Brutal Christmas gift | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brutal Christmas gift

Slim

VIPeezy
Reaction score
So my in-laws bought me a brand new authentic jersey for Christmas this year. Unfortunately for me, they bought me a Chad Henne. What should I do?

I essentially have two choices:

Ask for the receipt and exchange it - thus potentially insulting them or leave the jersey as is and remove the numbers, name if/when Henne is cut.

Is it hard to remove the name or am I better off asking for the receipt now?

Take the name off the back, it was a nice idea from the in-laws, I wouldnt insult them and ask for a recipt. I was so happy I didnt have a Henne jersey for xmas so feel for you!

Maybe get a custom name, and sew it on instead. :)

Tell em Henne isn't gonna be on the team next year and you love the thought, but would rather have a jersey from someone who will be a lifelong Dolphin, like Long or Wake (hopefully).

I would ask for the receipt and exchange it. If you explain to them why you would like to exchange it then I don't see a problem. To me it would be like they bought you a shirt that was the wrong size, would you keep a shirt that did not fit because you might hurt their feelings ? I exchanged Christmas gifts from my in-laws several time and they never had a problem with it.

ah hell it could be worse it could have Sparano on the back.

hey just wear it and lets just all hope a new coach can Save Henne and then you wont have to worry about insulting your inlaws.

Say thank you and deal with it. It was a very nice gesture on their part. Show some appreciation. Very few people who ever see you where it will even know who the hell Henne is...

I disagree with pretty much everyone on here. it was a nice gesture, but asking for a player that you support isn't wrong at all. they probably went in the store and had no idea who any of the players are. just tell them you appreciated it, but would wear it more if it was your "favorite" player. I don't think they would be offended.

it's more offensive to pretend you like it and hang it in your closet to never be worn

ah hell it could be worse it could have Sparano on the back.

hey just wear it and lets just all hope a new coach can Save Henne and then you wont have to worry about insulting your inlaws.

yeah at least he didnt get a sparano fist pump windbreaker

Back
Top Bottom