
I think its ridiculous that the cost of one first round contract is determined by the cost of another...and at a different position even.

Why should all the teams suffer just because SF's guys are idiots?

Thats like going to Best Buy and being forced to pay too much for a dishwasher just because there was some guy that was in earlier that paid too much for a camcorder.

There is an irony to the whole system.

The worst NFL teams GM (You can also say the worst GM) sets the standard for the pay scale for the rest of the first round picks.

Its a ridiculous system that must be changed.

I have said along that RB should not be taken that high in the draft.IMO only a QB justifies that investment (Putting aside the bust possibilities )

RBs have shorter careers and they are not in 100 pct of the offensive plays like a QB.It looks like Ronny will be alternated with our other RBs anyway.

In effect Ronnie Brown will be paid MUCH more than Smith if you consider the No of plays he will be in compared to a QB throughout their careers.

Back
Top Bottom