Browns are collecting draft picks on 2014. Which player could be right for Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns are collecting draft picks on 2014. Which player could be right for Dolphins?

Which Brown's player could be right for Dolphins?

• OT Joe Thomas

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • DB Joe Haden

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • TE Jordan Cameron

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • None

Votes: 23 17.8%

• Total voters
Haden for a low draft pick would be great - but never happen. Other than that I say nah, lets roll with our 2-0 team that is salary cap healthy and busting with talent and potential.

You know this is a message board on the Internet, right? And like, you know, this is kindve of the place for hypothetical talk, right?

At least put thought into it. This isn't fantasy land. All most here ask for is something REALISTIC.

Thomas isn't affordable.
Cameron was drafted by the current FO in CLE.
T. Rich was drafted by the previous regime.
And Haden is not going anywhere. Even if dealt, his future contract makes no sense for MIA after drafting 2 CBs and having a PB CB to pay after the season.

Which makes the above scenario stupid on so many levels. This isn't Madden. If you want this message board to deal in fantasy land themes, I guess we should bring our crayons and markers and try to stay with in the lines.

It isn't going to happen but I went with the TE. I'd pair him up with Clay this year and when Keller gets back in 2014, have the best trio in the world.

You know this is a message board on the Internet, right? And like, you know, this is kindve of the place for hypothetical talk, right?

you know none of these players will be traded under any circumstances, right?

At least put thought into it. This isn't fantasy land. All most here ask for is something REALISTIC.

Thomas isn't affordable.
Cameron was drafted by the current FO in CLE.
T. Rich was drafted by the previous regime.
And Haden is not going anywhere. Even if dealt, his future contract makes no sense for MIA after drafting 2 CBs and having a PB CB to pay after the season.

Which makes the above scenario stupid on so many levels. This isn't Madden. If you want this message board to deal in fantasy land themes, I guess we should bring our crayons and markers and try to stay with in the lines.

So, kindve like Revis wasn't going anywhere, is what your saying?

Maybe..just maybe...Cleveland's front office is of the same mind as the Fins. Maybe they think that paying offensive linemen 10+ mil a year is counter productive, as per WVdolfan's very sound logic. And all that might make him trade bait.

Not saying I want to trade a high pick and pay him big $, but I don't think it's all that absurd. Cleveland's offense is being flushed. Pretty sure prior to yesterday, you thought Trent Richardson was untouchable.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

you know none of these players will be traded under any circumstances, right?

Again, I'm sure that you, just like the rest of the world, thought Trent Richardson was untouchable prior to yesterday.

Wake me up when Richardson does something other than run over that Philadelphia Eagles player and pops the guy's helmet off.

Hoops is right that Richardson will be aided by having Luck as the QB, but the Browns won this deal. Sorry, it was GabCinder not Hoops. Same avatar.

Lamar Miller will match Richardson in the end if both are healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wake me up when Richardson does something other than run over that Philadelphia Eagles player and pops the guy's helmet off.

Hoops is right that Richardson will be aided by having Luck as the QB, but the Browns won this deal.

Lamar Miller will match Richardson in the end if both are healthy.

You can't stack the box v Richardson anymore in Indy. If he was on the Dolphins, can't stack the box against Richardson either. He didn't have a qb in Cleveland or a healthy Josh Gordon to scare defenses. No RB is going to scare a defense that's unafraid to stack the box

at this point I would go after Thomas, I know some think the line is being overexaggerated in terms of how bad they are. but Clabo is going to get tannehill killed and that's the season. trade for Thomas and move Martin back to RT, an improvement from Clabo. watch how much Peyton misses his stud LT

I fail to see how trading one player that apparently doesn't fit with what they are trying to do on offense equals them holding a "fire sale" with every good player they have.

WR Josh Gordon is said to be on the trading block. Gordon is good, but can a pain in the @#$. Plus I like Miami's threesome of Wallace, Hartline and Gibson, adding a fourth quality receiver just means more whinning about not getting enough touches. If Miami had Wallace, Gordon, Hartline and Gibson I think we would see more 4 wide sets. If you could find a way to keep everyone happy that would be some group.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, kindve like Revis wasn't going anywhere, is what your saying?

Maybe..just maybe...Cleveland's front office is of the same mind as the Fins. Maybe they think that paying offensive linemen 10+ mil a year is counter productive, as per WVdolfan's very sound logic. And all that might make him trade bait.

Not saying I want to trade a high pick and pay him big $, but I don't think it's all that absurd. Cleveland's offense is being flushed. Pretty sure prior to yesterday, you thought Trent Richardson was untouchable.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Again, I'm sure that you, just like the rest of the world, thought Trent Richardson was untouchable prior to yesterday.

You already know I want no part of Joe Thomas' contract.

However, the people suggesting Cleveland may trade him need to consider that it would be virtually impossible for them to do so because of his contract. They would take a huge cap hit over the next few years for a player not even on their team. They simply cant trade him even if they wanted to.

The one guy I do hear is on the block for them is the WR Josh Gordon. He is certainly trade worthy as he has talent. However, when you consider he has already been suspended for substance abuse, teams will be weary of trading for him knowing he is a huge risk to be suspended for a year. Cleveland probably cant get a lot for him because of that but, its definitely interesting because of his talent.

Trade Patterson, Clay, and Martin for Thomas, Haden and Cameron plus send them a 2nd. :)

Back
Top Bottom