Browns are collecting draft picks on 2014. Which player could be right for Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by MexDolfan, Sep 19, 2013.

?

Which Brown's player could be right for Dolphins?

1. OT Joe Thomas

39 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. DB Joe Haden

26 vote(s)
    20.2%
  3. TE Jordan Cameron

41 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. None

23 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. MexDolfan

MexDolfan Seasoned Veteran

After Cleveland Browns announced they traded their main play-maker to Indianapolis, it became obvious this team is trashing their current roster in order to rebuild.

I can see that today's value for a RB is getting closer and closer to K & ST, but Trent Richardson is going to be missed this season in Cleveland.
    This team is officially fighting side by side with Jacksonvile for top draft pick of 2014.

So with that in mind, I was trying to figure which pieces of this trashed roster are worth of a trade and what kind of trades.

What about ...
    ... Joe Thomas for a 2nd round in 2014 plus 4th in 2015?
    ... Jordan Cameron for a 2nd round in 2014 plus some player?
    ... Joe Haden for a 1st round?

Share your opinion on every possible trade you feel could upgrade our roster.

2. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

I cannot see why Cleveland would trade Cameron or Haden. Richardson was understandable, but a young weapon at TE and a young lockdown corner are extremely desirable for a rebuilding team.

Thomas is due a LOT of money. Might be tough to move him.

3. cullenbigcstill

cullenbigcstill FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I say we roll with our talent. Obviously if we could steal a Phil Taylor, Joe Haden or an Alex Mack that would be beneficial, but lets roll with what we got, we are 2-0 and improving week to week thus far.

4. MexDolfan

If Cleveland gets a big offer for Cameron, including a pair of draft picks, they could see it as a window to add a talented TE while upgrading another spot.

Joe Haden is a different story. This is close to Revis Island, he's a pro-bowl caliber player, but every NFL secondary defense requires more than one key DB, and Browns will need to add a bunch of guys for that job. Haden could be the keystone of it, but if they feel some of their current DBs can pan out in 1-2 seasons, they could use this to improve other spots.

Thomas could be hard to deal, but if Cleveland can afford his dead money sum of $3,600,000, Dolphins could include a late draft picks in compensation.

5. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

I think it's safe to say the rebuild is only taking place on offense. No reason to touch a very good, very young defense. Joe Thomas could be had, especially right now. Best way to tank the season is to lose ur starting left tackle

6. MexDolfan

Interesting.
    What kind of offers would you do for Phil Taylor or Alex Mack?

7. bcsupratt

bcsupratt Well-Known Member

browns arent giving up Haden...that would be a Marlins type of move

8. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

another thread like this? :rolleyes2:

9. dcnr226

You know this is a message board on the Internet, right? And like, you know, this is kindve of the place for hypothetical talk, right?

10. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

I'd take Haden for a 1st in a heartbeat. Maybe give them another pick or something too. Haden, Grimes, Patterson in the nickel. We'd finally have corner depth!

11. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

Richardson isn't a Chud type player. Hence why he is expendable.

Those other 3 guys aren't being moved...

12. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 Smoke 'em Jay Finheaven VIP

The Browns moved Richardson only because they don't view him as a fit in the long term scheme. When Richardson was drafted I thought it was crazy giving up a high first rounder on an RB. I think they are pretty fortunate they found a team to give up a 1st and no surprise it's the Colts. Irsay went in to panic mode when Ballard got hurt just as he did last year in giving up a 2nd for V Davis.

I really don't see the Browns conducting a Marlins style fire sale.

13. nando03

nando03 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I would give a 3rd or maybe a 2nd for Joe Thomas. That would help out our OL a ton.

14. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Haden's going nowhere... that's unless he starts pulling MEvis type diva renegotiation requests. A shutdown corner is too hard to find.

15. iwastherein1972

iwastherein1972 Well-Known Member

Richardson was the star of that team. I wish the Dolphins would have gone after him. THAT is the kind of player we need on this offense.

I see Lamar Miller as a career journeyman. He MIGHT reach Ronnie Brown stature at best.

16. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Let's get Devon Bess back. :crazy:

Never go to the Library without your shotgun.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2013
  17. mnphinfan

mnphinfan Lifelong Fin Fan

Tanking for Teddy!

18. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Haden for a low draft pick would be great - but never happen. Other than that I say nah, lets roll with our 2-0 team that is salary cap healthy and busting with talent and potential.

19. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

At least put thought into it. This isn't fantasy land. All most here ask for is something REALISTIC.

Thomas isn't affordable.
    Cameron was drafted by the current FO in CLE.
    T. Rich was drafted by the previous regime.
    And Haden is not going anywhere. Even if dealt, his future contract makes no sense for MIA after drafting 2 CBs and having a PB CB to pay after the season.

Which makes the above scenario stupid on so many levels. This isn't Madden. If you want this message board to deal in fantasy land themes, I guess we should bring our crayons and markers and try to stay with in the lines.

20. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

It isn't going to happen but I went with the TE. I'd pair him up with Clay this year and when Keller gets back in 2014, have the best trio in the world.

21. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

you know none of these players will be traded under any circumstances, right?

22. dcnr226

So, kindve like Revis wasn't going anywhere, is what your saying?

Maybe..just maybe...Cleveland's front office is of the same mind as the Fins. Maybe they think that paying offensive linemen 10+ mil a year is counter productive, as per WVdolfan's very sound logic. And all that might make him trade bait.

Not saying I want to trade a high pick and pay him big $, but I don't think it's all that absurd. Cleveland's offense is being flushed. Pretty sure prior to yesterday, you thought Trent Richardson was untouchable.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Again, I'm sure that you, just like the rest of the world, thought Trent Richardson was untouchable prior to yesterday.

23. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Wake me up when Richardson does something other than run over that Philadelphia Eagles player and pops the guy's helmet off.

Hoops is right that Richardson will be aided by having Luck as the QB, but the Browns won this deal. Sorry, it was GabCinder not Hoops. Same avatar.

Lamar Miller will match Richardson in the end if both are healthy.

24. dcnr226

You can't stack the box v Richardson anymore in Indy. If he was on the Dolphins, can't stack the box against Richardson either. He didn't have a qb in Cleveland or a healthy Josh Gordon to scare defenses. No RB is going to scare a defense that's unafraid to stack the box

25. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

at this point I would go after Thomas, I know some think the line is being overexaggerated in terms of how bad they are. but Clabo is going to get tannehill killed and that's the season. trade for Thomas and move Martin back to RT, an improvement from Clabo. watch how much Peyton misses his stud LT

26. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

I fail to see how trading one player that apparently doesn't fit with what they are trying to do on offense equals them holding a "fire sale" with every good player they have.

27. GoonBoss

GoonBoss Finheaven Templar Super Donator Donator

I would do a first rounder for Hayden in a heartbeat.

28. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

WR Josh Gordon is said to be on the trading block. Gordon is good, but can a pain in the @#$. Plus I like Miami's threesome of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson, adding a fourth quality receiver just means more whinning about not getting enough touches. If Miami had Wallace, Gordon, Hartline and Gibson I think we would see more 4 wide sets. If you could find a way to keep everyone happy that would be some group.

29. WVDolphan

WVDolphan Banned Hammered

You already know I want no part of Joe Thomas' contract.

However, the people suggesting Cleveland may trade him need to consider that it would be virtually impossible for them to do so because of his contract. They would take a huge cap hit over the next few years for a player not even on their team. They simply cant trade him even if they wanted to.

The one guy I do hear is on the block for them is the WR Josh Gordon. He is certainly trade worthy as he has talent. However, when you consider he has already been suspended for substance abuse, teams will be weary of trading for him knowing he is a huge risk to be suspended for a year. Cleveland probably cant get a lot for him because of that but, its definitely interesting because of his talent.

30. gdiaz0358

gdiaz0358 Rookie

Trade Patterson, Clay, and Martin for Thomas, Haden and Cameron plus send them a 2nd. :)

31. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

I was going to say "the Browns would never make that trade", but then I saw you had us also shipping out a 2nd round pick. :)

32. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

This is an obvious tank job by the Browns. If you're Ireland, you make the call and shake the tree to see what falls. If they're really dumb enough to move Haden or anyone else of value then sure, pull the trigger. I doubt it happens though. A young talented TE and CB aren't positions you want to give up.

I agree with WV. I also want no part of Joe Thomas' contract.

33. DolphinFan87

DolphinFan87 Rookie Donator

Did he just say joe thomas for a 2nd rounder plus some worthless picks? Lol he is arguably the best LT in football

34. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

2nd and a 7th for Cameron and I'd be on cloud 9....

35. MexDolfan

Let's be clear, Jake Long is the best LT in football when healthy.

That said, Joe Thomas' contract is too expensive for a team that won't make the playoffs in 2-3 years, so making room for additional playmakers' contracts could make sense for that FO. The point is dealing with him could be easier for Jeff Ireland than Michael Lombardi under today's situations in Miami and Cleveland.

36. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Jake Long is not the best LT in football when healthy. The new regime in Cleveland is not having a fire sale. They just don't think Richardson is special and I agree.

37. Al13

Al13 Don´t mess with Clint

and never post players names, before double checking how to spell

38. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy Scout Team Finheaven VIP

this isn't a firesale on clevelands part. chud was completely clueless in Carolina and anyone living here could testify to that. he had 3 good rb's in d Williams, j stewart, and mike Tolbert last year and didn't know how to use them, nor did he want to use them. weeden is replaced next season or heck maybe once he can pass a physical he might just give him away for a conditional pic to the jags. newtons rookie season made chud, but once teams figured out how to play newton it was pretty much game over. but no, they are not giving up Cameron, hayden, or Thomas even though I would love to have any of the three on team

39. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

We should trade an 8th rounder for Bess.

40. MarshallFin1

MarshallFin1 Banned Hammered

lets get bess back!!!