Bruschi might be back this year.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruschi might be back this year....

pwn3dyo said:
he said theres 0% chance he will comeback this year. He's not coming back this season.

Then why has he not been placed on IR?

Sundance Kid said:
NO way does a Guy come out of Now-where like he did and have a stroke at such a young age????
You mean to tell me he wasn`t on something??????....ya right...

I guess you've never heard of congenital vascular defects. It could happen to any of us.

If he does comeback, I hope his Drs haven't missed anything.

It's not just himself to think about. Could you imagine the trauma of an on the field recurrence to his family and other players.

The man has got to have other options.

I really hope he doesn't come back this year, and only for his family's sake. I fear it could be a tragic mistake. Not that I know anything, it is just something that makes me very uneasy.

BTW... Mr. Bruschi has been killing the Dolphins for years. Anyone remember that game Marino looked like his audible calls had been stolen. I believe Teddy was one of the guys that picked him off?

Anyone that thinks Bruschi is overrated has his homer glasses on too tight.
That guy just makes play after play. If he played for the Fins, people here would be calling for his bust in Canton.

campeonaso said:
true i really think he is a good player but is the most overrated lb in football

oh really? tell me then, what is it about Tedy B. that is truly "overrated"? ... when is a player just right? ... but really, overrated in terms of what? just WHO exactly is doing the overrating of him in the first place?

i'll tell you what is overrated... the term "overrated" itself... rather tired of hearing it used, especially for world champions...

122 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 3 passes defensed... most of them in huge clutch situations... yeah, i'd say that's pro bowl credentials...

i'd daresay he deserved to go to Hawaii in 2003 as well, when he had similar numbers, and added two touchdowns... two more in 2002...

and for Predaphin, who suggest a player like Bruschi is merely a "product of the system"... it's funny... there was a thread a few weeks ago on the Jets' site suggesting it's the great players New England has that makes their "overrated" system and coaches look good... clearly, people lack insight one way or another... and probably both...

sorry, but Tedy Bruschi is/was a Pro Bowl linebacker... there's a bit more to the position besides tackle totals and 40 time...

PressCoverage said:
oh really? tell me then, what is it about Tedy B. that is truly "overrated"? ... when is a player just right? overrated in terms of what? just exactly WHO is doing the overrating of him in the first place?

i'll tell you what is overrated... the term "overrated" itself... rather tired of hearing it used, especially for world champions...

122 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 forced fumbles, 3 passes defensed... most of them in huge clutch situations... yeah, i'd say that's pro bowl numbers...

i'd daresay he deserved to go to Hawaii in 2003 as well, when he had similar numbers, and added two touchdowns... two more in 2002...

and for Predaphin, who suggest a player like Bruschi is merely a "product of the system"... it's funny... there was a thread a few weeks ago on the Jets' site suggesting it's the great players New England has that makes their "overrated" system and coaches look good...

sorry, but Tedy Bruschi is a Pro Bowl linebacker... there's a bit more to the position besides tackle totals and 40 time...

I totally agree with you. If you look at Madden 06, you can see the players' stats in terms of speed, strength, acceleration, agility, etc. I know this is a video game, but I think it accurately portrays the players and their physical abilities. If you look at this game, you can see that Bruschi and especially Zach Thomas are slower, weaker, less agile, and not as explosive (in the timed shuttle drill). Yet, Bruschi wins 3 rings, makes the big play when it counts, and always plays harder than most. The same can be said for Thomas (minus the rings part - hopefully that will come soon!). I agree, I think if Bruschi was a Fin, he'd be bound for enshrinement and if Thomas was a Pat, he'd be a bum.

In addition, I think the mind of a guy like Bruschi and Thomas shaves off a fraction of a point or two on their 40 in terms of their approach to plays and angles they take; too bad there is no stat for that. The same could be said for Traylor. I wish there was a stat for amount of double teams!

I really hope he doesn't come back this year, and only for his family's sake. I fear it could be a tragic mistake. Not that I know anything, it is just something that makes me very uneasy.

BTW... Mr. Bruschi has been killing the Dolphins for years. Anyone remember that game Marino looked like his audible calls had been stolen. I believe Teddy was one of the guys that picked him off?

Anyone that thinks Bruschi is overrated has his homer glasses on too tight.
That guy just makes play after play. If he played for the Fins, people here would be calling for his bust in Canton.

Sundance Kid said:
NO way does a Guy come out of Now-where like he did and have a stroke at such a young age????

Nice.

Maybe you didn't see he had a hole in his heart which caused it, and he had surgery to repair said hole.

Sundance Kid said:

yeah, real nice...

please, dirtywater, we apologize for people like this... disregard them... they are not indicative of respectful dolphins fans at all...

would'nt surprise me if with all these injuries that the pats are not PRESSURING him to come back......no one ever knows what is said behind closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom