Brown's cap / salary impact | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown's cap / salary impact

TheCurmudgeon

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I suppose it's appropriate for me to state up front, that I'm not sold on Ronnie Brown.

My question is simple: At what point in his contract do we really need to evaluate his effectiveness?

I know he's received a huge signing binous, and I can accept that situation as a part of signing a player at #2, but when does he become too become expensive for us? Next year? The year after? If it takes a two years to evaluate a running back, is it conceivable that we'd draft one next year?

Why don't you watch more than one game before making your fairweather analysis.

Dont pay attention to these new posters. they are just trolls.

take a nice look at ronnie, youll be seeing him for years to come. and culpepper. theyll both be here the next 4 or 5 years - and i agree he needs to step up his production if we are going to pay him so much

Ronnie Brown gets 39 yards in a game when it looks like he should only get 15 yards.

He is always pushing the pile forward. What you need to be asking is when do we just blow up our O-Line and start from scratch.....

While I disagree with the original posters thoughts on Brown, he does ask a fair question and doesn't need to be bashed for it. I agree that Ronnie makes a lot of yards where other backs would simply be put down in the backfield, however, at times he is hesitant when there is a hole to run through (perhaps a product of rarely having seen one since playing for Miami).

With Lee Suggs playing now we should all be able to judge more accurately Brown's effectiveness because there will be a player who we can directly compare him to.

$$$$

TheCurmudgeon said:
I suppose it's appropriate for me to state up front, that I'm not sold on Ronnie Brown.

My question is simple: At what point in his contract do we really need to evaluate his effectiveness?

I know he's received a huge signing binous, and I can accept that situation as a part of signing a player at #2, but when does he become too become expensive for us? Next year? The year after? If it takes a two years to evaluate a running back, is it conceivable that we'd draft one next year?

Not sold on Ronnie... really? Couldn't tell by your post.

Come on Man. You watched one game. Did you see him get the TD's & 30 tough yards? Did you watch any games last year? Why don't you watch atleast few more games before you think about what he's worth. Not to mention they'll probably get a cheap tricky Ricky back next year. And if you get 2000 yards out of the combination then yes we keep RB & he's worth it.

TheCurmudgeon said:

FOOL, the first game was against the super bowl champions and their probably best defensive front in the NFL. Not to mention it was in pittsburgh on a night where the bus was being recognized, and the superbowl rings were being given out. Dont count that game as a HUGE loss, we will see them again in the playoffs, i still think if Daunte gets his **** together, we are top 3 in the NFL.

Easy everyone... I haven't ever been sold on him. This isn't a one-game thing for me. I've also been reading this forum for years, and am hardly a rookie. I simply don't post becuase I rarely see an intelligent response.

My question still stands: what are his cap figures for the next couple of years?

TheCurmudgeon said:
Easy everyone... I haven't ever been sold on him. This isn't a one-game thing for me. I've also been reading this forum for years, and am hardly a rookie. I simply don't post becuase I rarely see an intelligent response.

My question still stands: what are his cap figures for the next couple of years?

He doesn't have much of a base salary until the final year of his deal in 2010 when he'll either be an established star with a new contract or he'll be on the street. You have to really suck to get cut in the first four years of your rookie contract if you're a high first round pick. It just costs too much.

Cutting ronnie is not an option. Memory is fuzzy but from what i can remember here it is.

Salary:
05' 230,000
06' 350,000
07' 984,133
08' 1,658,266
09' 2,332,399
10' 5,000,000

We paid him something like a 1.6 million dollar roster bonus when he signed and last march gave him a 12.5 million dollar option bonus. Plus other incentives.

his deal has 19.58 million guaranteed.

BUT with the cap increase it is honeslty a bargain for a player of his caliber.

Now i know you as a troll doesn't believe that so i'll put it simple. It costs us less to have him on then team than not to until the last year of his contract. So even if he did suck(which he doesn't) we really don't have an option to cut him till 2010 or 2009 at the earliest...

Back
Top Bottom