Browns are collecting draft picks on 2014. Which player could be right for Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns are collecting draft picks on 2014. Which player could be right for Dolphins?

Which Brown's player could be right for Dolphins?

• OT Joe Thomas

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • DB Joe Haden

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • TE Jordan Cameron

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • None

Votes: 23 17.8%

• Total voters

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
After Cleveland Browns announced they traded their main play-maker to Indianapolis, it became obvious this team is trashing their current roster in order to rebuild.

I can see that today's value for a RB is getting closer and closer to K & ST, but Trent Richardson is going to be missed this season in Cleveland.
This team is officially fighting side by side with Jacksonvile for top draft pick of 2014.

So with that in mind, I was trying to figure which pieces of this trashed roster are worth of a trade and what kind of trades.

What about ...
... Joe Thomas for a 2nd round in 2014 plus 4th in 2015?
... Jordan Cameron for a 2nd round in 2014 plus some player?
... Joe Haden for a 1st round?

Share your opinion on every possible trade you feel could upgrade our roster.

I cannot see why Cleveland would trade Cameron or Haden. Richardson was understandable, but a young weapon at TE and a young lockdown corner are extremely desirable for a rebuilding team.

Thomas is due a LOT of money. Might be tough to move him.

I say we roll with our talent. Obviously if we could steal a Phil Taylor, Joe Haden or an Alex Mack that would be beneficial, but lets roll with what we got, we are 2-0 and improving week to week thus far.

I cannot see why Cleveland would trade Cameron or Haden. Richardson was understandable, but a young weapon at TE and a young lockdown corner are extremely desirable for a rebuilding team.

Thomas is due a LOT of money. Might be tough to move him.
If Cleveland gets a big offer for Cameron, including a pair of draft picks, they could see it as a window to add a talented TE while upgrading another spot.

Joe Haden is a different story. This is close to Revis Island, he's a pro-bowl caliber player, but every NFL secondary defense requires more than one key DB, and Browns will need to add a bunch of guys for that job. Haden could be the keystone of it, but if they feel some of their current DBs can pan out in 1-2 seasons, they could use this to improve other spots.

Thomas could be hard to deal, but if Cleveland can afford his dead money sum of $3,600,000, Dolphins could include a late draft picks in compensation.

I think it's safe to say the rebuild is only taking place on offense. No reason to touch a very good, very young defense. Joe Thomas could be had, especially right now. Best way to tank the season is to lose ur starting left tackle

I say we roll with our talent. Obviously if we could steal a Phil Taylor, Joe Haden or an Alex Mack that would be beneficial, but lets roll with what we got, we are 2-0 and improving week to week thus far.
Interesting.
What kind of offers would you do for Phil Taylor or Alex Mack?

browns arent giving up Haden...that would be a Marlins type of move

another thread like this? :rolleyes2:

another thread like this? :rolleyes2:

You know this is a message board on the Internet, right? And like, you know, this is kindve of the place for hypothetical talk, right?

I'd take Haden for a 1st in a heartbeat. Maybe give them another pick or something too. Haden, Grimes, Patterson in the nickel. We'd finally have corner depth!

Richardson isn't a Chud type player. Hence why he is expendable.

Those other 3 guys aren't being moved...

The Browns moved Richardson only because they don't view him as a fit in the long term scheme. When Richardson was drafted I thought it was crazy giving up a high first rounder on an RB. I think they are pretty fortunate they found a team to give up a 1st and no surprise it's the Colts. Irsay went in to panic mode when Ballard got hurt just as he did last year in giving up a 2nd for V Davis.

I really don't see the Browns conducting a Marlins style fire sale.

I would give a 3rd or maybe a 2nd for Joe Thomas. That would help out our OL a ton.

Haden's going nowhere... that's unless he starts pulling MEvis type diva renegotiation requests. A shutdown corner is too hard to find.

Richardson was the star of that team. I wish the Dolphins would have gone after him. THAT is the kind of player we need on this offense.

I see Lamar Miller as a career journeyman. He MIGHT reach Ronnie Brown stature at best.

Back
Top Bottom